Tigers V Bath

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

brooksey101

Tigers V Bath

Post by brooksey101 »

Just interested on your thoughts for next weeks encounter down at the rec and if you would make any changes to the team that started this week?

Personally I would start Tait (Hopefully not injured) and young and bring on Youngs sooner into the match to give him more of an impact. If White or Brookes are fit again start them And put the other on the bench.
:D TiGeRs RuLe!!!!:D
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Re: Tigers V Bath

Post by WhitecapTiger »

brooksey101 wrote:Just interested on your thoughts for next weeks encounter down at the rec and if you would make any changes to the team that started this week?

Personally I would start Tait (Hopefully not injured) and young and bring on Youngs sooner into the match to give him more of an impact. If White or Brookes are fit again start them And put the other on the bench.
Some big IFs there brooksey101, Tait looked out of steam sometime before he came off, kicking ball and just didn't have the wheels to chase it at one point (hopefully injury (as weird as that sounds) and not just lack of fitness). I'm not so sure we'll even see him in the 23 next week, let alone starting. Fair point about Mickey Young, gotta give the guy a go from the off. Brookes is out for about 4 months I think so no chance of seeing him.

Tom Youngs looked like he was playing with passion yesterday, one of few, so would warrant a start. Think Chuter should be rested, but doubt Cockerill will do that.

Sure I read that Parling would be fit to return mid-september, if so start putting him on the bench.
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.
sctiger

Post by sctiger »

I think Tom Youngs should definitely start. He looked good when he came on, and I agree, Young should be given a go from the start too. Also, this isn't a selection issue, but when we kick penalties for touch why don't we let 36 kick them? He's got a bigger boot than ford.

It's gonna be a tough one next week, and they're gonna need as much support as possible after yesterday.
Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Post by Tiglon »

Whatever changes are made, should be a comfortable win for Bath.

We simply don't have the players available at the moment to compete in the Premiership.
TTRITH
Super User
Super User

Post by TTRITH »

I would hope/pray that a certain Mr Skivvy and an even more important Mr Parling are fit for action next week. Allen looked quite bad, but I did think that Tait was only taken of so he didn't get broken for next week, perhaps our physios gave up some very bad news about allen?

Holford has to start, had a great game. Our worry now is lack of a number 8, so expect either that young no. 8 we signed or Tom Armes to start there, leaving us with a very inexperienced back row, unless Salvi isn't too bad... We need a bonus point out of this game, I don't see us getting it.

I also would like us to try Morris at fullback, Hamilton had another shocker yesterday, move him back to the wing and try the best player so far this season to grace a tigers shirt to play at 15.

Also, no offence to Ford, but I would like to see Staunts start next week, with Young alongside him. Bring Ford on against tiring defenses and his little breaks may pay off.

In an ideal world (not gonna happen!!) Tait, Skivington and Parling will all be fit for next week. So I'm hoping we see the following:

15. Niall Morris
14. Scott Hamilton
13. Matthew Tait
12. Billy Twelvetrees
11. Matt Smith
10. Jeremy Staunton
9. Mickey Young
1. Boris Stankovich
2. Tom Youngs
3. Michael Holford
4. Graham Kitchener
5. George Skivington (c)
6. Steve Mafi
7. Ben Woods
8. Tom Armes

16. George Chuter
17. Pete Bucknull
18. Johnny Harris
19. Geoff Parling
20. Ed Slater
21. James Grindal
22. George Ford
23. Andy Forsythe
Richard Burnett
:axe: :smt100
Bundy

Post by Bundy »

Though it hurts I could forgive the losing if it wasn't for the woeful defence and tackling in recent weeks. We may be a shed load of players out but that is no excuse for not having the passion and determination to tackle your socks off! At the moment other teams just are walking through us and we look as we have given up before we start wich is unforgiveable in a Tigers shirt. :smt018
G.K
Super User
Super User

Post by G.K »

It's now become a question of how many points we will loose by. :smt009
Nowadays referees decide matches, players by how much.
kpb
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by kpb »

If we play like we did against Away against Wasps,which we could have(should have)won then there is no reason why we can't repeat what Gloucester have just done.

We need to work on...

1) Kicking(why kick away possession straight down the opposition's throat?!)
2) Defence(say no more!)
3) Attacking lines(we were getting nowhere at stages yesterday)

Sort out the above and Tigers by 6.

Don't sort it out and we get the same drumming as yesterday. :smt018
POSITIVE MENTAL ATTITUDE.
Smudge
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Smudge »

Danny and the Vest will be licking their lips at this game.
Expect another tonking.
A life long Tiger
rdracup
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by rdracup »

I have no doubt it will be tough at Bath this week ... but not impossible to come away with 4 points. If we can get 5 points from next 3 games - Bath/Quins/Sale we will still be in touch.. and I would take us to win a semi - (away) to most teams in May.

It is a long haul and there will be no room for slip ups but lets keep some perspective...
tonka toy

Post by tonka toy »

I think i will start with
No1 The Raven
No2 The rifleman
No3 The saracens head
No4 The green tree
No5 The bell
No6 The pig and fiddle
No7 The cour de lyon
No8 The king William
No9 The royal oak
No10 The other royal oak
No11 The star
No 12 The white horse
No 13 The boater
No 14 kebab shop
No 15 A&E

There that should ensure a good alround performance
PM76
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by PM76 »

We have more chance of beating Bath than we had of beating Sarries IMO. There XV is not great and a fair few of the players were involved in the win there last year so the rec should not have too much of an effect. We will be so much stronger if any of Allen, Tait, Skivington or Salvi can play and I would hope that the boys will be fired up ready to make amends for last week, hopefully defence will have been worked on. Even if tackling cannot be worked on the basic elements of drifting etc. need to be re-inforced. Young and Youngs need to start IMO and the rest of the team picks itself. I hope for a win but would accept a bonus point of either variety, unlike some I don't believe the game is allready lost.
fleabane
Super User
Super User

Post by fleabane »

"Allen has an issue with his AC joint (shoulder) which isn't too serious but will probably keep him out this weekend," said Cockerill.

Cockerill interview in This is Leicestershire:

"Skivington is still struggling after a bang on the head he got at Newcastle.

"But Julian Salvi is fine. He was just winded after being hit late off the ball. And Mathew Tait should be fine. He was struggling lungs-wise because he wasn't expecting to be playing for 65 minutes in a demanding position like centre.

"It's a hard position to play with the lack of activity he has had in the last few weeks."

Cockerill said that Geoff Parling will be involved too.

The 27-year-old lock returns after missing all but two minutes of last season following a neck injury which was followed by a serious knee injury just two minutes into his return against Harlequins.
Valhalla I am coming!
TTRITH
Super User
Super User

Post by TTRITH »

Salvi fit, Skivington not.

So, my rejigged pack would be:

4. Ed Slater
5. Graham Kitchener
6. Steve Mafi
7. Ben Woods
8. Julian Salvi

20. Tom Armes

As a captain, probably Boris.
Richard Burnett
:axe: :smt100
Tiger in bath
Tiger Cub

Post by Tiger in bath »

This is the one regular season fixture I want Tigers to win more than any other.
A lot of Bath fans I have spoken to so far are expecting a big Bath win. I just hope our team plays well and our defence doesn't get wiped to the side. It is a shame Skivington will not be fit.

Anyone have an idea on how many fans are making the journey down here?