Oh dear, but not unexpected.

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

PM76
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Oh dear, but not unexpected.

Post by PM76 »

Lots to work on, Ford, Tait, Youngs, Young, Salvi and Woods appeared to be the only players who did anything of note. We really missed Allen once he was injured but the tackling and defence were shocking. Young has to start next week and I'm now praying that Argentina, Samoa and Italy don't get out of their groups otherwise we could suffer a third successive home defeat vs Quins. That performance was poor from the players out there and although Cockers cannot be blamed for our personel crisis their were elements that the coaches need to work on. There is no need for mass panic IMO, we can still win the Prem and the Heineken and this game will not be season defining.

Also let's hope that Allen, Tait and Boris are not too badly injured.
tonbridgetiger

Post by tonbridgetiger »

Everyone calls it our seconds but likes of chuter have had international experience so has tait etc. It is not acceptable a performance like today and it seems that we have given up competing properly. Wer should at least give them something of a game. Where is our defence? Do we even have a defence coach? Other teams don't get tonked like this even with a lot of players missing.

Time that something was done and fast. Clear the air and law done the law if our coaching staff is really worth the salt because things will not improve otherwise. This is a disgrace what is happening.

Oh well lower table and challenge cup it is next season. :-( Getting sick of losing to sarries. :smt011 :smt011
tonbridgetiger

Post by tonbridgetiger »

I accept sarries are a good side, but not worth six tries against a team taht can defend and compete properly. Still, they will do well again because of saffas connection. :smt011
g
Super User
Super User

Post by g »

Have Tigers ever conceded 50 points at WR? :smt017
kpb
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by kpb »

I'm gutted :smt010 :smt010 I'm trying my best to find positives but i'm struggling.
POSITIVE MENTAL ATTITUDE.
Darc Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Darc Tiger »

Woods, Salvi and Smith worked hard, and Young, Youngs and Ford showed touches of class. But overall, we were outplayed by a better, more settled side.

Injury list continues to grow... Bad day. Need our players back.
PM76
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by PM76 »

jgriffin wrote:
1 Ayerza
2 Chuter/Hawkins/Youngs
3 Castro/Cole
4 Deacon
5 Parling
6 TTTE/Croft
7 Salvi/Newby
8 Crane
9 Youngs
10 Flood
11 Agulla/Hamilton
12 Allen/12T
13 Manu
14 Alex
15 Smurph
Aswell as missing our second, third and fourth choice THP, our third choice second row, second choice 8 etc.
kingol22
Super User
Super User

Post by kingol22 »

kpbates wrote:I'm gutted :smt010 :smt010 I'm trying my best to find positives but i'm struggling.
Our second team put 25points past what was the best defense in the prem last year is a positive.

The injuries are worrying, Allen did not look good Tait looked awkward when he went off, more front row issues with boris but the biggest worry is Salvi who was limping when he went off, we need waldrom back.
greeny

Post by greeny »

What a terrible performance,yes we have got 12 players in NZbut all the same I don't expect teams to come to Welford Road and put 50 points by us and I must of been watching a different game to those who thought Ford had a decent game,his kicking is shocking and plays the majority of the game in front of Scott hamilton we need a play maker not another fullback and I agree the defence coaches have got to start earning there corn. :smt009 :smt017
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

Darc Tiger wrote:Woods, Salvi and Smith worked hard, and Young, Youngs and Ford showed touches of class. But overall, we were outplayed by a better, more settled side.

I agree with that fair assessment Darc Tiger! Would also add though that some ineffective clearance kicks also contributed to giving Sarries the ball back to run at us, but it happens.
jgriffin wrote: 1 Ayerza
2 Chuter/Hawkins/Youngs
3 Castro/Cole
4 Deacon
5 Parling
6 TTTE/Croft
7 Salvi/Newby
8 Crane
9 Youngs
10 Flood
11 Agulla/Hamilton
12 Allen/12T
13 Manu
14 Alex
15 Smurph
I'm hoping not but you could probably change Allen and Salvi to Black in that list now, add Tait to that and things really do look more desperate than ever.
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.
Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Post by Big Dai »

I've given up! I watched a mismatch this morning and listened to one this afternoon. Why are teams like Romania even IN the world cup? Now that we've gone passed the amateur days clashes of resource such as we are suffering now affect the status of the club as a business (leave alone the feelings of the more than gutted fans!)

Failure to qualify for Europe will hit the club both financially and also in the quality of player the Tigers will be able to attract. Throw the minnows out! Have a shorter more meaningful world cup and reduce the inconvenience to the club.

ALTERNATIVELY fill your team with second tier players, journeymen players not quite good enough for international call ups, off load your youth early, before they get international recognition and actually plan for these enforced absences. It’s not as though it’s a surprise, is it?

There are those saying the coaching staff are blameless, but could those in charge have made a better fist of planning for the world cup?
Exile Wigstonite living in Wales.
Poet laureate of the "One Eyed Turk".
Bar stool philosopher in the "Wilted Daffodil"
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

Big Dai wrote:There are those saying the coaching staff are blameless, but could those in charge have made a better fist of planning for the world cup?
Whilst I hear what you are saying Big Dai, it's not just players missing at the RWC that is contributing, how on Earth does anyone expect the coaching staff to be blamed for injuries that keep making things harder? You can't realistically plan for those when the pot has a marked bottom, there's only so many players you can have on the books 'just in case', which then takes it to one of your other points, don't sign Internationals, or develop them and offload them.

Add into that England 'raiding' the squad for a player 'just in case' someone doesn't recover is a bit off, but good for the individual's International ambitions.

Cockers says 'we' (Tigers) will just get on a do what 'we' can, fair enough in my books.
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.
Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Post by Big Dai »

I think that's what's upsetting me Whitecap! It used to be a noble thing to raise and cultivate international talent.....now all you get is kicked in the hows-your-fathers.......regularly!

It's fine having a stiff upper lip and carrying on, and getting turned over by those with more astute palnning in their playing roster, but if you don't adapt you will die.

as for the injuries that's just the law of sod! It has less effect the lower your call up level is.
Exile Wigstonite living in Wales.
Poet laureate of the "One Eyed Turk".
Bar stool philosopher in the "Wilted Daffodil"