Oh dear, but not unexpected.

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

ancientmariner

Re: Oh dear, but not unexpected.

Post by ancientmariner »

barnythebear wrote:Yes Boris has been a god send this season. The unexciting hard work at the coal face. He had the tight head in his pocket at the end of the game.
Yeah - and as I said after the Newcastle game, he was the hero of the day. Pity they don't all work as hard.
The Boy Dave
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by The Boy Dave »

On a final note is it just me or is anyone else been impressed with how one player has responded this season, Boris Stanovich?
Strange how so many players are struggling and yet Boris is shining!
I think the saying "form is temporary and class is permanent" may be relevent.
There are obviously some other class players on show such as Salvi but it's so clear that many of the other regulars have been carried by our international quality players up until now.
Cheery chappy
Pete
Super User
Super User

Post by Pete »

I thought that Saracens were much quicker than Tigers, both in speed of mind and in fleet of foot.
rocktop51
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by rocktop51 »

I read today that Sarries have 8 at the RWC - any idea as to who?

Like everyone else i was disappointed at the performance - looking at the bteam we put out we should have been capable of at least a bonus point, if not two. I'm seiously concerned that we may not turn things around given the opponents in the next couple of fixtures.

Put Youngs or Hawkins at Hookker and start with Mickey at nr 9 - not sure about Staunton at 10 but may be worth puuting Billy at 10 and shuffling the centres.
Hambo :- He was with England when he was injured, but he was a Tigers player, our player. He is still our player.”
tigermad
Super User
Super User

Post by tigermad »

:smt024 :smt024

Not a great day in the history of Leicester Tigers but I remain hopeful for the future. Any news on Anthony Allen as he took quite a knock in the first half?
Philip J Gray
Norfolk & Goode
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Norfolk & Goode »

kpbates wrote:I'm gutted :smt010 :smt010 I'm trying my best to find positives but i'm struggling.
Plenty of exciting positives:

Young - what a powerful 9, sharp, quick and inciteful - needs to start!
Youngs - a wrecking ball - completely put the Sarries opposition on their toes at the breakdown in fear of his impact
Salvi - a phenonimal and effective work horse
Morris - a whippet and a bosher - a Whosher!!
Tait - if he stays injury free he will light up the back line from all angles

Training is one aspect, but our team is now a mix of new players who need more match time to be cohesive. We are going to get spanked a few more times against the Sarries level of squads, but so what, the entire squad will be strengthened while out internationals are away. And in the latter part of the season when injuries/exhaustion have taken their full toll, Tigers will have a powerful second string to fill in where necessary. Roll on the next game and keep building the squad Cockers - :smt038
samtiger

Post by samtiger »

Young - what a powerful 9, sharp, quick and inciteful - needs to start!
Youngs - a wrecking ball - completely put the Sarries opposition on their toes at the breakdown in fear of his impact
Salvi - a phenonimal and effective work horse
Morris - a whippet and a bosher - a Whosher!!
Tait - if he stays injury free he will light up the back line from all angles

Salvi has been a great signing for us, i hope we can keep hold of him

Youngs has made some great impacts coming off the bench and i have been impressed with him
TIGERS!!
kend
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by kend »

Good perspective on the game from Ian Cockrill:http://www.thisisleicestershire.co.uk/L ... story.html

Watched on TV (couldn't get up to Leicester this w/e), IMHO the defensive issue was about organisation rather than just missed tackles - there are players with limited experience in some roles and they are simply ending up in the wrong places. Previously effective tacklers don't suddenly become bad ones.

Also IMHO, I don't think too many conclusions can be drawn from the last quarter of the match when Tigers were chasing the try bonus.

Bath & Quins will be very difficult - travelling up for the Quins game - always hopeful, but realistically a LBP would be a decent outcome.
kpb
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by kpb »

So,should we have the return of Castro,Alex,Ayerza,Agulla will they be able to fit straight back into the team or will they have to have 3-4 weeks rest period??
POSITIVE MENTAL ATTITUDE.
Tigerbob
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Tigerbob »

After Scotland's defeat to Argentina, unless the Jocks can beat England, we won't be seeing Ayerza and Agulla until after the Quarter-Finals.

But it'll be good to see the return of Alesana Tuilagi. :smt023
barnythebear

Post by barnythebear »

The eight are:
Stevens Eng
Wigglesworth Eng
Kelly Brown Scot
Wyles C USA
Smith H USA
Tagicakibau M Fiji
Burger Namibia
Smit SA

Leinster as you can imagine have 14 in the World Cup Clermont, Toulouse 13 Treviso, Crusaders and Montpellier 12 and Tigers 11 (now 12 as well) The only other English side with 10 are Sale!!
Hull Fan
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Hull Fan »

I know Ford wasn't great against Sarries but he looked better with some quicker ball once Young had come on. I'd just like to see him have a full game with quick service, if he struggles then let Staunton come off the bench. If Staunton starts then stick with Grindall as fast ball won't make that much differance for Staunton, he will kick the majority of ball. (Which may be what we need?)
The East Yorkshire Branch
Coalville RFC - "It's in the blood"
mightymouse
Super User
Super User

Post by mightymouse »

the issue for me is a system that allows us to provide all these players to England but for no reward.

Correct me if I am wrong but as I understand it - The RFU pay the premiership for providing players and the premiership vote to spread that money evenly amongst all those clubs. Also all have the same salary cap. So tell me WHY would a team that produces no England players vote to give the money earnt by Leicesters players to Leicester - that would make no sense - We all know that Turkeys would not vote for Chritmas. This system HAS to be changed by England and there is a simple way to do it. England should say in their next negotiation with the premiership that the money will not be delivered unless it is fairly didtributed to those who earn it. What would be the premierships reaction be .. well you cannot have the players - up pipe Leicester and Northampton .. well actually you can have ours but it will cost you a little more!!

Clubs who produce no England players must realise they cannot take money from those that produce them and further hamstring them by adding salary caps and then vote against sensible ideas like play LV cap during international periods.

The economics are simple - we the season ticket holders are paying to produce England players and other clubs season ticket holders benefit from our generosity. No business can sustain that for long because they know they will lose customers very quickly. The only option for the "company " to protect itself is to copy the succesful model of other more succesful companies - Get rid of England players.
G.K
Super User
Super User

Post by G.K »

barnythebear wrote:The eight are:
Stevens Eng
Wigglesworth Eng
Kelly Brown Scot
Wyles C USA
Smith H USA
Tagicakibau M Fiji
Burger Namibia
Smit SA

Leinster as you can imagine have 14 in the World Cup Clermont, Toulouse 13 Treviso, Crusaders and Montpellier 12 and Tigers 11 (now 12 as well) The only other English side with 10 are Sale!!
Hmm - and where are Sale in the AP? Well they are 4th! Makes the excuses made for Tigers a little thin doesn't it?
Nowadays referees decide matches, players by how much.
mightymouse
Super User
Super User

Post by mightymouse »

I have no argument about the lost foriegn players that is everyone including our, problem - the issuse if the lack of true compensation for Englands production line.

I suggest that unless this is resolved shortly this will change our clubs model and England will have killed the goose that lays the golden eggs