Waldrom to join England squad in NZ

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

tonyw

Re: Waldrom to join England squad in NZ

Post by tonyw »

If Easters fit enough to bungee jump he should be fit enough to play!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :smt013
bwightman
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by bwightman »

If we lose anyone else in the next couple of weeks the club will need to have a whip round for some spare players. I'll pop my kitbag next to the door, but it'll be a long old commute from Aberdeenshire...
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

Hot_Charlie wrote:As for TTTE going out to his "homeland", maybe some of the heat will come off NZ's most hated man, Quade Cooper!
Not so sure about that Hot Charlie, I reckon TTTE would've played for NZ....had they given him the chance, not sure the same is said for Quade Cooper....could be wrong!
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Waldrom called up

Post by tigerburnie »

Thomas the tank called up for England,great for him,but will we have any players left soon?
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Re: Waldrom called up

Post by WhitecapTiger »

Already under discussion Tigerburnie

http://www.leicestertigers.com/forum/vi ... =1&t=32842
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.
COWLEY72
Tiger Cub

Post by COWLEY72 »

Gutted!

This is the last thing we need right now, why don't they just take the whole team and be done with it.

This just proves the point that it is Madness that the premiership continues in the middle of a World Cup.

If we don't be careful then our season in the AP could be written off before Floody and the rest of the England Boys step off the plane back in the UK.

I'm hoping that Italy, Argentina and Samoa dont make it through the groups so at least we can get a few of the boys back sooner than later.
drc_007
Super User
Super User

Post by drc_007 »

I make 12 at the RWC, 3 long term injured and 4 or 5 injured last week.

We are now missing 5 front-row players

At what point does it become unsafe to start a game?
Tigerbob
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Tigerbob »

g wrote:If I remember didn't Craig Hammond play at No 8 for Tigers vSouth Africa? If so he did a mighty fine job there as well. Do you think if Cockers goes cap in hand to his mates at Nottingham and tell him the plight of his team do you think Notts will take pity on him and loan us Craig for the day. :smt010

Pretty please.
Ooo Ooo yes - pretty please - he was awesome that night!
biffer
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by biffer »

tb1 wrote:This is very bizarre news as I had it that no additional players beyond the squad of 30 were allowed "in country" and certainly anybody leaving the 30 man squad is permanently out.
That's what I thought. Waldrom won't be allowed to train with the squad or be a part of any squad sessions or England will be breaking the rules. If he is officially called into the squad, then he has to wait 48 hours after that point before he can join in. Bizarre.
DickyP
Super User
Super User

Post by DickyP »

Tigerbob wrote:
g wrote:If I remember didn't Craig Hammond play at No 8 for Tigers vSouth Africa? If so he did a mighty fine job there as well. Do you think if Cockers goes cap in hand to his mates at Nottingham and tell him the plight of his team do you think Notts will take pity on him and loan us Craig for the day. :smt010

Pretty please.
Ooo Ooo yes - pretty please - he was awesome that night!
Fond memories of that night especially of the first appearance of a certain youngster who I though "He's gonna make a super Tiger in a couple of years - pity he's a Samoan" - shows how much I knew!!!
For when the One Great Scorer comes to write against your name,
He marks - not that you won or lost - but how you played the Game."
Grimlish
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Grimlish »

biffer wrote
That's what I thought. Waldrom won't be allowed to train with the squad or be a part of any squad sessions or England will be breaking the rules. If he is officially called into the squad, then he has to wait 48 hours after that point before he can join in. Bizarre.
There's also the recovery from the journey/jetlag to take into account, often put at one day per hour travelled or time-difference. In which case expect a minimum of a week, probably longer, to recover before he's in a fit state to play. Far better to do the recovery early...

Which says to me he's there as cover not for this weekend's game but for Scotland, if Nick Easter doesnt recover, which if true would otherwise leave us short of options. And also suggests he's partly there cos Easter's understudy is also (actively) understudying for Lewis, and they are still worried there (rightly I'd say).

More intriguing still is the lack of a replacement for Sherri. How does that compute? Presumably given the 'strength in depth' ( :smt005 ) at prop, they were actually waiting to see if Hendrie was needed and fit (as cover for Lewis), but why not apply the same logic there too? Flutey was being touted in the press as a replacement, but that could really only have been for a selection error in the backs). Bewildered I am.
rdracup
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by rdracup »

I think the 48 hr rule is to level the playing field regarding Aus and ABs ... their replacements are only one or two hours away and in same time zone. Getting TTT there early lets him adjust to travel time change...
DickyP
Super User
Super User

Post by DickyP »

Grimlish wrote:.... More intriguing still is the lack of a replacement for Sherri. How does that compute?
We're not actually short of a prop: we, unlike many of the teams, opted for a 5th prop. Given just how well Corbisiero went during the 6N and when he came on on Saturday I don't think we have a problem.
For when the One Great Scorer comes to write against your name,
He marks - not that you won or lost - but how you played the Game."
Grimlish
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Grimlish »

Well maybe not at Prop, but are we saying we can be best in the world with a 29 man squad when all the rest have 30? We're not obliged to send like for like after all.

Kinda says to me, the rest really werent good enough....or we cant make a decision for toffee.
Suz
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Suz »

DickyP wrote:
Grimlish wrote:.... More intriguing still is the lack of a replacement for Sherri. How does that compute?
We're not actually short of a prop: we, unlike many of the teams, opted for a 5th prop. Given just how well Corbisiero went during the 6N and when he came on on Saturday I don't think we have a problem.
In thoery you may be right, but according to the telegraph both Stevens and Corbisiero missed training, Im starting to think that a repalcement prop is needed
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/rugbyu ... ining.html
"The beast got us, the Leicester beast."