Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

PMTiger
Top Cat
Top Cat

Re: MONZA - Now confirmed.

Post by PMTiger »

Tanu, how will we all identify you?
enjoy life to the full, it is not a practice run.
Tanu_Mz
Tiger Cub

Post by Tanu_Mz »

Just to let you know that the covered main stand is now sold out.
The 15 Euros tickets going for sale will give access to curve (behind the posts). Only covered seats available are the 40 Euros Distinti (Which include 3 drinks from the lounge bar + dj set).

How to recognise me... I will be going around trying to organise things at their best ... I will join the supporters in the village for the after-game party but whatever staff you come across, just ask for Tanu ...
therobertsons

Post by therobertsons »

anybody else flying from Stanstead at 6.30 on friday morning
BJ.
Super User
Super User

Post by BJ. »

therobertsons wrote:anybody else flying from Stanstead at 6.30 on friday morning
We're on the flight after you at 09.00.
Whatever you do, don't argue. We might never hear from you again.
PMTiger
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by PMTiger »

And we are right behind you on the lunchtime flight.
enjoy life to the full, it is not a practice run.
Cagey Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Cagey Tiger »

therobertsons wrote:anybody else flying from Stanstead at 6.30 on friday morning
Hi there. We are - myself and the wife (she who is vertically challenged and wears a brown cowboy hat). We are going into Bergamo for the morning and having lunch at the Pizzeria San Vigilio on Via San Vigilio (now there's a surprise!) in the old town. It reportedly has good views of the old town and gets good reviews on Trip Advisor, although that is not necessarily a guarantee of anything these days.

Then it's train to Monza in the afternoon and staying at the Euro Hotel Residence. Amongst other things, it is "offering a professional tennis table and a fun football one". Anyone for a table footy tournament?

Tanu, are any of the bars in your guide likely to show any of the games on Friday night and Saturday?

Finally, along with everyone else on here, I want to say "Thank you very much" to Tanu for all the information. It really does make a difference to the trip when you have some local knowledge available on what to do.
Tanu_Mz
Tiger Cub

Post by Tanu_Mz »

CT, I know for sure that Rugby Monza Clubhouse will be showing the games on the big screen (and the beer is cheaper then in other places); Schon and Libra have the Mediaset pay tv which does not have the rugby on.
We should get more pubs on the list by saturday, I suggest you print out the guide before you set off with the latest updates.

Have a safe trip and see you on saturday
Tanu_Mz
Tiger Cub

Post by Tanu_Mz »

Just received this from Monza Tourism Office; I will add it to the guide tonight:

An itinerary intended for those who want to know the history of Monza through the visit to the most significant monuments and artistic works of this ancient town.
The tour starts from the Basilica dedicated to St. John the Baptist (founded in the Longobard period and rebuilt in Gothic style in the 1300s).The guide will then take you on a pleasant stroll in the historical centre of Monza to the discovery of the main roman and medieval buildings survived through the centuries: the Arengario (the ancient Town Hall), the roman Arena bridge, Via Lambro with the medieval tower, the Market place and some of the most interesting churches in the city.
Visitors will return to piazza Duomo.
meeting point: piazza Duomo (in front of the Basilica)
start: 10.00 - 11.30
time required: about 1 hour and a quarter.
fee: 10,00 euro per person (kids under 12 free)
advanced reservation is obligatory: +39 039 323222 (afternoon from 15 to 18); [email protected] (remember to leave your name and your telephone number)
Tanu_Mz
Tiger Cub

Post by Tanu_Mz »

Lovely weather here, expected 20° and sunny at the weekend, if you get a good last minute offer don't think about it twice and enjoy this late summer weather conditions!
LE15
Tiger Cub

Post by LE15 »

Tanu_Mz wrote:Lovely weather here, expected 20° and sunny at the weekend, if you get a good last minute offer don't think about it twice and enjoy this late summer weather conditions!
Hope you're right tanu think I will still pack the hat and scalf as it says 10 degrees everywhere else. Really looking forward to a great weekend
Tanu_Mz
Tiger Cub

Post by Tanu_Mz »

today thermometer read 20 although forecasted 17°; actually saturday forecast is between 13-and 15° for midday, still ok for november.
will get cold from the 14th apparently, so the weekend is safe :smt025
GT1
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by GT1 »

With the world's financial eyes fixed on Italy this weekend it might be a welcome distraction for you at a rugby match. The warm weather will certainly help with our visit which starts at 6.30 at Stansted Thurs. No sleep tonight but worth it. Looking forward to seeing what Monza has to offer, see you soon!! :smt026 :smt026 :smt026
PCA26
Tiger Cub

Post by PCA26 »

Hi Tanu

Just to let you know we arrived ok at Euro hotel - very nice hotel

We were told that bus to Monza was opposite but not that we needed to buy a ticket before getting on and inspectors fined us 44 euros each - we explained that we didn't know but they said this was italy not england and they call the police and we would have to pay 1000 euros if they did - not a very hospitable welcome !!!
Tanu_Mz
Tiger Cub

Post by Tanu_Mz »

PCA26 wrote:Hi Tanu

Just to let you know we arrived ok at Euro hotel - very nice hotel

We were told that bus to Monza was opposite but not that we needed to buy a ticket before getting on and inspectors fined us 44 euros each - we explained that we didn't know but they said this was italy not england and they call the police and we would have to pay 1000 euros if they did - not a very hospitable welcome !!!
:smt013 :smt013

that is so embarassing ... I am really sorry for what happened, our ticket inspectors are real idiots ... I hope that the rest of the weekend was more enjoyable then that!
PCA26
Tiger Cub

Post by PCA26 »

Hi Tanu

Weekend very good and thank you again for your help but episode with inspectors has however left a sour taste

Regards

Paul