Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

tigermad
Super User
Super User

Leicester v Exeter

Post by tigermad »

:smt024 :smt024

I have been waiting for this game all summer as Leicester take on Exeter in the opening fixture of the Aviva Premiership. I am sure it will be a full house at Welford Road and I am really looking forward to seeing some of the new boys in action. Bring it on.
Philip J Gray
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Re: Leicester v Exeter

Post by WhitecapTiger »

tigermad wrote::smt024 :smt024 I am sure it will be a full house at Welford Road
Really?? You think? I know it's first game but I'm not so sure!
tigermad wrote::smt024 :smt024 I am really looking forward to seeing some of the new boys in action.
Agreed, haven't been able to attend the pre-season matches so am also looking forward to see how they do in competition. Exeter will be no mugs though.
tigermad wrote::smt024 :smt024 Bring it on.
:smt035 :smt035 :smt035 :smt035 :smt035 :smt035 :smt035 :smt035 :smt035 :smt035 :smt035 :smt035 :smt035 :smt035 :smt035 :smt035 :smt035 :smt035 :smt035 :smt035 :smt035 :smt035 :smt035 :smt035 :smt035 :smt035 :smt035
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.
kpb
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by kpb »

tigermad wrote::smt024 :smt024

I have been waiting for this game all summer as Leicester take on Exeter in the opening fixture of the Aviva Premiership. I am sure it will be a full house at Welford Road and I am really looking forward to seeing some of the new boys in action. Bring it on.
Not sure it will sell-out there's still plenty of tickets left but lets hope it does it would be great.Looking forward to the tigers in the park,the club seem to be doing everything they can to attract as many supporters as they can.

It will be a big step up from our pre-season,and Exeter will be a tough task,i think they will be aiming for a top 4 finish this season.I'm hoping that we see Ford at 10 pulling the strings.

:smt026 :smt026 :smt026
:smt035 :smt035 :smt035
POSITIVE MENTAL ATTITUDE.
tb1
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by tb1 »

I reckon we might lose this, plenty of untested combinations in the forwards against a pack with pretty good unit skills.

Add to that we are garbage early doors in the season and it doesn't look too good, especially after last year's scare.
dailywaffle
Super User
Super User

Post by dailywaffle »

kpbates wrote: Not sure it will sell-out there's still plenty of tickets left but lets hope it does it would be great.Looking forward to the tigers in the park,the club seem to be doing everything they can to attract as many supporters as they can.
The club are expecting a sub-20,000 crowd, nowhere near a sell-out.
kpb
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by kpb »

Has anyone any idea why the game against Worcester is a Grade 'A' game and the match against Glaws is a Grade 'B' :smt017

I would have thought that supporters would rather pay more for to watch Glaws then the other way around,last season it was a 24,000 sell-out!
POSITIVE MENTAL ATTITUDE.
kingol22
Super User
Super User

Post by kingol22 »

When did we start grading games?
bluntiger
Super User
Super User

Post by bluntiger »

kpbates wrote:..........last season it was a 24,000 sell-out!
To be fair, it was a sell-out because we had not had a home game for the five weeks previous, not because it was specifically Glaws but you are right, it makes no sense that Wuss is an 'A' game and Glaws is a 'B' game.
Always a Tiger
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

Not sure about the grading. The game against Gloucester on 21st October is the LV Cup game so may be graded B for that reason.

Where have you seen the gradings?

:smt023
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
dailywaffle
Super User
Super User

Post by dailywaffle »

Tigerbeat wrote:Where have you seen the gradings?
The ticket information link.
bluntiger
Super User
Super User

Post by bluntiger »

Always a Tiger
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

dailywaffle wrote:
Tigerbeat wrote:Where have you seen the gradings?
The ticket information link.
Cheers Dailywaffle.

Did not find that info on first search. Do not use the Ticket site as have got a season ticket.

www.matthampson.co.uk
Super User
Super User

Post by 4071 »

Exeter had a pretty good pre-season - they'll be very tough first up. They know that their best chance of staying up is to start like they did last season. They'll also know that everyone will be expecting that. So I'd say Exeter in week one would be a lot tougher than playing the likes of Sarries, Saints, Gloucester or Bath who will be trying to pace themselves over the season rather than necessarily get off to a sprint start.

CONNACHT 10-47 EXETER CHIEFS
CORNISH PIRATES 3-58 EXETER CHIEFS
EXETER CHIEFS 16-13 SCARLETS

Chiefs v Connacht:
L Arscott (J Shoemark 50); J Tatupu (N Sestaret 51), J Shoemark (P Dollman h/t), B Rennie (S Naqelevuki 51), M Jess (M Foster 68); G Steenson (I Mieres 68), H Thomas (K Barrett 33, J Polueluligaga 78).
B Sturgess (B Moon h/t), C Whitehead (N Clark h/t, Alcott 79), H Tui (C Budgen h/t, J Andress 78); J Hanks (A Muldowney 68), P Short (C Bentley 57, S Alcott 69-79); T Johnson (C Slade 68), J Scaysbrook (capt, B White 68), R Baxter (J Phillips 51).

Tries - Rennie, Steenson, Dollman, Sestaret, Shoemark

Chiefs v Pirates:
M Dorrian; M Foster, S Naqelevuki (J Shoemark 49), J Tatupu (M Jess 63), N Sestaret (B Rennie h/t); I Mieres, K Barrett (H Thomas 71).
B Moon (H Tui 71), N Clark (S Alcott 54), J Andress (C Budgen 61); A Muldowney, T Hayes (capt, C Bentley 55); C Slade (R Baxter 67), B White (J Scaysbrook 67), J Phillips.

Tries - Foster, Dorrian, Rennie, Tatupu, Baxter, Thomas, Jess

Chiefs v Scarlets:
L Arscott; J Tatupu (B Rennie 55), S Naqelevuki (P Dollman 70), J Shoemark, M Jess; G Steenson (I Mieres 58), H Thomas (K Barrett 17).
B Sturgess (B Moon 70), C Whitehead (N Clark 58), H Tui (C Budgen 70); P Short (T Hayes 58), J Hanks; T Johnson, J Scaysbrook (capt, B White 70), R Baxter (J Phillips 70).

Tries - Jess, Rennie

Interesting that former Leicester Academy hooker Chris Whitehead started both games for the full-strength side. I wonder if he's leapfrogged Clark and Alcott into the No2 shirt for next season?
TTRITH
Super User
Super User

Post by TTRITH »

Couple of changes from the line-up I posted on the Don't Expect too much from Tigers Pre-Xmas thread as to what I'd expect to see on Saturday

15. Mat Tait
14. Scott Hamilton
13. Billy Twelvetrees
12. Anthony Allen
11. Matt Smith
10. George Ford
9. James Grindal
1. Boris Stankovich
2. George Chuter (c)
3. Kieran Brookes
4. Ed Slater
5. George Skivington
6. Steve Mafi
7. Julian Salvi
8. Thomas Waldroum

16. Rob Hawkins
17. Pete Bucknull
18. Julian White
19. Graham Kitchener
20. Ben Woods
21. Mickey Young
22. Andy Forscyth
23. Niall Morris
Richard Burnett
:axe: :smt100
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

I have my doubts as to whether Julian White will be available. He has not played any part in the pre-season games.

www.matthampson.co.uk