Leicester v Exeter

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

TTRITH
Super User
Super User

Re: Leicester v Exeter

Post by TTRITH »

Tigerbeat wrote:I have my doubts as to whether Julian White will be available. He has not played any part in the pre-season games.

:smt023
Remember, he is only part-time, and only still here cause he's doing us a favour :smt002

I expect ol' farmer Jules worked his magic to make sure he didn't have to be involved in pre-season! :smt023
Richard Burnett
:axe: :smt100
kpb
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by kpb »

kingol22 wrote:When did we start grading games?
This season.A stupid idea if you ask me and the perfect way to put people off.They do this over the road at the King power and i never thought the tigers would do the same.
POSITIVE MENTAL ATTITUDE.
Will S
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Will S »

TTRITH wrote:
Tigerbeat wrote:I have my doubts as to whether Julian White will be available. He has not played any part in the pre-season games.

:smt023
Remember, he is only part-time, and only still here cause he's doing us a favour :smt002

I expect ol' farmer Jules worked his magic to make sure he didn't have to be involved in pre-season! :smt023
Julian White missed the pre-season games as he has had an operation on his knee. I expect it will be a month or so until he is back in the frame.
tigermad
Super User
Super User

Post by tigermad »

:smt024 :smt024

I think Brookes will make his AP debut at 3 as White is recovering from a knee operation. This was always a likely scenario with Cole and Castro on World Cup duty.
Philip J Gray
Old Hob
Super User
Super User

Post by Old Hob »

I intend to enquire about this grading and will report back. Downgrading the LV cup I can understand but not any game in the Premiership. If I were Exeter, I would feel very insulted and even more determined to win.
Omnia dicta fortiora si dicta Latina
Dibble
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by Dibble »

Isn't it to do with the timing of the games more than the quality of the opposition?

For example Sale (Grade A) being on New Years Day and Worcester (Grade A)being over the Easter break?

I'm sure Tigers wouldn't have a scale for how pants other sides are by comparison and certainly wouldn't put Exeter at Grade B based on ability after they ran us so close last season!
There are 3 types of people.
Those who count and those who can't.
Dibble
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by Dibble »

I should've said timing and also those teams we are considered to have a strong rivalry with
There are 3 types of people.
Those who count and those who can't.
kingol22
Super User
Super User

Post by kingol22 »

Staunton has been confirmed fit to play in this match. Will be interesting to see who cockers goes with.
Jay C
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Jay C »

kingol22 wrote:Staunton has been confirmed fit to play in this match. Will be interesting to see who cockers goes with.
If so, then I expect Staunton to be named in the team but withdrawn on the day in favour of Ford.....

...either way, expect the Chiefs back row to target our 10 early !

Least likely option is 12trees at 10 (with Smith back at 13) ?
kpb
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by kpb »

Season Preview,player's in and out.I agree with what most are saying that Newcastle looked to be doomed this season,that is of cause depending on how Worcester fair in there return to the Premiership.

http://www.planetrugby.co.uk/story/0,25 ... 13,00.html

My top 6 will be.....

Tigers
Sarries
Saints
Bath
Exeter
Glaws

With a Tigers vs Saints Final. :smt023
POSITIVE MENTAL ATTITUDE.
tonbridgetiger

Post by tonbridgetiger »

I'm sure a lot of fans going to the game tomorrow will like to see that we may be in for a drubbing! Not!

A lot of pessimism about tomorrow's game even if we are without a lot of players. Exeter have done well preseason but not sure about the quality of some of their opposition.

They will be tough but we can beat them imo.
Tigris
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Tigris »

Team for tomorrow (from PlanetRugby website - no idea where they've picked this up from):

Leicester: 15 Scott Hamilton, 14 Matt Smith, 13 Billy Twelvetrees, 12 Anthony Allen, 11 Mathew Tait, 10 George Ford, 9 James Grindal, 8 Thomas Waldrom, 7 Julian Salvi, 6 Steve Mafi, 5 George Skivington, 4 Ed Slater, 3 Kieran Brookes, 2 George Chuter (capt), 1 Boris Stankovich.
Replacements: 16 Rob Hawkins, 17 Jonny Harris, 18 Peter Bucknall, 19 Ben Woods, 20 Tom Armes, 21 Mickey Young, 22 Andy Forsyth, 23 Niall Morris.
salcombe bob
Super User
Super User

Post by salcombe bob »

not sure this is strong enough! :smt017
Skin_and_Muscle
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Skin_and_Muscle »

This squad is confirmed on the homepage now.

http://www.leicestertigers.com/news/17718.php

The back row is strong and mobile, the second row is powerful and there is some real class in the backs. Starting Grindal with Ford is probably the right option, a bit of experience at 9 to compensate for Ford's lack of it. I'm confident that there is a great plan B too; if Ford doesn't work out too well (though I don't see why he wouldn't) Twelvetrees can step in with Forsyth coming in at 13- or even Tait could move to 13 with Morris taking his place on the wing.

I like it!