Haskell Out, Waldrom in?

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

bluntiger
Super User
Super User

Haskell Out, Waldrom in?

Post by bluntiger »

This could be really bad news if confirmed, especially with Crane ruled out for the season.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/rugbyu ... l-out.html
Always a Tiger
Hull Fan
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Haskell Out, Waldrom in?

Post by Hull Fan »

Don't think MJ would take TTTE even if Haskell is ruled out, he let him leave the squad at the first cut so would of thought that Fourie would be more likely and could cover 7 better than TTTE.
The East Yorkshire Branch
Coalville RFC - "It's in the blood"
Bertos

Post by Bertos »

Fourie (or Robshaw for that matter) isn't a direct replacement for Haskell as Haskell covers all the back row positions and if he is out there is no cover for 8.

I'd say Waldrom may well get the call as that would leave us with much better covered:

6 - Croft, Wood, Waldrom, Moody
7 - Moody, Wood, Croft (at a push)
8 - Easter, Waldrom
tb1
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by tb1 »

For a world cup environment they might just as easily go for Worsley or something.
BJ.
Super User
Super User

Post by BJ. »

The latest on the BBC sports page ticker says a scan of Haskell's foot has revealed 'mild inflammation' but he will be available for the Ireland match on Saturday.
Whatever you do, don't argue. We might never hear from you again.
salcombe bob
Super User
Super User

Post by salcombe bob »

Bertos and others, Tigers are the primary concern to me. :smt038
bluntiger
Super User
Super User

Post by bluntiger »

salcombe bob wrote:Bertos and others, Tigers are the primary concern to me. :smt038
And me too. My original post was more of concern for how this woulod leave Tigers than England.

But I do think this has legs if Haskell doesn't make it. Haskell (and Easter to a degree) are England's main ball-carriers from the back-row and an injury to either would mean the need to add a ball-carring back-rower and Waldrom fits that bill for me.

It would, I fear, be devastating for Tigers if Waldrom was called up, especially after the loss of Crane. A back-row without Croft, Crane, Newby and Waldrom is a real concern. And a pack without Castro, Cole, Deacon, Croft, Crane, Newby and Waldrom. Well, I know we have some replacements but ....

Thank heavens Mafi did not get selected by Fiji .... quite how I have no idea, but it is a massive blessing for us.
Always a Tiger
crateman
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by crateman »

"Thank heavens Mafi did not get selected by Fiji .... quite how I have no idea, but it is a massive blessing for us."

Perhaps, because he's Tongan?
bluntiger
Super User
Super User

Post by bluntiger »

I stand corrected, actually he was born in Australia but as you say he plays for Tonga but I am still not sure how he did not make their squad.
Always a Tiger
BJ.
Super User
Super User

Post by BJ. »

BJ. wrote:The latest on the BBC sports page ticker says a scan of Haskell's foot has revealed 'mild inflammation' but he will be available for the Ireland match on Saturday.
Now confirmed fit for Saturday
Whatever you do, don't argue. We might never hear from you again.
Bertos

Post by Bertos »

salcombe bob wrote:Bertos and others, Tigers are the primary concern to me. :smt038
And me too, didn't mean to give the impression otherwise. It looks like Haskell may be fit for the England game at the weekend so hopefully TTTE will be staying with us.
g
Super User
Super User

Post by g »

Haskell has been cleared to play in Saturdays game against Ireland after a minor injury scare according to Skysports. So not as bad as first thought.