Problems with Season Ticket Cards at the Lyon game

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

WirralExile
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Problems with Season Ticket Cards at the Lyon game

Post by WirralExile »

I'm sure I wasn't the only one, but yesterday my daughter's Season Ticket card didn't work on the barriers - mine was fine. We have been Season Ticket holders for some time now and moved from the A&L stand to the Caterpillar Stand when it was built. She reached 16 this year and became a "Young Adult/Full time Student" YAFTS, rather than a junior; for some reason she was recently sent a new card, with a note saying there was a fault with her old one. So when tried to use her new one yesterday we were a bit miffed that there was a fault with the new one too! The guys on the turnstiles said a number of the new cards weren't working. The Ticket Office gave us a paper ticket for the match and there were others in the queue with the same problem.
I will be emailing the Ticket Office later to see what the problem was.
Probably something they will put down to "computers". Computers eh, they will never catch on!
Anyone else with a problem yesterday?
Wirral Exile
Same birthplace as Oz, but not quite as lippy!
kingol22
Super User
Super User

Re: Problems with Season Ticket Cards at the Lyon game

Post by kingol22 »

We had the same problem as well. We got told by the staff at the ticket office that the new cards had not been programmed correctly and where asked to leave are ST cards so that they could fix them for the exeter game. To be honest im getting fed up of these cards as i had a similar problem at the semi final last season.
WirralExile
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by WirralExile »

Just had an email reply from Chris Rose, Head of Brand Development, at the club:

"Firstly, a new card is produced for this season if the system sees a change in seat or price band...i.e. Junior to Adult. This can also happen occasionally by operator error, but also if your daughter had gone from a Junior, to a Junior on a family ticket, or a Junior as a free Under 10. As you say...the system does as it’s told.

Secondly, the problem with the new cards is that we had a new season ticket card printer which has apparently encoded a batch of cards incorrectly. We are looking into this now.

As for the new card, we will be producing and testing ALL cards by Wednesday of this week, so they will be out in time for Exeter, and I am certain that they will work."

So, hopefully the problem will be sorted soon. If you weren't at the Lyon match on Saturday and you have recieved a new card this season, you may want to check with the Ticket Office before you try to use it for the Exeter game to save any unwanted delays at the turnstiles.
Wirral Exile
Same birthplace as Oz, but not quite as lippy!
Noggs
Super User
Super User

Post by Noggs »

kingol22 wrote:To be honest im getting fed up of these cards as i had a similar problem at the semi final last season.
Lets not make a mountain......
The new turnstiles have to be at least 3x faster than the old ones and the ability to renew season tickets and add games electronically must be saving the club thousands in postage which is to everyons's advantage. Now and again things will go wrong but hey.... :smt002
Life can be unpredictable, so eat your pudding first!
samtiger

Post by samtiger »

I had the same problem, my son and i are new season ticket holders and this was our first game with these new cards.

We got to the turnstyle about 15 mins before KO and the steward just told us both to climb over the barrier so im sure lots of other people must of had this happen to them.

I'll phone the ticket office now to get mine sorted.
TIGERS!!
bluntiger
Super User
Super User

Post by bluntiger »

We have never had a problem with ours (x2), work perfectly.

I am an Arsenal member to and they have a similar system and that too has always worked perfectly. And it stops ticket touts!
Always a Tiger
kingol22
Super User
Super User

Post by kingol22 »

Noggs wrote:
kingol22 wrote:To be honest im getting fed up of these cards as i had a similar problem at the semi final last season.
Lets not make a mountain......
The new turnstiles have to be at least 3x faster than the old ones and the ability to renew season tickets and add games electronically must be saving the club thousands in postage which is to everyons's advantage. Now and again things will go wrong but hey.... :smt002
I agree they are a lot faster it is just slightly annoying that when they do go wrong they seem to do so for a lot of people.
BJ.
Super User
Super User

Post by BJ. »

kingol22 wrote:I agree they are a lot faster it is just slightly annoying that when they do go wrong they seem to do so for a lot of people.
How many is a lot? People only complain if something doesn't work. I have yet to see anyone (until now - see below) submit a comment on this forum saying how well their card works.

Hello, I would like to take this opportunity to say I have had no problems whatsoever using my credit-card style season ticket. To date, it has worked first time every time and I am very pleased with it. The only drawback with it is we can no longer play 'guess the letter of the voucher from your season ticket for today's match' as we walk to the ground.
Whatever you do, don't argue. We might never hear from you again.
cockneyCATman

Post by cockneyCATman »

Whilst not wishing to moan on my first post !- but I will! it was not the season ticket cards not working that was the issue it was queueing fore twenty minutes for a paper ticket, and then queueing again to get in to be told at the ticket gate don't worry we are just letting you in any way ! so you do not need the paper ticket anyway.
very entertaining game by the way.
drew

Post by drew »

We had a problem with my other halfs card. The kids and mine were fine.
The ticket office said it would be sorted this week!
Prof
Tiger Cub

Post by Prof »

I had a problem (twice) at the end of last season with my card. I handed it in and got a new black one which worked ok for the Lyon game. But the main complaint I have about this is that the turnstile operator told me a would have to go the ticket office to get a paper ticket! Five mins. before k.o. you are joking! I insisted on being let in and eventually after dragging somebody fron the security area they relented. However I am getting on a bit and walking all the way from the Crumbie Gate to the ticket office and back and presumably queueing would have probably cost me a good 20 mins. of the first half! Thats not acceptable. If the card doesn't work there should be someone on hand who can let you in.
Smokeonthewater
DickyP
Super User
Super User

Post by DickyP »

Prof wrote:I had a problem (twice) at the end of last season with my card. I handed it in and got a new black one which worked ok for the Lyon game. But the main complaint I have about this is that the turnstile operator told me a would have to go the ticket office to get a paper ticket! Five mins. before k.o. you are joking! I insisted on being let in and eventually after dragging somebody fron the security area they relented. However I am getting on a bit and walking all the way from the Crumbie Gate to the ticket office and back and presumably queueing would have probably cost me a good 20 mins. of the first half! Thats not acceptable. If the card doesn't work there should be someone on hand who can let you in.
Luckily I've not had any problems (yet) and normally I arrive in plenty of time to be able to deal with such problems despite my decrepitude, but I agree with your conclusion: it should not be up to the paying punter to resolve the club's problems. We've paid up-front to watch the game not to queue whilst the game is being played. After all that's us giving them 25 to 30p a minute for the privilege of missing the game and solving their mistakes.
For when the One Great Scorer comes to write against your name,
He marks - not that you won or lost - but how you played the Game."
Tigerpete

Post by Tigerpete »

I'm a new season ticket holder and had no trouble getting into the Cat stand with my wife. In fact there was a steward there to help test the cards in order to get in and I noticed he also held a master card in case of trouble. I was very pleased with the hassle free entry.
samtiger

Post by samtiger »

I received a new season ticket card for my son and me yesterday. Asking me to destroy the old ones as they we not programmed right.

The ticket office decided to send new cards out to everybody before the exeter game after the problems at the lyon match.
TIGERS!!
Old Hob
Super User
Super User

Post by Old Hob »

samtiger wrote:I received a new season ticket card for my son and me yesterday. Asking me to destroy the old ones as they we not programmed right.

The ticket office decided to send new cards out to everybody before the exeter game after the problems at the lyon match.
I spoke to the ticket office and they told me that only this season's cards are being replaced; the older ones from previous seasons are not as they work fine.
Omnia dicta fortiora si dicta Latina