Leicester v Lyon

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

dailywaffle
Super User
Super User

Re: Leicester v Lyon

Post by dailywaffle »

Btiger24 wrote:Really good game to watch and a very decent performance from tigers. However Lyon were limited in attack so didnt give the defence a proper test. Nevertheless they could only play what was in front of them.
15 Morris Excellent all round game, strong in the tackle and gd under high ball 8/10
14 Hamilton Mr dependable as always took his tries well and ran some good lines 7/10
13 Twelvetrees Distributes the ball well from centre and kicked well of the tee 7/10
12 Allen Put in an immense amount of unseen work making some great tackles in addition to his breaks 8/10
11 Tait My MOTM was all over the park in attack and defense, added some much needed pace to the tigers backline and looks a fantastic signing 9/10
10 Ford Looked assured and produced tactical kicks that Flood and Tigers missed last season, needs to be tested agains better opposition but on this showing could easily step up to the 1st XV 8/10
9 Grindal One of his best games provided quick service and accurate passing as well as controlling the tempo of the game when needed and provided support to players making breaks8.5/10
1 Stankovich Scrum totally dominant until he went off(despite Chris White not rewarding the dominance...) 7/10
2 Chuter Line out stood up relatively well and worked well in the loose 7/10
3 Brookes didnt see as much of him in the loose as i would have liked but along with stankovich destroyed lyons scrum 6.5/10
4 Slater Carried on from last season with an assured perfromance 7/10
5 Skivington good in line out but anonymouse round the field 6/10
6 Ben Woods Didint see much of Woods and Mafi seemed to have more of an impact in the 10 mins he was on then woods did in 80 5/10
7 Salvi Outstanding game difficult to stop and put some great tackles in, sign him up permanetely 9/10
8 Waldrom showed good control at the back of the scrum and provided powerful go forward 8/10
Replacements
Hawkins Still don’t know why cockerill doesn’t start him much more dynamic than chuter ever is
Mafi Strong running and tackling great news hes got his visa
Lee Robinson Made some inroads into the defence but is really a less effective A Tuilagi
Micky Young Solid showing but difficult to compare with grindal as game had broken up when he came on
Lyon were poor, but you can only play against what turns up.
Quick ratings:
Morris - 4
Hamilton - 7
Twelvetrees - 6
Allen - 8
Tait - 6
Ford - 5.5
Grindall - 6
Stankovich - 6.5
Chuter - 5
Brookes - 6
Slater - 5
Skivington - 6.5
Wood - 6
Salvi - 8
Waldrom - 5
BJ.
Super User
Super User

Post by BJ. »

tigermad wrote::smt024 :smt024

What is the latest score from Welford Road?
Didn't you go? I would have thought after your comment here nothing would keep you away.
Whatever you do, don't argue. We might never hear from you again.
BJ.
Super User
Super User

Post by BJ. »

Wayne Richardson Fan Club wrote:No news on Parling either ...
At least he was kitted up and on the pitch for the warm-up on Saturday. I asked him in Millau about the state of his leg and his reply was simply, "Good!" with a big smile.
Whatever you do, don't argue. We might never hear from you again.
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

Cockerill said in July that Parling would be back in mid-September. He is back in training but apparently someway off full fitness which considering his injuries isn't that much of a suprise.

Did any of the young backrowers get on, I'm talking particularly about Armes and de Carpienter?
PM76
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by PM76 »

Jay C wrote: Where was Staunton - I miss him :smt003 Does anyone really think GF will start against Exeter ??
http://www.thisisleicestershire.co.uk/G ... story.html

Staunton, according to todays Merc, missed most of pre-season with an achilles injury and although he has now started training again he is a long way behind in terms of fitness etc. I think Ford may well start, Cockerill is a consistent selector and if he feels the time is right he has thrown players in; Tuilagi, Youngs etc.
rocktop51
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by rocktop51 »

dontlookdown wrote:One thing I will say about Ford is he doesn't seem to be quite up to pace yet. He was getting closed down by Lyon a lot - leading to a few charge downs. His tactical kicking was very good but he does need to speed up with it on occasion.
i think in part that was down to Abrahams doing what he always does - live offside !
Hambo :- He was with England when he was injured, but he was a Tigers player, our player. He is still our player.”
Old Hob
Super User
Super User

Post by Old Hob »

sam16111986 wrote:Cockerill said in July that Parling would be back in mid-September. He is back in training but apparently someway off full fitness which considering his injuries isn't that much of a suprise.

Did any of the young backrowers get on, I'm talking particularly about Armes and de Carpienter?
They both came on; de Carpentier with about 2 mins to go so didn't see much of him to make a judgement and It may have been the same for Armes. There was a lot of traffic in the latter stages of the game.
Omnia dicta fortiora si dicta Latina