Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Darc Tiger
Super User
Super User

Re: Leicester v Lyon

Post by Darc Tiger »

PM76 wrote:Squad of 28 named:

Forwards: Tom Armes, Fraser Balmain, Kieran Brookes, Pete Bucknall, George Chuter, Richard De Carpentier, Rob Hawkins, Steve Mafi, Camilo Parilli Ocampo, Julian Salvi, George Skivington, Ed Slater, Boris Stankovich, Thomas Waldrom, Ben Woods, Tom Youngs,
Backs: Anthony Allen, George Ford, James Grindal, Scott Hamilton, Sam Harrison, Dante Mama, Niall Morris, Lee Robinson, Ed Rolston, Mathew Tait, Billy Twelvetrees, Micky Young

Smith and Kitchener are listed as injured in the Merc but no word on Staunton, Crane or White does anyone know anything. I know Staunton and Crane are not liked by some, who would prefer 12trees/ Waldrom, but they will both be key players for us and we need them fit.
Exciting looking squad. Good to have club rugby is back. :smt001

Shame about those missing. And interesting no Jezza again. Ford looks like he is set to start a few premiership games in early season. Hope he is up for it. In other news, good that Mafi appears to have his visa sorted.

Lyon will be tough. A little ahead of us in preparation terms, as with Montpellier. They also gave the Hairspreys a bit of a tonking. Just hoping for a better showing, with much better defence!
Jay C
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Jay C »

In the Mercury, Cockers mentions retaining the Notts 13 Tim Streather, yet in the 28 named for tomorrow we have Dante Mama and Ed Rolston from Loughboro Students instead ? ......

My starting XV :

Kieran Brookes, Rob Hawkins, Boris Stankovich, Ed Slater, George Skivington, Steve Mafi, Julian Salvi, Thomas Waldrom
Micky Young, George Ford, Mathew Tait, Anthony Allen, Billy Twelvetrees, Scott Hamilton, Niall Morris

Shows how many players we are missing when you look at who's then left for the bench spots :

Forwards: Tom Armes, Fraser Balmain, Pete Bucknall, George Chuter, Richard De Carpentier, Camilo Parilli Ocampo, Ben Woods, Tom Youngs
Backs: James Grindal, Sam Harrison, Dante Mama, Lee Robinson, Ed Rolston

Could be a tough old game tomorrow - we will need to front up big time ....
Come on Tigers !!
kingol22
Super User
Super User

Post by kingol22 »

Considering how many people we are missing that looks like a pretty good team Jay C. I would swap twelvetrees and allen around as i think twelvetrees passing game is much more suited to 12 than 13, would also swap morris and tait around.

Anybody know whats happened to staunton?
Wayne Richardson Fan Club
Super User
Super User

Post by Wayne Richardson Fan Club »

No news on Parling either, presume Julian is Farming & no doubt Jezza will appear to,stiffle the Back Line on the 3rd.
To win is not as important as playing with style!
kpb
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by kpb »

Grindals playing a blinder!! :smt038

All round good performance half time 24-3

Sounds like Morris and Tait having a good game
POSITIVE MENTAL ATTITUDE.
tigermad
Super User
Super User

Post by tigermad »

:smt024 :smt024

What is the latest score from Welford Road?
Philip J Gray
drc_007
Super User
Super User

Post by drc_007 »

tigermad wrote::smt024 :smt024

What is the latest score from Welford Road?
31-3
drc_007
Super User
Super User

Post by drc_007 »

38-3

Lyon look like they may struggle this season.
Darc Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Darc Tiger »

And all is well in the world.

I think with our internationals back, this is our strongest side in a long while.
kpb
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by kpb »

Darc Tiger wrote:And all is well in the world.

I think with our internationals back, this is our strongest side in a long while.
I agree.

We are looking strong without them so we will have a awesome squad when they return.Our pack looked dominant today and the backs used the ball well.Pleased to see Grindal playing well and Allen
kpb
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by kpb »

Wasn't at today's game but was wondering if the clubhouse stand is available to sit in,i was just curious as the stand isn't available on-line??
dontlookdown

Post by dontlookdown »

kpbates wrote:Wasn't at today's game but was wondering if the clubhouse stand is available to sit in,i was just curious as the stand isn't available on-line??
It was much smaller than normal and there was noone there, so they were probably just assuming the rest of the ground wouldn't get full and were grouping people together
7 years so far..
opcws

Post by opcws »

Was impressed by pretty much everyone today. Ford looked reassuringly calm under pressure, and knocked out some very subtle tactical kicks. Tait seems very motivated, made some great runs and his clearing kicks were solid too. Grindal was as fired-up as I've ever seen him, and Young seemed to be constantly looking for gaps to make unexpected breaks a la Youngs. Should be a very, very interesting battle for the 9 shirt.

Anyone else notice that Billy seems to have changed his run-up a bit? I'm sure he used to lean over the ball more. Either way, whatever he did worked - 4/5 is better than Flood was managing at the end of last season and some of them were pretty tricky too.

Salvi was a superb pest. Should be a real asset. We need someone to put pressure on fly halves - Imagine how much difference it would have made if we'd had someone turning up the heat on Farrell at Twickenham.

I'm sure I had more thoughts but I can't recall them now. Really good performance. Very very encouraging. Looks like we've got genuine depth across the board. Top 2 finish looks a very realistic aim at this point.
Ben the Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Ben the Tiger »

Do we think that the outstanding performances are merely due to the seemingly weaker opposition, or just a better individual performance? It appears there has been a sharp change in performance standard from last week's game.

Also what was the starting line up?
Success only comes before work in the dictionary.

"Rugby is a hooligans game played by gentlemen." Winston Churchill