TERRACE and fans - threads merged

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

fleabane
Super User
Super User

Re: TERRACE and fans - threads merged

Post by fleabane »

Hertstiger. The Terrace is not a safe place?????? Unbelievable! Have you ever stood on the Terrace?

Verathecart speaks a great deal of sense.
Valhalla I am coming!
Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Post by Tiglon »

Seems to me this is a private matter between those actually involved. I doubt any posters on here know what is actually going on, and it's none of our business - in my opinion.

If a security guard in Tesco is assaulted by a customer, are Tesco obliged to inform every customer exactly what is happening?

One minor incident in many many years does not make the terrace an unsafe place.

Please correct me if any of the above is wrong.
bluntiger
Super User
Super User

Post by bluntiger »

Tiglon wrote:Seems to me this is a private matter between those actually involved. I doubt any posters on here know what is actually going on, and it's none of our business - in my opinion.
Actually, one poster in particular does know exactly what is going on since the steward who was assulted has posted his version of events. To recap, here is what he had to say:

'I am the supervisor who was assaulted on the terrace after the LV game against Bath last February. I asked this particular supporter to stop swearing, as it was continuous and very loud (it is a ‘family club’). This is something that we are asked at each briefing to monitor and act upon. At this, he verbally abused me, then physically assaulted me by pushing me into the steel barriers, breaking two ribs.

We were asked to take him to the safety control box, but the chief steward insisted we took him straight out of the ground and didn’t follow other instructions to detain the man until the police were called. The police visited the club and took away CCTV footage of the incident. However through ‘lack of evidence’(!) couldn’t take it any further, despite several visits to the ground afterwards. The club didn’t ask anybody on the terrace who may have seen what happened, nor would they listen to other supervisors accounts of the event. The club have taken no further action so the perpetrator is free to carry on attending games!

I spoke to both David Clayton and Peter Tom at the last game of the season, explaining how I was very disappointed with the clubs response, and that I was thinking of leaving. I was then told by the chief steward that I was not required to work at this game, I have now had my final pay packet – complete with P60 attached. It would seem I have no choice now as to whether I carry on after 20 years!!

I feel very let down by the club, and their total lack of support and safety for their staff.'
Always a Tiger
Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Post by Tiglon »

Yes Bluntiger, I read that. I suppose whether you choose to believe absolutely what you read on an internet messageboard is up to you.

I am a giraffe.
BJ.
Super User
Super User

Post by BJ. »

The comments by the steward concerned were originally posted on this thread on 9 Aug. Since then, with one exception on 12 Aug to thank people for their support, this person has remained silent on here.

Read into that what you will ...
Whatever you do, don't argue. We might never hear from you again.
bluntiger
Super User
Super User

Post by bluntiger »

Tiglon wrote:I am a giraffe.
And of course, I believe you!
Always a Tiger
fleabane
Super User
Super User

Post by fleabane »

Good points Tiglon, and BJ.

More to this than meets the eye - only one side of the story has been heard, so be careful how you express your opinion!
Valhalla I am coming!
kingol22
Super User
Super User

Post by kingol22 »

hertstiger wrote:Sorry but whilst the terrace is not a safe place to take my family we shall not be attending; get it in order you are a disgrace.

The terrace is a perfectly safe environment for a family. There is very rarely people who try to cause trouble but you can guarantee that these will be dealt with by stewards.
extiger7

Post by extiger7 »

Please forgive me for not making any comments since the 12th August but there is a reason!

I actually came and stood on the terrace for the pre-season friendly and was advised by one of the moderators that I shouldn't make any comments whilst the Club were "investigating" the assault. As blunttiger as pointed out I have given my side of the story.

I too would love to hear what the Club has to say especially now that there are so many supporters saying how dissapointed they are with how the Club has acted.

So if I don't respond there may be a valid reason as to why, but believe me I am following what is going on, on the forum and for that I thank you.
G.K
Super User
Super User

Post by G.K »

Tiglon wrote:Seems to me this is a private matter between those actually involved. I doubt any posters on here know what is actually going on, and it's none of our business - in my opinion.

If a security guard in Tesco is assaulted by a customer, are Tesco obliged to inform every customer exactly what is happening?

One minor incident in many many years does not make the terrace an unsafe place.

Please correct me if any of the above is wrong.
You are wrong. There have been quite a few incidents of verbal abuse and assault at WR over the last few years, this is not an isolated incident.

As others have said I don't see the problem with the club making a statement, especially as it's been indicated that they agreed to discuss it with NorthenLad.

Personally I'm fed up with those that excuse the behaviour of LFC in this matter.
Nowadays referees decide matches, players by how much.
Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Post by Tiglon »

I don't think verbal abuse is what we're talking about here.

Could you provide examples of all these assaults?

What evidence do you have as to the behaviour of LFC in this matter?
G.K
Super User
Super User

Post by G.K »

If you have the time (I don't) go back and check the threads on this forum, otherwise stop making silly comments.
Nowadays referees decide matches, players by how much.
Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Post by Tiglon »

That would be a "no" to examples of previous assaults at WR then...

And no evidence of LFC's behaviour, other than unverified internet messageboard posts.

Your only argument is that I am "silly". Well done, you win! :smt023
el trombono
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by el trombono »

Tiglon, I note your location is Bath.

My take? You are a Bath agent provocateur and I claim my five West Country pounds. Or a gallon of scrumpy if that is easier for you. :smt002

For my part, I am grateful for the update from the steward concerned and for the fact that he has agreed to keep his counsel, as requested, pending the outcome of the club's investigation. I believe the onus now rests with the club to update on the investigation one year on, btw. It is either a very complicated investigation or, more likely, they had hoped the issue would be quietly dropped. The ongoing silence is deafening and the noise associated with this sorry incident will only be reduced when the club chairman does the right thing by this member of staff and those of us concerned by his treatment.

Come on Mr Tom, man up.

edited to add:- Apologies. In terms of timescales, this incident is reported as having occurred TWENTY months ago. That is nigh on two years! Deano could have run twice round Welford Road in that time!!!
Behind You!
Kinoulton
Super User
Super User

Post by Kinoulton »

I'm not a part of this palaver, and don't proporse to be. However, it would be very easy for the club to write a bland statement, which they can pass in front of their solicitors, saying something like: "We are taking this allegation very seriously, but cannot comment as it is sub judicy."

Everyone would be happy then (for a bit) so why don't they do it?

Simples.
Kicks and scrums and ruck and roll.....Is all my brain and body need!