Great article on Manu...

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

tigerseb
Tiger Cub

Great article on Manu...

Post by tigerseb »

If you can read the small print in it, there are talks of how Manu won the 90kg Bench Press challenge with a staggering 38 reps aswell as how he upended Mike tindall in the wrestling challenge...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/rugbyu ... ds-newsxml

Northants Tiger
kpb
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Great article on Manu...

Post by kpb »

Manu is certainly the man of the moment,all the papers/rugby websites talking about him.Even my 8yr old lad has just gone and had the 'Manu' haircut!!
POSITIVE MENTAL ATTITUDE.
Ads677
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Ads677 »

Without belittling anything Manu has and could do, we've been here before with the media over-hyping a player (his brother Alex is one example, Flutey and Tait are others). I'm sure he'll be a great English asset, but he is still learning his trade, as Johnson acknowledges:

'He's getting better and better. He's an exciting 20-year-old who's got all the talents to develop into a top player. It's our job, his job and his club's job to try to make that happen. This is a big chance for Manu. We thought about bringing him off the bench but then thought, "No, let's start him at 13 and really give him that full opportunity". What he's shown us makes him worthy of a chance to play. If you think of how quickly he's got to where he is, that is very impressive.'

Still, I'll be shouting for him and England all afternoon on Saturday! :smt038
jamiewilkinson

Post by jamiewilkinson »

Good to see all the media are now recognising his potential, and seems the chris ashton incident was all part of growing up, shame they didnt see that at the time.