Virgin London Triathlon

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

roysboys

Virgin London Triathlon

Post by roysboys »

Dear All

In a moment of madness, I decided to enter the Virgin London Triathlon and will be taking part in the Sprint Race on Saturday, 30th July 2011.

I'm supporting Cancer Research UK &The Matt Hampson Foundation.

Cancer Research UK
Cancer Research UK is the world’s leading charity dedicated to beating cancer through research. Over half of all cancer research in the UK is carried out by our scientists. We have discovered new ways to prevent, diagnose and treat cancer that together have saved millions of lives across the world. We have been at the heart of the progress that has already seen survival rates double in the last thirty years. But one in three of us will still get cancer at some point in our lives. Our groundbreaking work, funded entirely by the public, will help ensure that millions more people will survive.

The Matt Hampson Foundation
Matt Hampsons world was rocked by a serious spinal injury sustained while training with England U21s.The Matt Hampson Foundation inspires and supports young people seriously injured through sport. We believe that nobody knows their needs better than Matt. http://www.matthampsonfoundation.org.

Prior to his accident, Matt had coached my sons at Oakham Rugby club as juniors and even though they only spent a short time with him, he fuelled their love of the game and desire to improve as players.

If you would like to sponsor me, please go to http://www.virginmoneygiving.com/CarolineRoy to see my fundraising page and see a stunning photo of my interpretation of swim/bike/run!!!

PS note to moderators - if you feel this post should be moved to another part of the forum, please do so.
roysboys

Re: Virgin London Triathlon

Post by roysboys »

with 5 days left until raceday, bumping my post up again - any sponsorship would be much appreciated. :smt023
roysboys

Post by roysboys »

Really chuffed to report that I completed the Triathlon on Saturday in a time of 2.04 hours. If anyone would like still like to sponsor me in support of two wonderful charities my online donation page will be open for a few more days & the money goes straight to the charities, please visit virginmoneygiving.com/carolineroy -

many thanks in advance
cornish tigress
Super User
Super User

Post by cornish tigress »

Well done. I am in awe. Donation just done. It is lovely to see the amazing things people will do for Matt's foundation. :smt001 Star.
http://www.matthampson.co.uk
roysboys

Post by roysboys »

many thanks CT - although I think your walk from Launceston a couple of years ago puts my mere 15 mile jaunt into perspective!!