Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

PM76
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: 'Jonah Lomu's Rugby Challenge' new video game

Post by PM76 »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gJs_-xxgJPI

Here is the trailer for the RWC 2011 game. Much of it looks similar to rugby 08, tackles, try celebrations etc. Seeing this only confirms to me that the Rugby Challenge game looks better and is the one I will be getting. The lack of any club mode also puts this game at a disadvantage, its ashame that there was not only one game with all the features/ licenses as IMO the rugby gaming market is not big enough for 2 games.
tb1
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by tb1 »

Yes the Rugby Challenge game definitely looks the pick of the two in a pure gameplay sense, as well as that they have the licenses for the AP, Top14 and Cider Leagues so will probably be going for that one.

The RWC game seems a lazy cash in.
Duncan B
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Duncan B »

Yes it turns out the RWC game was a very lazy cash in, very disappointed with it and feeling like a mug for buying it against my better judgement! Ah well let us hope the other is better, anyone else played RWC?
RobGale

Post by RobGale »

Duncan B wrote:Yes it turns out the RWC game was a very lazy cash in, very disappointed with it and feeling like a mug for buying it against my better judgement! Ah well let us hope the other is better, anyone else played RWC?
I have and am also very underwhelmed by it. Just doesn't "feel" like rugby

Beating the AB's is so simple as they kick all possession away so you just kick back (unrealistically) deep into their 22. It's a joke

The whole game is way to easy generally. I put it straight on hard and played as England. I've played 1 Pacific tour and 2 WC's for a total of 17 games and my record is 13 wins, 3 defeats and 1 draw. 2 of the defeats and the draw came in my first 4 games

Luckily I only bought it as a "deposit" for rugby challenge as I didn't want to wait an extra 2 weeks (I know, impatient) so only a week or so more that I have to put up with it.

Having said all that it's still a great feeling winning the world cup with England :smt003
Mr Bean
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Mr Bean »

I bought it and am quite dissapointed. mainly with the squads I would have thought that you would be able to get updated squads but I cant work out how :/
also there isnt a variety of games but i suppose i should have expected that.
Oh well I've ordered jonah lomu's and a week till it arrives :smt003
Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Post by Hot_Charlie »

It's a bit disappointing, but I felt better when I found the website with the code to update the kits! :smt001 It's a shame they couldn't get the license for the NZRFU and Oz RFU, but they've been picked up by the Jonah Lomu developers it seems.

As for the squads, it's not ideal, but then to get the actual RWC squads would probably have meant a post RWC release! Took about 10 minutes to change the default England squad to the one actually going. :smt003
Mr Bean
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Mr Bean »

Just read that the release date is no longer this friday but now october 7th :smt010
Darc Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Darc Tiger »

If it means a more polished game, then so be it. I have heard it does suffer from some issues, especially in accuracy in the NH. At least the gamr is pretty much fully customisable.
dontlookdown

Post by dontlookdown »

Mr Bean wrote:Just read that the release date is no longer this friday but now october 7th :smt010
That makes me think it will be a better game as they've presumably compromised the world cup release date in order to finish it off better
7 years so far..
big john
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by big john »

As the game has been released in NZ and Oz i doubt there would be any more polish also i think the game was printed/burnt weeks ago.