Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Purebob
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Rugby Lions

Post by Purebob »

Replied MJC :)

Agreed most ofthe the RL fans have been excellent, just clueless :)

Very sporting and hospitable though :smt023
Butchers Hook
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by Butchers Hook »

Lions promoted back up to National 2, only dropping 3 TBP on the way to a clean sweep 26 wins. Aidie Hales (home grown) winger scored 41 trys! Beating Eddie Saunders club record of 39 in a season.
Well done Lions.
Look forward to some tougher opposition next season.
hooking_king

Post by hooking_king »

I am assuming the Back, Kiwi, Gollings partnership is still working well. Would be great to see Backy and Kiwi back in the Championship/Premiership...
Purebob
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Purebob »

Was a fine competition between South Leicester and DK on Saturday too in sometimes dreadful conditions. DK now face Rossendale in the playoff final next week at our place.

Didn't manage to bump into MJ Chairman unfortunately :( Had a great crack with a bunch of other SL fans though ! :smt023
MJ Chairman
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by MJ Chairman »

Purebob glad you enjoyed your trip to south shame we didn't meet up, but your team and supporters all excellent. It was interesting talking to some of your guys how they reckoned that South did them a favour by winning first game at your place, as it was a bit of a reality check.

Best, of luck against Rossendale make sure you do the Midlands proud. :smt023 :smt027
Butchers Hook
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by Butchers Hook »

Good luck in the playoff Purebob.
The Lions coaching setup appears to be working well. Whether it's all together again next season, (what with the off field financial problems of this season still going on) remains to be seen. We can only hope.
Step 1 of the 5 year plan complete!
My biggest problem could be in the future.
If Rugby Lions achieve their goal of premiership Rugby, who am i going to support then? Assuming Tiggeeerrrrs are still prem. :smt002
I don't think i'll have any problem deciding if/when the time comes, (i'm all stripy inside!) but would be interested to know what others would do in similar circumstances. Purebob? MJ Chairman? Anyone else?
Purebob
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Purebob »

It was interesting talking to some of your guys how they reckoned that South did them a favour by winning first game at your place, as it was a bit of a reality check.
Indubit-a-bubb-ly. Last season our boys did a clean sweep of Midlands 1 west, and came up to Nat Mids 3 with a mix of confidence and fear. if we'd played, say, Manchester or old Northamptonians first up this season it would have sent our entirely the wrong message to our boys.

As it is the physicality and skill of SL in their victory over us caused a serious rethink; more training and better drilling that served us well most of this season. SL were a quantum leap in quality and fitness over anybody we played in Nat mids 3.

I'm not sure our ambition and / or funding goes much beyond promotion but I'm very proud of our Dudley boys ! :)
Purebob
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Purebob »

For those interested DKRFC won an enthralling contest with Rossendale today 36-27.

DKs lineout not at the races, but our backs on fire at every opportunity.

Rossendale a fine team, just pipped at the post today.

So we'll be playing Rugby Lions next season :)
MJ Chairman
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by MJ Chairman »

Huge congrats to you and yours Purebob. :smt023
Saw you were down at half time with 4 tries from their forwards.
Your squad has the skills and fitness levels to survive at level 4.
You may end up not playing Rugby lions as there is a possibility that could be level transferred to Nat 2 south, but you will have some long away trips.
Would love to get over and see you next season will try and sort something out. :smt026

Ps I've cant find the Bournville Paviors score. Do you know it.
MJ Chairman
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by MJ Chairman »

Not to worry Bournville won so will be replacing you next season.
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

Leicester Lions will be a "local derby" in 2 north,they have some of the Tigers old players around,plus former Tigers accademy players,though next years squad could be different.
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
Purebob
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Purebob »

Many thanks MJC ! The old head is still spinning a bit - not used to lunchtime drinking these days - but a wonderful way to celebrate my son's 15th birthday :)

Thanks for the info about RL, interesting. I understand Stourbridge are also angling for Nt 2 south. Odd though because both teams are actually north of us...

Yes travel will be a real issue for us next season players AND fans. Only our two coaches Pete Knight and Jon Higgins are paid, everybody else has a full time job so whole-weekend away games will cripple us. Ah well. Some are fun :)

It would be my great pleasure to host you here at Heathbrook. Perhaps our summer sevens competition on 21st July where the drinking of fine ales in the sunshine is de rigeur ? :)

Perhaps your lads would like to enter for laffs ?

The very best of luck to South next season. you scared the daylights out of us this year.
MJ Chairman
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by MJ Chairman »

I also have a 15 year old. Does Purebob jnr play for your 15s.
Purebob
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Purebob »

Not at the moment MJC, he has dental braces that preclude him wearing a gumshield and Elfins Afety won't permit him to. Hopes to re-start next season when they're off.
MJ Chairman
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by MJ Chairman »

Yes we've gone through the train track brace thing as well but it is remarkable the results they can achieve these days.

Best of luck to jnr. :smt023