Heineken Cup Draw today

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

salcombe bob
Super User
Super User

Re: Heineken Cup Draw today

Post by salcombe bob »

surely we are without the best players during the first 2 rounds.
westwinds31
Super User
Super User

Post by westwinds31 »

Incredible that the ink on the draw is only a few hours old and already some people have written off our chances and laid into Cockerill.
BJ.
Super User
Super User

Post by BJ. »

Bill W (2) wrote:Tigers failed due to the inability of the coach to make use of the depth of the squad.
When in doubt, have a dig. Bill, please give it a rest.
Whatever you do, don't argue. We might never hear from you again.
RedHandTiger

Post by RedHandTiger »

Greetings from Ulster, looking forward to welcoming the Tigers to Ravenhill, though in truth would prefer to play you first up at Welford Road, then a home game against Clermont.We would be looking to win all our home games along with an away win to Aironi plus 2 losing BP at least, that would make 20 points and should be enough for a 2nd place finish. Early yet but for anyone planning to make the trip over check out http://www.uafc.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=922 for advice for visiting supporters, hope to see you soon........
maxy437
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by maxy437 »

As an Ulsterman of nationality and residence, the draw creates a bit of controversy in my house..going to having a few people not speaking to me the weekend of the Ravenhill match!

Looking forward to being in the Tigers end, Belfast assures a warm welcome!
Any help needed please PM me, happy to help. :smt023
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

BJ. wrote:
Bill W (2) wrote:Tigers failed due to the inability of the coach to make use of the depth of the squad.

I was not in doubt BJ.

You have other reasons for our failure?

Excuses maybe (N.Owens Esq. - Geordan and Deacs injuries).

But we failed to win at home to Perpignan due to the coaches unadaptable game plan and away at Leinster for the same reason. He had the troops available but failed to deploy them.

But do not let the facts get in the way of a good story or attack on me!

:smt028
Still keeping the faith!
tb1
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by tb1 »

Bill W (2) wrote:
BJ. wrote:

I was not in doubt BJ.

You have other reasons for our failure?

Excuses maybe (N.Owens Esq. - Geordan and Deacs injuries).

But we failed to win at home to Perpignan due to the coaches unadaptable game plan and away at Leinster for the same reason. He had the troops available but failed to deploy them.

But do not let the facts get in the way of a good story or attack on me!

:smt028
:smt005 :smt005 :smt005
BJ.
Super User
Super User

Post by BJ. »

Bill W (2) wrote:But do not let the facts get in the way of a good story or attack on me!
It's not an attack on you, Bill. It's a request for you to refrain from having your constant moan at the team selection and management strategy where and whenever you can: as I said, please give it a rest. Last season is over and done with and nobody on here knows what the new one will bring. People can speculate till the cows come home but please don't try to introduce this gripe into just about every thread on here. It only takes one sly comment and a thread goes off on yet another 'why isn't 12T playing' tangent or something very similar.
kingneptuneii
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by kingneptuneii »

The Sun (I know, I know!) seems to think that Sorries have obtained a good easy draw and have claimed they're favorites to go through.

one must imagine, in their infinite knowledge, they havent seen of much of Biarritz and Ospreys? personally, I think their group is a bit of a cow!!
Last edited by kingneptuneii on Wed Jun 08, 2011 9:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Never mind the ball, get on with the game!!
tb1
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by tb1 »

Very hard to know how good the Ospreys will be next year, quite a large squad turnover in the summer.

Biarritz will be as flaky as ever.
mike
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by mike »

I think comments concerning team development and strategy are the very thing that interests most people who browse and contribute to this forum . If we have underachieved as a Club it is only right that critical views and opinions are aired - nothing will ever change or get better if intelligent people keep quiet and pretend that all is fine when it patently is not .It is now 10 years since we last won the Heineken Cup - with our resources , support and supposed ambition that is serious underperformance . I expect our Director of Rugby and his Coaching team to explore every avenue to improve the situation and on the evidence of the past Season this is not happening . I wish that I had more confidence in them but I do not - with the players available we should have done much , much better .
Crumblies
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Crumblies »

Mike wrote:
I think comments concerning team development and strategy are the very thing that interests most people who browse and contribute to this forum . If we have underachieved as a Club it is only right that critical views and opinions are aired - nothing will ever change or get better if intelligent people keep quiet and pretend that all is fine when it patently is not .It is now 10 years since we last won the Heineken Cup - with our resources , support and supposed ambition that is serious underperformance . I expect our Director of Rugby and his Coaching team to explore every avenue to improve the situation and on the evidence of the past Season this is not happening . I wish that I had more confidence in them but I do not - with the players available we should have done much , much better .
Another excellent post. Hopefully the people that need to listen and take heed are listening.
BJ.
Super User
Super User

Post by BJ. »

mike wrote:I think comments concerning team development and strategy are the very thing that interests most people who browse and contribute to this forum.
True but why do they have to pervade into so many threads? As I mentioned earlier, it only takes one comment and then the pack, in an almost Pavlovesque style, all start to throw their oft-repeated twopennyworth in yet again. Is it asking too much to have a 'where did it all go wrong and this is how to fix it' thread and keep the comments concerning team development and strategy to it?
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

BJ. wrote:True but why do they have to pervade into so many threads? ?
Perhaps because they are all pervasive?

This thread is about the HC draw and the chances of different teams of winning as a result of it.
Still keeping the faith!
Bertos

Post by Bertos »

RedHandTiger wrote:Greetings from Ulster, looking forward to welcoming the Tigers to Ravenhill, though in truth would prefer to play you first up at Welford Road, then a home game against Clermont.We would be looking to win all our home games along with an away win to Aironi plus 2 losing BP at least, that would make 20 points and should be enough for a 2nd place finish. Early yet but for anyone planning to make the trip over check out http://www.uafc.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=922 for advice for visiting supporters, hope to see you soon........
Thanks for the advice RedHandTiger. You can be asured of a warm welcome if you head over to Welford Road.

I'm looking forward to a trip to Ravenhill this year as it is a ground I have never visited and I have never been to NI either. Looking forward to a tough match up with your boys and a long weekend in and around Belfast :smt023