So IS Kitchener coming or not?

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Re: So IS Kitchener coming or not?

Post by Bill W (2) »

Cagey Tiger wrote:Like it or not (and I do not), over the last few years and probably longer - I'm sure Bill W et al can go back further to confirm/deny - Tigers have always left official announcements about new signings well into the close season. Maybe they treat the Merc's announcements as keeping the fans up to date, and I have not known the Merc to get it wrong. Has anyone else?
I have not researched this but my feeling aligns with Smudge's. Although Tigers have always been reticent with announcements they were less so when Sam Rossiter-Stead was in charge of PR. The "leaks" through the Mercury do seem to have increased since he left also.
Still keeping the faith!
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

It is the same every year, nothing is officially announced until the new kit is ready to be moddled and the players have the time to be photographed and interviewed at Welford Rd.

I just hope;

a)the new home kit is better than the new away kit,

b)that they release the home kit a bit quicker than they did the away kit last year.
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

sam16111986 wrote:I just hope;

a)the new home kit is better than the new away kit,

b)that they release the home kit a bit quicker than they did the away kit last year.
Hope springs eternal.

The new home kit could hardly be worse than the "new" away kit (tempts prvodence)!

What? You want the new kit to be available before the start of the season? Don't be silly!!

Incidentally, the "new" kit is usually modelled by club stalwarts (Geordan, Deaks, Alex, Tom). Not new boys. New boys can be photgraphed in Club Mufti (Suits, blazers, training gear!)
Still keeping the faith!
crateman
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by crateman »

Try this article:

http://www.thisisleicestershire.co.uk/N ... story.html

Includes the statements:

"Young was one of three new Tigers signings on show at Northampton, the others being prop Kieran Brookes, also from Newcastle, and Worcester lock Graham Kitchener.

Tigers have also signed Sale's England centre Mathew Tait, although the club have yet to formally announce any of them."

Tigers' unofficial mouthpiece strikes again.
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

Incidentally, the "new" kit is usually modelled by club stalwarts (Geordan, Deaks, Alex, Tom). Not new boys. New boys can be photgraphed in Club Mufti (Suits, blazers, training gear!)
The new players still have to be there to model the affiliated clothing. Waldrom modelled some of the new 'leisure wear' which tied into the release of the new kit last year. I would imagine one of the new lads plus Tait will model the associated kit whilst club captain Murphy dons the playing strip in the advertisments.
BarmyBamford

Post by BarmyBamford »

YES