Dan Hipkiss

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

origamitiger

Dan Hipkiss

Post by origamitiger »

I'd just like to say good luck and bon voyage to Dan - an outstanding club player and a fantastic, intelligent, determined player to watch. I would have liked to see a lot more of him this season - especially last Saturday.
Smudge
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Dan Hipkiss

Post by Smudge »

Agreed. He is a top player and a top bloke. I still can't believe he is going or
how he has been ignored this season.
Good luck Danny.
A life long Tiger
jamiewilkinson

Post by jamiewilkinson »

Farewell and good luck (obviously not against us) Dan and thankyou for the memories.
man, i've missed you playing this year, great to watch with ball in hand
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

As well as a great bloke and a great player a great chef!!
Still keeping the faith!
Welford Tigress

Post by Welford Tigress »

All the best to both Danny and Joe Duffy, thanks boys for some great memories. :smt022
We will succeed, we cannot fail the only obstacle is doubt...
Was a great game, is still a great game, will always be a great game.
Duggan

Post by Duggan »

I'll never forget his try in the final last season. Cracking player and great bloke. Good luck for the future Dan.
Leicester, born, bred and proud of it.
TigerCam
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerCam »

Smudge wrote:Agreed. He is a top player and a top bloke. I still can't believe he is going or
how he has been ignored this season.
Good luck Danny.
If you upset RC than that is what you get - ignored despite the need to have a real 13 at Twickers!
Whoever said "one person cannot change the world' never ate undercooked bat
tigerlilly
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by tigerlilly »

Good Luck Dan, hope you have plenty of success in your future playing career, thank you for being a great club man during your time at Leicester Tigers.
Yelphere
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Yelphere »

When we release players of Dan's quality - you have to wonder
tig1
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by tig1 »

I havent really followed the Hipkiss 'story'. Has he been injured or has he just not been selected for the last few months ?
fatprop
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by fatprop »

does this go back to one thing not sure on his fitness never looked like his old self playing in the A league games this season looked slower than before but still had his leader ship around the park. will be missed though good look at Bath next season
scrambo
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by scrambo »

Im gonna miss Hipkiss. Not just because he's nice eye-candy (it helps) but because he is such a good player and a delight to watch his playing style.

It was lovely to see him supporting his team mates on saturday and have to the chance to see him in tigers colours one last time (even if it was on the sidelines)

Im disappointed he was not used in the 1st team and moved to the developing team as he is such a good player/

I wish him all the success for his future and will miss watching him play at tigers. :smt022
Better to live one year as a tiger, than a hundred as a sheep.
mol2
Super User
Super User

Post by mol2 »

How many neutrals would have chosen Matt Smith over Dan Hipkiss for outside centre in a major final?

That's not being unfair to Smith who is a steady player but is never really going to be an England player. Dan has broken into the England side on occasions and perhaps should have had more game time, although his performances in a poor England side were not outstanding enough to merit ongoing selection.

I can understand him leaving - he wants to play top level rugby and the rise of Manu has seen him drop down the pecking order at Tigers.
Purebob
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Purebob »

I'm now very glad that I was arsed to drag myself up to Heywood rd to see Tigers "A" lift the development plate. Shook Danny's hand, said thanks.

I think sometimes we forget that even coaches of huge sports team are human, and do not always take decisions based on cold evidence alone.

Danny has had injuries, but also clearly he has not gotten on our coaches top table or a long time either.

Danny will do well at Bath if they can keep him fit.

Even in that A league final at Sale Danny still showed that near superhuman ability to stay on his feet AND move forward when tackled by two, three players. He turns SLIGHTLY imperfect tackles in to one-man mauls making yards and drawing defenders.

And a nice lad to boot.

May the road rise with him except against Tigers :)