Well Cockers!!

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

g
Super User
Super User

Well Cockers!!

Post by g »

Your season of conservatism has backfired on you.

Time for the door.

And don't anyone say to me we finished top,Cockerills persistence to play the plodders and refusal to pick the flair players has truly come back to bite him.

It shows playing in a conservative way and sticking with the safe option when it comes to players he picks didn't work.
masopa
Silver Member
Silver Member

Re: Well Cockers!!

Post by masopa »

But didn't we play some of our most expansive rugby in the second half of the season under Cockers? Sometimes at the expense of our defence, but nevertheless...

Compared to the up-the-jumper stuff we saw today, it was in a different league. Have to say, not impressed with the tactics used today. And Cockers alluded to them before the match, but they were - plain and simple - wrong.
DaveRave
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by DaveRave »

Disapointing, but not necessarily suprising. That was in keeping with much of what I've seen this season, namely that when the forwards aren't dominating the backs are found slightly wanting in the pace and creativity stakes and the defence wobbles when our kicks downfield are returned with interest.
MurphysLaw
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by MurphysLaw »

Well what a surprise from the OP! Couldn't wait to stick the knife in. Well done!
kpb
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by kpb »

[quote="g"]Your season of conservatism has backfired on you.

Time for the door.

And don't anyone say to me we finished top,Cockerills persistence to play the plodders and refusal to pick the flair players has truly come back to bite him.

It shows playing in a conservative way and sticking with the safe option when it comes to players he picks didn't work.

Time for the door??

Didn't take long did it.

Get a grip!! We lost, it can happen in sport you know!!

But for gods sake don't start saying sack the Coach,i think everyone will agree that we played the best team available today,and Cockers has struggled all season with a huge injury list.

We just didn't wake up until the final 20 mins,and it cost us.I don't think anyone expected Sarries to play the way they did,as much as it PAINS me to say it they deserved their victory today.

BUT...........we did finish top of the table :smt002 :smt002
POSITIVE MENTAL ATTITUDE.
g
Super User
Super User

Post by g »

I have to say I never expected Tigers to win today. They failed twice against Saracens this season and apart from their game of the season ( against Saints) I never thought they would get the result today after looking at the teamsheet.

Maybe now if Cockerill is still in charge next season he does away with the conservatism and ditches the plodders.
g
Super User
Super User

Post by g »

And how many times this season have Tigers decided to wake up in the final 20 mins?

Don't they realise it's an 80 minute game.
gimme
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by gimme »

what total claptrap, what a great season, pipped at the post, why blame Cockers, why not blame Floody for missing kicks , blame, blame , blame,
WHY NOT congratulate Saracens for winning a :censored: tough game, what great defence at the end,

roll on next season, COME ON YOU TIGERS !
that`s me. gme. let your fingers do the walking
Roll on Christmas, let`s have some nuts
AND
(don`t forget Sheila`s bread pudding)
g
Super User
Super User

Post by g »

Yeah a really great season.Diddly squat won.
MurphysLaw
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by MurphysLaw »

[quote="g"]And how many times this season have Tigers decided to wake up in the final 20 mins?

Don't they realise it's an 80 minute game.[/quote]

Yes they do, hence them coming strong in the final 20!
Today, the Sarries defence was very strong when most other teams would've buckled; and unfortunately, Floody was wayward with two kickable pens.It is for the former, that Sarries deserved the win.
kpb
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by kpb »

g wrote:Yeah a really great season.Diddly squat won.

What would you rather g,fighting all the way for silverware,playing in Grand Finals,Quarter Finals, or a middle of the table team with :censored: all to play for??You would then be insisting on a new coach every season.

We lost,it happens,move on!!
POSITIVE MENTAL ATTITUDE.
g
Super User
Super User

Post by g »

Don't talk rubbish Tigers have not come good in the final 20 minutes this season.

They have lost numerous games on the fact that they only decided to wake up in the final 20 in which time it's been too late and they have lost.

They were never going to beat Saracens by playing for 20 minutes, maybe if they had decided to play from the first minute then they may have beaten them.
tigerinthestix
Tiger Cub

Post by tigerinthestix »

gimme wrote:what total claptrap, what a great season, pipped at the post, why blame Cockers, why not blame Floody for missing kicks , blame, blame , blame,
WHY NOT congratulate Saracens for winning a :censored: tough game, what great defence at the end,

roll on next season, COME ON YOU TIGERS !
Absolutely................ :smt027 :smt027 :smt027
gimme
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by gimme »

even more clap than trap

delete "g"

much nicer now
that`s me. gme. let your fingers do the walking
Roll on Christmas, let`s have some nuts
AND