TV Coverage of Aviva Final

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

crateman
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Re: TV Coverage of Aviva Final

Post by crateman »

If you have Virgin, but no ESPN, ring them and say that your not happy with the service/package (quote price, dodgy box and/or poor reception as reasons). Say that you are changing to something else so that you can get a better deal inc.ESPN and they will probably throw it in FOC.

I complained when I had a genuine grievance (and who doesn't), and now I get ESPN and lots of other stuff (mostly junk) at less than I was paying before!

You still have time, so ring them and get on the special "I'm going to leave virgin" number and you could get it for the game.

By the way, doesn't the existence of said number tell you everything you need to know?
BJ.
Super User
Super User

Post by BJ. »

zee wrote:Absolute disgrace that it has gone to ESPN, a channell (sic) which only customers are armchair football fans. Probably going to be a viewing audience less than at the game.
On what evidence do you base these sweeping statements?

When it was announced ESPN was going to cover the Premiership rugby, I subscribed to it and dropped Sky Movies. For an extra £1.50 a month, I now have access to a lot more rugby (not only from this country) plus a lot of American sports. Admittedly there is a fair amount of synchronised diving (sorry, football) on ESPN but that is easily avoided by the surreptitious use of either the off or channel change buttons.
Whatever you do, don't argue. We might never hear from you again.
tb1
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by tb1 »

zee wrote:Without wanting to start a new topic, please check with pubs that it will be shown. It is also the Football League 2 (4th division) play off final that day live on sky!!!

Absolute disgrace that it has gone to ESPN, a channell which only customers are armchair football fans. Probably going to be a viewing audience less than at the game.
Lol.
physiodan
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by physiodan »

Bill W (2) wrote:
Noggs wrote:I believe ESPN is now a part of the Disney empire so lots of lolly and unlikely to go t....s up :smt023
Quite right!

Disney own 80% of ESPN!

:smt023 :smt023 :smt023
If this is true do they get the Mickey Mouse cup for free?
Qbec
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Qbec »

I tell you something I'd far rather watch & listen to Rugby with ESPN than Sky any day & not have to listen to the "barrel" or that other noddy idiot pal of his on Sky.
Tigers The Home Of World Class Rugby

11th Premiership Rugby Champions 2022
Tigers27
Tiger Cub

Post by Tigers27 »

Confused what all this fuss is around ESPN?? It was clear from the start of the season they would be the best channel for Premiership rugby (2 games for every 1 shown on Sky), and it was also clear from the start of the season they would show the final. I personally believe their coverage has been excellent, and look forward to the same next season.
Simmo
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Simmo »

I've been looking for ways to save money since losing my job.....as ESPN seem to have shown a good number of Tigers games this season subscribing to ESPN instead of renewing my season ticket is looking favourable based on the news that I can't even watch the Final this season...... not that I agree with the playoff/final system anyway.
Simmo
tigerinthestix
Tiger Cub

Post by tigerinthestix »

bluntiger wrote:The great thing about ESPN showing the final is that they are showing it at 3pm!

Those 5.30pm Sky finals were killers to get home from especially if you do not live in West London. Getting to Twickenham from Cambs is a complete nightmare by public transport but getting home again with the other 70000+ actually put me off going altogether for the last two seasons but shall be there this year.

If you want a REAL nightmare, you ought to try living in Norfolk! :smt013
G.K
Super User
Super User

Post by G.K »

Now why would anyone want to do that :smt017
Nowadays referees decide matches, players by how much.