Are all fans whingers or just Stains?

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Purebob
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Are all fans whingers or just Stains?

Post by Purebob »

All fans are whingers, especially ours. There's not a week goes by without some arch bleating about reffing or selection or some such. Yeah the whines are more self righteous than usual by other fans this weekend, but we all do it including us.
Daveyboy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Daveyboy »

People who post on message boards are not representative of the majority.

I think many Saints supporters are looking forward to next weekend and trying to put Saturday's match behind them.
Today is yesterday's tomorrow.
BJ.
Super User
Super User

Post by BJ. »

"Are all fans whingers or just Stains?"

If these are the only two options I have, I think I'd rather be a whinger than a Stain.
Whatever you do, don't argue. We might never hear from you again.
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

BJ. wrote: I think I'd rather be a whinger than a Stain.
Hasn't this been set to music?

:smt034 :smt034 :smt034
Still keeping the faith!
colviletiger
Tiger Cub

Post by colviletiger »

Afraid we are top whingers as well:

Predictive top whinging topics after the final in 2 weeks:

IF WE LOOSE

1. Didn't matter about the result, we are true champions since we had top spot on the table.
2. Diabolical refereeing, missed forward passes, off sides, cheap shots, all of which were clear from the upper tier of the North Stand but not on the pitch.
3.We are really true English champions since Sarries are almost all South African, lets put a cap on foreign players
4. Rude Saracens fans
5. Should 12T started / not started
6. Noisy Kids waving flags
7. Excessive prices for Burgers and Pints

IF WE WIN

1. Rude Sarries Fans
2. Excessive prices for Burgers and Pints
3.12T to be knighted!!

Here's to a great couple of weeks of Rugby which hopefully will see Worcs back in the premiership, Saints being European Champions and Tigers taking the Premiership
Daveyboy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Daveyboy »

colviletiger - I like your style. :smt001
Today is yesterday's tomorrow.
Soggypitch
Super User
Super User

Post by Soggypitch »

I agree with you all in the sense that to a certain extent all fans are whingers and that's part of the fun!

However I agree with jgriffin about the excessive whinging (almost hysteria) by Saints fans over Manu.

Yes he should have been sent off, yes the ref assistant got it badly wrong, but none of that is the fault of Tigers. I'm sure even Cockers would have refrained from telling Manu to thump Ahston!

What happened was a red mist incident from a young player, playing in a highly pressurised match. He will be badly punished by missing the Final (and perhaps Churchill - though I hope not) and that's an end to it. The Saints are hardly saints themselves, Hartley has slightly curbed his aggressive tendencies but only after a lot of learning eg 6 months for gauging....

No I'm not embarrassed by the Manu punch, that's just rugby and the Saints fans should be big enough to accept it and admit they were completely out played on the day.

Now the behaviour of Cockers and O'Connor is a completely different matter.
If all the reports are correct (and there appear to now be too many to assume biased reporting from Ackford) then that does bring the Club into disrepute, and IMHO should be dealt with promptly by the Club before the RFU get involved.
Soggypitch
kpb
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by kpb »

I was discussing with the wife last week that we should take the kids to an away game next season and decided that we go to Franklin Gardens.

However after reading such awful comments from Saints 'fans' on the forum i have changed my mind,i wouldn't want to put my family in such an intimidating atmosphere,just in-case we are put next to the 'thugs' that were posting Saturday Evening.

Shame it has had to come to this. :smt018
POSITIVE MENTAL ATTITUDE.
murphy15
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by murphy15 »

colviletiger wrote:Afraid we are top whingers as well:

Predictive top whinging topics after the final in 2 weeks:

IF WE LOOSE

1. Didn't matter about the result, we are true champions since we had top spot on the table.
2. Diabolical refereeing, missed forward passes, off sides, cheap shots, all of which were clear from the upper tier of the North Stand but not on the pitch.
3.We are really true English champions since Sarries are almost all South African, lets put a cap on foreign players
4. Rude Saracens fans
5. Should 12T started / not started
6. Noisy Kids waving flags
7. Excessive prices for Burgers and Pints

IF WE WIN

1. Rude Sarries Fans
2. Excessive prices for Burgers and Pints
3.12T to be knighted!!

Here's to a great couple of weeks of Rugby which hopefully will see Worcs back in the premiership, Saints being European Champions and Tigers taking the Premiership

I've got another one - "There were some young people STANDING UP at exciting moments / using naughty words / enjoying themselves at the match yesterday..."
Ka mate, ka mate! Ka ora! ka ora!
Ka mate! Ka mate! Ka ora! Ka ora!
Tçnei te tangata pûhuruhuru
Nâna nei i tiki mai whakawhiti te râ
A upa ... ne! ka upa ... ne!
A upane kaupane whiti te ra!
parkerd68
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by parkerd68 »

I'm guessing we can all be whingers about some things.

However, my question would be, do any of our fans go on opposing club sites and use the LANGUAGE that was used by some Saints fans?

There's banter and there's unnecessary abuse. I would very much like to think that those who posted over the weekend with the latter are in the minority.
colviletiger
Tiger Cub

Post by colviletiger »

Yes appartently their is a particular unsavourable "tigers" fan on their forum who posted some drivvle, but like us, the majority of their fans are well mannered and good sports. There are bad apples amoungst us all, but lets not try and take the moral ground as usually it will backfire on us and all of a sudden we are "arogant"
CJ-Saint

Post by CJ-Saint »

Thugs??????????

Are you joking me??
Were not football fans! You dont get any thugs at the saints- you dont want to bring your kids to franklins because of them! Haha! I actually cant believe what i just heard.

Also if it was the other way round (Manu-Ashton) you would have all been moaning too, Yes we may have got carried away but if you had a passion for a team then you do get carried away especially at something like that!! and anyone would have been the same!

But good luck at Twickenham- i will be cheering you on. Dont want the south africans winning!
Purebob
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Purebob »

Hi CJ

This game was the most important in a while between us, and was also controversial. Its summoned up a lot of extreme responses on both sides.

I hope it calms down soon.

I for one have never had a bad day out at FG, and the Saints fans near me on Saturday were gutted but perfectly civil.

Your boys played like heroes. Step up and win the HC now !
CJ-Saint

Post by CJ-Saint »

It was very important to both teams, and you deserved the win even with all the controversy.

You finished top of the table and deserve to win it.

I just felt saying we were thugs was a bit to far. People just say things whens it heated especially in a passionate game like that. You would never get threatened or made to feel unsafe at any rugby groud especially Franklins Gardens. We do try and welcome our guests so that they want to come again and again (as most teams do). Friendly Banter is as far as it gets.

I do hope you change your minds.

Thank you very much. Good luck again on the 28th