Is the bashing we are getting deserved?

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

LeicScarlet

Re: Is the bashing we are getting deserved?

Post by LeicScarlet »

Toby Flood got his shot into Hartley and did it correctly, after taking three big hits in a row. Good stuff... well done Toby! Thats how to do it....

Manu, sorry chap, thats not how you do it...... in fact you almost came across as a complete "Nutter".

At the moment the Tigers are not being seen to win with "style"........ they are just "winning at all costs" - not earning respect is what it boils down to :smt023
A Stradey Scarlet in exile
"Ymlaen Llanelli" - The heart & soul of Welsh Rugby.
>>RWC2011 = Bryce Lawrence (Gone: Saffers v All Blacks) & Alain Rolland (Gone: Wales v All Blacks)<<
nottslad

Post by nottslad »

Fact> manu should of got a red
fact> he did not due to poor assistant ref not Barnes fault he said he did not see it
Fact> Cockerill does get carried away
Fact, cockerill probably had not seen it, but lets be honest, he is not gonna say, " oh yes Manu was bang out of order, we will ban him for 6 weeks it was disgusting!!"
fact> people hate winners, look at man utd, always winning things but nuetral fans hate them
Fact> 7 finals in a row breeds jealousy, lets be honest most experts & neutrals thought stains would win( i was one of them).

Do we deserve the bashing? only if the club does not address the issues. A club ban on Manu & a fine to Cockerill & O connor if the evidence is clear.
glass is half full
LeicScarlet

Post by LeicScarlet »

Its got nothing to do with "hating winners"...... it aint what you do its how you do it :smt003

Nigel Owens should have been ref...... he is good at taming Tigers :smt003
Last edited by LeicScarlet on Mon May 16, 2011 6:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A Stradey Scarlet in exile
"Ymlaen Llanelli" - The heart & soul of Welsh Rugby.
>>RWC2011 = Bryce Lawrence (Gone: Saffers v All Blacks) & Alain Rolland (Gone: Wales v All Blacks)<<
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

nottslad wrote:Fact> manu should of (sic) got a red
fact> he did not due to poor assistant ref not Barnes fault he said he did not see it
These are not facts they are opinions.
Still keeping the faith!
westwinds31
Super User
Super User

Post by westwinds31 »

I watched the ITV4 highlights last night. Excellent coverage, suitable dwelling and slow motion to he the extent of Manu's loss of discipline, then on with the game, followed by a former Saints legend (Bayfield) giving a true account of the game, Tigers deserved the win as they suffocated Northampton and didn't let them play.

With regard to respect, don't forget this is from a fans viewpoint. "Same old Leicester, always cheating" has rung out for years and will do for years to come. It's the price of success, but comes from opposition supporters. I think you'll find that the players who come up against Tigers have a different view...we are relentless, powerful, very difficult to play against and our passion and commitent is very hard to match. I don't particularly care if other fans haven't got respect for Tigers.
pogue3
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by pogue3 »

I think all this negativity about us is going to fire us up for the final. Cockerill will use this and what's been said in the last few weeks. Everyone was talking about Northampton and Saracens.
It annoys me and I'm sure it will be used positively by Tigers behind closed doors. All the focus is on Manu and it's sad really.
h's dad
Super User
Super User

Post by h's dad »

northamptontillidie wrote:
kpbates wrote:
fleabane wrote:Yes from me too!

Do u believe then we deserve to be called the 'biggest cheats in th northern hemisphere'(not my words but what i have read on planet rugby)
When incidents like what Neil Back did happen, yes.
Yes, every game Tigers have won since then have been down to Backie's "incident" - sheesh
I am neither clever enough to understand nor stupid enough to play this game
saintsarebest

Post by saintsarebest »

In a word yes!
I am an long time Rugby fan.
I enjoy GOOD rugby BUT Tigers are bringing the game into disrepute.
If you stick to the good rugby that you can play that would be ok.
Cockyrill and his henchmen deserve all that the RFU throw at them.
Tuilagi also WILL be banned as is deserved.
Tigers are the acrhitects bringing rugby down to the level of football.
Yes I am a Saints fan and yes would normally congratulate a team on a good fair win. BUT and its a big BUT such activities on display at your ground on Saturday have scarred the proud game and ALL at the club should hold thier heads in shame.
I REPEAT i ALWAYS will congratulate a team but on this occasion you have not done yourselves or the game any favours.
No doubt some stupid comments will come my way (which will prove my case) but as much as it greives to to say COME ON SARRIES.
Watch out Tigers you are heading for a big fall!!!!! yippeeeeeeeeeeee
Purebob
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Purebob »

Care to offer some examples to support your assertion that "Tigers are the acrhitects bringing rugby down to the level of football" Saintsarebest?

Also how you derive saints are best when were beaten.

Thanks.
h's dad
Super User
Super User

Post by h's dad »

DickyP wrote:I don't need to comment further on Manu's transgression and I suspect he'll get what he deserves. However, what did make me smile was other than the punch-up he had a pretty good game overall. In the Rugby Paper today he was given a 4 for his performance. Almost as if you lose marks for being a bad boy like in school, as opposed to being an objective scoring of performance.
"pretty good?" I thought he had an excellent game. If he's not in the final he will be sorely missed, especially as he always seems to raise Alex's game as well.

At least he didn't take a cheap shot at the back of someone's head who was on the ground at the time.
saintsarebest

Post by saintsarebest »

Purebob do I really need to expand!
Cockyrills touchline antics over a long period of time sum it up.
It comes from the top down.
Tuilagi made a mistake in the heat of the moment but not any TRUE rugby fan at WR can be proud of his actions. In any court in the land it would be assault.
Let's hope he gets what he deserves. Ashston may have pushed him but that was all. Such a reaction as Tuilagis is not acceptable in today's rugby.
Saints may not have won the match but we have won fans that you have lost.
Play good rugby in the right spirit that what its about.
h's dad
Super User
Super User

Post by h's dad »

saintsarebest wrote:Purebob do I really need to expand!
It comes from the top down.
Tuilagi made a mistake in the heat of the moment but not any TRUE rugby fan at WR can be proud of his actions. In any court in the land it would be assault.
Let's hope he gets what he deserves. Ashston may have pushed him but that was all. Such a reaction as Tuilagis is not acceptable in today's rugby.
Saints may not have won the match but we have won fans that you have lost.
Play good rugby in the right spirit that what its about.
Oh saintsare4thbest what you have written is so one eyed and why are you bothering when most Tigers fans are agreeing with your carefully selected points?

But just a push? Manu clearly reacted but the provocation was equally clearly there.
saintsarebest wrote:Play good rugby in the right spirit that what its about.
If Saints had turned up with that sentiment as any part of their game plan a lot of what did happen that was regrettable wouldn't have happened.
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

saintsarebest wrote:Tigers are the acrhitects bringing rugby down to the level of football.
I agree and accept most of your points to be fair, but the above? People in glasshouses......Did Ben Foden recently receive a Police caution (criminal record?) for his footballer-esque antics? Up until that point I couldn't disagree, apart from adjusting your comment from Manu WILL be banned to Manu SHOULD be banned, unless of course you have insider information or officials in your pocket.

Most of us agree about the Manu incident, you are preaching to the choir.
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.
adamv6
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by adamv6 »

Manu, sorry chap, thats not how you do it...... in fact you almost came across as a complete "Nutter".
LeicScarlet, I have to disagree. I think you will find that a left, left then right combo is classed as he was doing a thorough job. :smt023
JGriffin - "The outright winner was the ref who blew himself inside out."
http://incoherenttwaddle.blogspot.com/
Purebob
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Purebob »

Purebob do I really need to expand!
Can you list some specific examples please ?

I have been a Tigers fan for more than 30 years and I have not seen any action by any of our players or staff that deserves that
ALL at the club should hold thier heads in shame.
Our coaches are reported as being foul mouthed and disrespectful during some matches. I could name plenty of supporters and staff of many teams who show similar traits sometimes. I am not sure how this means that myself and all the representatives and fans of Leicester Tigers should "hold our heads in shame".

If the coaches are found guilty of rulebreaking they should be punished. Manu's actions look to be worth a ban. The citing officer will look today.

Can't help but think its a bit harsh for you to consider that everyone associated with the most successful club of the modern era, backbone of the England squad should be ASHAMED of everything we are because of this.