Any chance of a gracious saints fan

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

parkerd68
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Any chance of a gracious saints fan

Post by parkerd68 »

After all the toings and froings, are there any saints fans out there willing to admit that the best team on the day won?
Last edited by parkerd68 on Sun May 15, 2011 10:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
jamiewilkinson

Re: Any chance of gracious saints fan

Post by jamiewilkinson »

judging by their forum i would say a very very small percentage
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

parkerd68 wrote:After all the toings and froings, are there any saints fans out there willing to admit that the best team on the day won?
Mr. Mallinder?

Yes I am sure there are lots indeed likely the vast majority.

Alas mainly trolls seem to bother to visit us though.

Not altogether surprising.

They do their club a disservice.

:smt023
Still keeping the faith!
englandfatboy

Post by englandfatboy »

Hi Tigers fans, just so I can eat humble pie and feel better about myself I just wanted to congratulate you on winning today. The first half could have gone either way and in the second half in all honesty ya boys did a good job and pinned back their ears and put us in our half for pretty much 38 minutes !!!

its a tough, physical big boys game and I'm sure as heck we gave as good as we got, ya got the result, the best team on the day won.... now go and win the title ouright !!! you were top after all !!! And the only thing worse that losing to tigers is seeing sarries win it !!! Seriously good luck... i will be the odd one in the upper stand in a saints shirt screaming my heart out for tigers..... go get em... :smt002 .

ps: made to feel very welcome by every tigers fan I met today, thank you....
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

englandfatboy wrote:Hi Tigers fans, just so I can eat humble pie and feel better about myself I just wanted to congratulate you on winning today. The first half could have gone either way and in the second half in all honesty ya boys did a good job and pinned back their ears and put us in our half for pretty much 38 minutes !!!

its a tough, physical big boys game and I'm sure as heck we gave as good as we got, ya got the result, the best team on the day won.... now go and win the title ouright !!! you were top after all !!! And the only thing worse that losing to tigers is seeing sarries win it !!! Seriously good luck... i will be the odd one in the upper stand in a saints shirt screaming my heart out for tigers..... go get em... :smt002 .

ps: made to feel very welcome by every tigers fan I met today, thank you....
You will be welcome next season also.

Now go and beat Leinster!

:smt023 :smt023 :smt023
Still keeping the faith!
Soggypitch
Super User
Super User

Post by Soggypitch »

Well said englandfatboy. Saints played well but were well beaten on the day by a very disciplined Tigers performance.
Obviously Manu should have gone, but that's rugby and a moment of red mist is eminently forgiveable. After all I'm sure the Saints fans have forgiven Hartley for his eye gauging (6 month ban), he was a serial offender who is calming down/growing up quickly. Manu will no doubt be banned but will learn I'm sure - please don't vilify him for one moment of madness!

I'm far more concerned about the Ackford alleged behaviour of our coaching team, dealt with on another thread.
Soggypitch
Tiger_in_Birmingham
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Tiger_in_Birmingham »

parkerd68 wrote:After all the toings and froings, are there any saints fans out there willing to admit that the best team on the day won?
plenty at the ground!

the only ones who are sore are the armchair fans, the keyboard warriors and those who've had a skinful and now want to :censored: and moan
TTRITH
Super User
Super User

Post by TTRITH »

A lovely women in the Cat stand today took it with good grace.
Richard Burnett
:axe: :smt100
Northenlad

Post by Northenlad »

Had a great evening with some gracious Saints fans after the game - proper rugby - proper East Midlands Derby - proper rugby fans enjoying the banter afterwards!
If winning isn't everything, why do they bother keeping score?
Purebob
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Purebob »

Concur, I was surrounded by Saints fans in the Cat, gracious, passionate and good skins to a man ( and woman). The only "out of all proportion" responses I have seen have been online, mostly from people who saw the game on telly and were pumped up by Stuart Barnes' hysterical commentary.
gracioussaintsfan

Post by gracioussaintsfan »

Leicester played the better rugby and deserved the win. I'll admit being less than 'gracious' when I saw the Tuilagi-Ashton episode on TV later but I calmed down again pretty soon. I travelled over with a Tigers-supporting friend, and we both knew that one of us would enjoy the trip home more than the other, but it was a great game, the first half was some of the most intense sport I have seen in a long time (22.11.03?)

Saints have played some great Rugby this season, and I still hope we've got 80mins left, but the big difference has been strength in depth (specifically that we don't have any!). It has cost us a home Semi and meant that we're going in to games like yesterday knowing that the 15 who start have almost certainly got to do it all themselves. Saints absorbed a lot of pressure in the first half, but as the second half wore on it was clear to me that it would take something against the run of play for us to get close to your line, and that even if we did it would be a big ask for the defence to hold out.

Congratulations & good luck in the final. See you again next season.
Noggs
Super User
Super User

Post by Noggs »

I was at the first game of the season at Saints when they were very definately the best team on the day. Yesterday it was the Tigers turn and any fair minded observer (which most true followers of the game are) whould have to say that again the best team won.

Good luck to the Saints in the HC final :smt023
Life can be unpredictable, so eat your pudding first!
BJ.
Super User
Super User

Post by BJ. »

Purebob wrote:... I was surrounded by Saints fans in the Cat ...
So were we. These Saints' supporters were in seats that have been occupied all season by Tigers' ST holders.

I want to know where these Tigers' supporters were yesterday.
Whatever you do, don't argue. We might never hear from you again.
kpb
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by kpb »

I think a lot of people still find it hard to get there heads around the playoffs.

Even if it was Saints who were the visitors.
POSITIVE MENTAL ATTITUDE.
tb1
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Any chance of a gracious saints fan

Post by tb1 »

Sad indeed that all those play-off detractors missed the best game and atmosphere of the season.

Oh well.
:smt006