Cockers & Oconnor behaviour

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Re: Cockers & Oconnor behaviour

Post by Bill W (2) »

Tigerbeat wrote:But does that make it a crime so bad that it needs to be punished?
In the eyes of Ackford, Barnwell, Mallinder and West, - YES.

It would appear in the eyes of Campsall and Morrison - NO.

And so?

:smt017 :smt017 :smt017
Still keeping the faith!
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

Old Hob wrote:Now Mallinder is stirring the pot again:

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/18052011/ ... -cool.html
I like Mallinder as a coach but, even accepting that the media have gone to him, probably in an effort to prolong the affair and keep the headlines in the news, I really do think he'd be better off letting it lie.

"To me it's about the clear directions I can give my players and also the people giving messages onto the field. That is how I go about my business."

Through a programme of coaching, and therefore condoning, cheap, nasty, sly, underhand hits aimed at triggering a reaction from your opponents and sitting back smugly as your plan is put into operation maybe? By adopting a style of game play that you would criticise others for? Having your players try the rough/dirty stuff then play the victim when they don't succeed? (I'm NOT referring to Manu/Ashton incident there!!) Or were the players acting independently of your match instructions JM?

All teams/players/coaches do it, try to find the weaknesses in the other team, just don't bleat about it when it backfires on you.
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.
mightymouse
Super User
Super User

Post by mightymouse »

How about this for a new sensational headline:

"Ex Plod Journo Fabricates Evidence".............shock horror .. whatever next?

Cockers was fairly adament in his Mercury interview that he did not use a "tirade of foul and abusive language" - the strongest word he used was ":censored:" and Mr. Campsell seemed completely at ease with their exchange.

The only people who appear to have been intimidated are a bunch of Journalists who are ex players from other clubs who would tell lies about their own Granny if it meant Liecester Tigers did not win anymore so that their sad little teams could have a chance.

Perhaps Cockers can expect an apology on the back page by the one time boy in blue ..................don't hold your breath Cockers .. just mind your back for the next knife that will be sunk in if you ever make any kind of error. The old truncheon will really being polished up now that you have shown that several porkies have been printed by the terminally jealous.
voice of the crumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by voice of the crumbie »

mightymouse wrote:How about this for a new sensational headline:

"Ex Plod Journo Fabricates Evidence".............shock horror .. whatever next?

Cockers was fairly adament in his Mercury interview that he did not use a "tirade of foul and abusive language" - the strongest word he used was ":censored:" and Mr. Campsell seemed completely at ease with their exchange.

The only people who appear to have been intimidated are a bunch of Journalists who are ex players from other clubs who would tell lies about their own Granny if it meant Liecester Tigers did not win anymore so that their sad little teams could have a chance.

Perhaps Cockers can expect an apology on the back page by the one time boy in blue ..................don't hold your breath Cockers .. just mind your back for the next knife that will be sunk in if you ever make any kind of error. The old truncheon will really being polished up now that you have shown that several porkies have been printed by the terminally jealous.
Perhaps said journalist is still dazed and confused from the after effects of his altercation with Mr Mendes.
Tigers for the premiership and European Cup. Get behind the team and make some noise!!
Bertos

Post by Bertos »

It says in the Telegraph that Cockerill will find out today whether he is the subject of a displinary hearing, so we'll know soon if there have been any formal accusations. Link here:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/rugbyu ... emain.html

The bit on Cockerill starts about half way down.
kpb
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by kpb »

Bertos wrote:It says in the Telegraph that Cockerill will find out today whether he is the subject of a displinary hearing, so we'll know soon if there have been any formal accusations. Link here:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/rugbyu ... emain.html

The bit on Cockerill starts about half way down.

Haven't heard or seen anything yet today.Has anyone else?? :smt017
POSITIVE MENTAL ATTITUDE.
Jay C
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Jay C »

All quiet yesterday, so no citing for Cockers ?

Over to you P.Ackford ........