Post by scuff »

we were up in arms when venter did same

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/rugbyu ... eport.html
Tiger_in_Birmingham
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: cockers oconner behaviour

Post by Tiger_in_Birmingham »

Cockers got in trouble for this last season, and was picked up on the radio too earlier this season, I suspect he will be getting a big fine/stadium ban
Darc Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Darc Tiger »

Time for a separate spot for coaches?

It is a bit disappointing.
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

Darc Tiger wrote:Time for a separate spot for coaches?

It is a bit disappointing.
Put them in the dugout IMO.
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.
northamptontillidie

cokerill conduct

Post by northamptontillidie »

interesting article here
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/rugbyu ... com/forum/#

The real story of what should have been one of the showpiece occasions of the domestic rugby calendar was the disgraceful behaviour of Richard Cockerill, Leicester’s director of rugby, and fellow coach Matt O'Connor as they ranted throughout the game in a foul-mouthed attempt to intimidate Brian Campsall, who was assessing match referee Wayne Barnes.
I have covered this sport for the past 15 years and I have never heard or seen anything like it. In the second period especially, at any break in play, or at any decision given against Leicester, either Cockerill or O’Connor, sometimes both, would jump to their feet, red-faced, to gesticulate and swear at Campsall, who was sitting six seats away from them in the box reserved for coaches, various rugby officials and Leicester guests.
England manager Martin Johnson and fellow coaches John Wells and Graham Rowntree were also in the box close to Campsall. It would be interesting to know what they thought of the behaviour of Cockerill, a colleague of theirs in their playing days.

It is difficult to do justice to the regularity and vehemence of the intimidation. “Again, it’s not :censored: good enough,” Cockerill yelled at Campsall at one point, after an incident which attracted his displeasure.
If the words themselves seem tame you have to picture them coming at full volume, again and again and again, accompanied by aggressive gestures. O’Connor was no better. At one point his face turned so purple I though his head might explode.
The point about all this is that it takes place in what is effectively a public area in the stand. Cockerill sits next to the supporters. There is no fence or barrier to separate him from spectators who pay to watch the game, and they simply should not have to put up with foul-mouthed tirades which bring shame on the sport and on Leicester, the premier club in the country after all.
This is not the first time it has happened at Leicester either. Last season Cockerill and Brendan Venter, then director of Saracens, were both accused of discourteous conduct. At the time Premier Rugby said the solution was to ensure that the coaching areas were cordoned off from the public and that there could be no chance of directors of rugby or their assistants coming into contact with referees’ assessors. But, as ever in rugby, nothing has happened.
“I’ll have to report this to Ed Griffiths [the Rugby Football Union’s head of elite referees],” Campsall said afterwards. “We had a similar situation last season.”
It is also instructive to note that the one major decision the officials got wrong went Leicester’s way. Manu Tuilagi, who had a fine match and increasingly looks a candidate for serious World Cup consideration, and Chris Ashton were both yellow-carded after 32 minutes when touch judge Robin Goodliffe told referee Barnes that both had exchanged punches.
In fact, Tuilagi was the aggressor, checking Ashton off the ball as the wing attempted to track a quickly-taken tap penalty, and following it up with two jabs and a swinging right hand to Ashton’s left eyebrow when Ashton remonstrated.
Had the officials seen the whole incident in context, Tuilagi would have been sent off and Ashton reprimanded. It is highly likely that Tuilagi will be cited when the match tape is examined properly and will miss the Premiership final in two weeks’ time against the winner of today’s semi-final between Saracens and Gloucester.
And Northampton? They were clearly exhausted at the end. Both second rows went down with cramp and it will take a lot to get the players fit and ready to confront Leinster in the Heineken Cup final.
Their big problem was that the forwards failed to get under Leicester’s skin, despite an opening quarter in which they launched a series of late tackles on Toby Flood and Scott Hamilton in an attempt to unsettle them. There were the odd occasions when sleight of hand by Ashton and Ben Foden nearly led to openings, but Northampton lacked sustained control to do real damage to Leicester.
Cockerill was less than contrite in the press conference afterwards. Was it appropriate to swear and intimidate Campsall all afternoon, he was asked. “Probably not. No.” What are you going to do about it? “Probably not do it again."
TigerAlex
Silver Member
Silver Member

Re: Cockers & Oconnor behaviour

Post by TigerAlex »

I do dislike hypocrites. Very disappointing.
boon

Post by boon »

maybe cockerill and manu will keep each other company with some beer and pizza to watch the gp final? :smt016
if you are happy and you know it, you are unusual.
Tiger_in_Birmingham
Gold Member
Gold Member

boon wrote:maybe cockerill and manu will keep each other company with some beer and pizza to watch the gp final? :smt016
I didn't realise they played for Wasps and ordered pizza before a decision had been made :smt002
PM76
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by PM76 »

Disappointing from both of them. I really hope they are not banned for the final but it would teach them a lesson. It's not the first time Cockers has been critical of refereeing this season either e.g. Perpignan and Leinster although I thought Barnes did do well today, not the TJ however.
boon

Post by boon »

:smt038

fair enough, tiger_in_brum. just speculating. :smt006
if you are happy and you know it, you are unusual.
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

And throughout Mallinder was silent?

:smt017
Still keeping the faith!
Tiger_in_Birmingham
Gold Member
Gold Member

Bill W (2) wrote:And throughout Mallinder was silent?

:smt017
pretty much - Nobby was a bit more animated but Mallinder kept his rage on the inside
kpb
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by kpb »

Should add a little more spice ready for when we next meet.

A very passionate game for players,coaches and supporters(and my wife!!!)

Are we the most unpopular team in the premiership now :smt003

Jealousy is the word that springs to mind.

We finally got the fire back in our belly's and played with true Tiger grit.

WR, returning back to the fortress we know and love.

KEEP IT UP TIGERS!!! :smt041
POSITIVE MENTAL ATTITUDE.
Darc Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Darc Tiger »

I like that nobody likes us again. :smt003
kpb
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by kpb »

Darc Tiger wrote:I like that nobody likes us again. :smt003
So do i,back to the really unpopular days(the good old days!!)
POSITIVE MENTAL ATTITUDE.