Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Tiger_in_Birmingham
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Will it be 12T or Hippo then?

Post by Tiger_in_Birmingham »

Bill W (2) wrote:
Tiger_in_Birmingham wrote:
sctiger wrote:If Matt is fit then it will most likely be Smith and Allen with Agulla on the wing.
who would you put on the bench to cover outside centre, wing and fullback?

I guess it would be Hippo with others shuffling to make room
Nah! 12T!!

Cockers choose Hippo?

:smt005 :smt005 :smt005
Cockers choose 12T

:smt005 :smt005 :smt005
POSTIGER
Super User
Super User

Post by POSTIGER »

I've always rated Danny Hipkiss but I think it's a sad state of affairs if Cockers picks a guy who has a maximum 80 minutes of his Tigers career over a guy who could (and should) be a big player for Leicester for years to come.

IMHO I think he'll go Billy if it's Glaws and Hippo if it's Sarries. If he doesn't pick Billy then at least it'd be a great send off for Dan.

This is all assuming that Matt Smith doesn't make it of course although I prefer to see him on the wing - he's not a great centre IMO.
I saw Marika Vunibaka play
POSTIGER
Super User
Super User

Post by POSTIGER »

I've always rated Danny Hipkiss but I think it's a sad state of affairs if Cockers picks a guy who has a maximum 80 minutes of his Tigers career over a guy who could (and should) be a big player for Leicester for years to come.

IMHO I think he'll go Billy if it's Glaws and Hippo if it's Sarries. If he doesn't pick Billy then at least it'd be a great send off for Dan.

This is all assuming that Matt Smith doesn't make it of course although I prefer to see him on the wing - he's not a great centre IMO.
I saw Marika Vunibaka play
TTRITH
Super User
Super User

Post by TTRITH »

15. Scott Hamilton
14. Horacio Agulla
13. Anthony Allen
12. Billy Twelvetrees
11. Alesana Tuilagi

22. Jeremy Staunton
23. Matt Smith

IMHO, Thats who I'd go with.
Richard Burnett
:axe: :smt100
Soggypitch
Super User
Super User

Post by Soggypitch »

If Danny is fully fit and raring to go then I'd pick him at 13. It's his normal position, whereas Billy has played 10 or 12 all season.

Billy would be a great asset on the bench - where incidentally there may be quite a lot of space if Brian Campsall makes a formal complaint to the RFU about our coaches alleged behaviour.....
Soggypitch
fatprop
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by fatprop »

it has to be 12t's, just in case we need kicker with better than yesterdays 25% 1 kick from 4 not good enough! :smt011
Tigerbob
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Tigerbob »

fatprop wrote:it has to be 12t's, just in case we need kicker with better than yesterdays 25% 1 kick from 4 not good enough! :smt011
How did we win yesterday 11-3 with one unconverted try if Toby only managed one kick then? :smt017

The TWO he missed were tricky ones, one from the far left after Alex's try, and one from the half-way ling in a swirling wind!

Give the guy a break!
caecilius

Post by caecilius »

It should and will (assuming all are fit) be:

15 Hamilton
14 Agulla
13 Smith
12 Allen
11 A Tuilagi
10 Flood

22 Staunton
23 Twelvetrees

Smith clearly isn't everyones (anyones!?) first choice 13 but he is quick, disciplined, strong defensively and has proven experience of playing well (and scoring) in a Twickenham final. :smt023
tb1
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by tb1 »

caecilius wrote:It should and will (assuming all are fit) be:

15 Hamilton
14 Agulla
13 Smith
12 Allen
11 A Tuilagi
10 Flood

22 Staunton
23 Twelvetrees

Smith clearly isn't everyones (anyones!?) first choice 13 but he is quick, disciplined, strong defensively and has proven experience of playing well (and scoring) in a Twickenham final. :smt023
This seems the obvious choice if Matts hamstring is ok.
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

Tigerbob wrote:
fatprop wrote:it has to be 12t's, just in case we need kicker with better than yesterdays 25% 1 kick from 4 not good enough! :smt011
How did we win yesterday 11-3 with one unconverted try if Toby only managed one kick then? :smt017

The TWO he missed were tricky ones, one from the far left after Alex's try, and one from the half-way ling in a swirling wind!

Give the guy a break!
I thought Toby missed THREE kicks yesterday, from FIVE attempts, so 40% success? 2 Pens (1 first half one second half) and one conversion - that bent in such a way it actually looked to me like he was taking the swirling wind into consideration and didn't get lucky. The Pen miss in the first half was the more 'unforgiveable' miss with the wind at his back and was the easier kick IMO.
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.
tonyw

Post by tonyw »

POSTIGER wrote:I've always rated Danny Hipkiss but I think it's a sad state of affairs if Cockers picks a guy who has a maximum 80 minutes of his Tigers career over a guy who could (and should) be a big player for Leicester for years to come.

12trees will not be here for years to come if Cockers is still there, he simply is not his cup of tea which is a shame because without him covering for Flood and Staunton when they were injured we would probably not have been in the playoffs.
Old Hob
Super User
Super User

Post by Old Hob »

"Hippo on Park. 12T on bench" said Bill. The opposite says I - and leave everything else as is.
Omnia dicta fortiora si dicta Latina
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

Old Hob wrote:"Hippo on Park. 12T on bench" said Bill. The opposite says I - and leave everything else as is.
But what will Cockers say?

:smt017
Still keeping the faith!
Alatoruk

Post by Alatoruk »

Isn't it nice to be in a position where we have so many good centers to choose from. Perhaps we should be greatful for this glut of talent rather than moaning about whether our 'favourite' will be picked.

Isn't it also nice to be in a position to have to choose for the next game. 10 other teams are already planning their holidays.
drew

Post by drew »

tonyw wrote:
POSTIGER wrote:I've always rated Danny Hipkiss but I think it's a sad state of affairs if Cockers picks a guy who has a maximum 80 minutes of his Tigers career over a guy who could (and should) be a big player for Leicester for years to come.

12trees will not be here for years to come if Cockers is still there, he simply is not his cup of tea which is a shame because without him covering for Flood and Staunton when they were injured we would probably not have been in the playoffs.
I agree, before Christmas 12T was holding the fort!
I'd like to see him start but on the bench would be good as he can cover 10,12 and 13