Semi tickets on ST cards

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

kingol22
Super User
Super User

Semi tickets on ST cards

Post by kingol22 »

Got to the ground with about 15 mins to spare today after being told when purchasing my ticket that it would be loaded onto my card. Get to the turnstile and the ticket doesnt work so get told to go and que for 10 minutes for the ticket office where they had my ticket printed and waiting. Was just wondering whether anyone else had the same problems.
Tigersfan90
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Semi tickets on ST cards

Post by Tigersfan90 »

Happened to us today! Always cautious about it happening as well! I was told when booking they would be loaded on to our cards and only found out when picking up a friends ticket, our seats were on tickets too! Slightly annoying!!
Guinness Premiership Champions & Heineken Cup Finalists 2009
Tigers never give up !
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

I was told it would be loaded onto my ST. Arrived 2 hours before KO (terrace wallah). It was on my ST. No problems - well done TIgers ticket office.
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.
Tiger_in_Birmingham
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Tiger_in_Birmingham »

WhitecapTiger wrote:I was told it would be loaded onto my ST. Arrived 2 hours before KO (terrace wallah). It was on my ST. No problems - well done TIgers ticket office.
Mine worked fine too.

Dad received his as a paper ticket - we assumed this is because his card is full adult but he has since become a senior and the ticket for the game today was automatically charges as a senior's ticket on the online ordering system
tigers fan
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by tigers fan »

I was told when ordering my ticket it had been loaded on to my season ticket (Wrong) I got to the turnstile and the girl said just a minute it has turned red can't let you in. Had to go to the ticket office when I saw the queue I was not a happy bunny but it moved very quick they had all the ticket windows open. They had printed my ticket off . By the time I came out of the ticket office there was a massive queue.
ian23
Tiger Cub

Post by ian23 »

And there was I, seeing the title of this thread, thinking it would be a demand from our fans to include this game in our ST entitlement such is the regularity with which we reach this stage of the season.

Commiserations to those who had problems to day, but I have yet to find an infallible IT system.
Daveyboy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Daveyboy »

An identical thing happened to us.

I purchased two match tickets over the phone on 27th April. We were told that our tickets had been loaded onto our season ticket cards and immediately received a text message to confirm just that.

Both season tickets triggered a red light at the turnstile and we were sent off to the ticket office where they printed tickets out for us. Showing the text message on my phone cut no ice with the steward. We arrived at the ground at 2.45pm but were unable to take our seats until 3.14pm due to this delay.

At the risk of sounding like "Outraged of Tunbridge Wells" this was, frankly, not good enough.
Today is yesterday's tomorrow.
sctiger

Post by sctiger »

Mine didn't work either, but when booking my semi ticket a week ago, they printed a ticket instead of loading it on for some reason. Then at the irish game my season ticket wouldn't let me go in so i had to queue and get a paper ticket for my seat. I handed in my season ticket and was told I would be sent it in the post. I was phoned and told to collect my ST before the match from the ticket office. I went and got my season ticket before the match, and they told me to retain the paper ticket. Good job they did, as the ST flashed red at the turnstile.
kingol22
Super User
Super User

Post by kingol22 »

Seems like quite a few people had the same problem. Maybe in future tickets for semis should just be put on paper to avoid the hassle.
Yorkshire

Post by Yorkshire »

I bought 4 tickets over the phone, and paid for them together.

When we got to the turnstile today, two of us got in and two of us were told to join the 100 yard long queue for the ticket office. My protests were ignored, even though the lads on the stiles said this had been happening all afternoon.

When you have driven over 100 miles to see the game, and paid well in advance, you are not overly impressed when you are told you can't come in.

It's not acceptable.
Yelphere
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Yelphere »

Ticketing a shambles on this occasion.