Manu

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

roman

Manu

Post by roman »

Absolutely disgraceful attack on Chris Ashton. Seems Leicester always get the decisions at Welford Road.
northamptontillidie

Re: Manu

Post by northamptontillidie »

well done tigers you've made it to the final...

completely wrong!! you got all decisions your way and how manu is still on the pitch i just don't understand. how can stuart barnes be able to call it a red without seeing a replay from his commentary box and yet the linesman sees it as two yellows.

and you got all 50-50 decisions your way. so well done. you played well in the second half but ultimately there is no way you'd have won with 14 men given how close the teams were in the 1st half. enjoy the final. come on gloucester.
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

I'm sure we can deal with any others,seems we are still the best in the East Midlands.
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
roman

Post by roman »

Seems like the Tigers are pretty handy at boxing as well as the Rugby. Deserved winners, however,you should have been down to 14 men. Poor officiating helped you today.
Darc Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Darc Tiger »

Just want to echo my sentiments on the match thread:

Manu's only defence is that was totally out of character. Terrible decision. He must learn from this. I expect him to miss the final for sure. It's up to Johnno to judge his England credentials after that. Could have blown it all.

Nice to see him go over to Ashton after the whistle.
TE

Post by TE »

@ Darc Tiger
Thats whats so good about this game. all out war on the pitch but as soon as the whistle goes all is forgotten and best of mates, thats not condoning what Manu did he should have got a red, but he didnt, best of luck to saints next week.
Qbec
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Qbec »

I am proud of my team yes not too happy with some things in the game but what you have to remember is a young lad reacted badly, But he is only young & I'm sure you weren't such an angel at his age. As is shown by the name you picked to enter this forum.
But regardless of that the best team won with the score & the stats both show how much we were.
Tigers The Home Of World Class Rugby

11th Premiership Rugby Champions 2022
Gazza19

Post by Gazza19 »

Manu should be bamnned for a very long time - even if it means he misses the world cup. That sort bof behaviour is just not acceptable these days and if you think it is you are watching the wrong game - go to watch tenfoxes instead! :smt013
northamptontillidie

please stop making excuses for what he did, i know he's young but there is no way that excuses what he did.

i have never stuck up for dylan hartly as he use to be bad but when an official sees something as clear as that and gives ashton a yellow card and no red for manu there is something clearly wrong in the game
northamptontillidie

and i hope that official is never involved in another game again, he clearly can't cut it at the top level.
tigermad
Super User
Super User

Post by tigermad »

:smt030 :smt030 :smt030 :smt030

LEICESTER TIGERS - NUFF SAID
Philip J Gray
tigermad
Super User
Super User

Post by tigermad »

:smt030 :smt030 :smt030 :smt030

LEICESTER 11 NORTHAMPTON 3
Last edited by tigermad on Sat May 14, 2011 5:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Philip J Gray
Tigers27
Tiger Cub

Post by Tigers27 »

Sickening comment from OWTS, clearly not a rugby fan and no doubt will be dealt with!!

As for Manu, no excuses, should have walked, however he didn't. There is no rugby team where all players are completely innocent of any wrong-doing. Punching should not be tollerated, however as usual rival fans jump on the band wagon stating we cheat!!

Get over it, we will show in 2 weeks time we are still the best team in the country.
northamptontillidie

tigermad wrote::smt030 :smt030 :smt030 :smt030

LEICESTER TIGERS - NUFF SAID
yeh well done mate, would be nice for you to win a trophy without help from the officials or cheating!! or clearly sportsmanship is lost on some of you tigers fans.
roman

Post by roman »

Might be the best but why can't you do it without resorting to assault? No rival fan is going to want Leicester to win after watching that and as has been said may well have changed the game. If it had been the other way round I assume you Tigers may have been slightly aggrieve d. Shall be supporting Sarries in the final for that very reason.