Vuvuzelas at Welford road

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

jamiewilkinson

Re: Vuvuzelas at Welford road

Post by jamiewilkinson »

tonyw wrote:
jamiewilkinson wrote:god help the stewards if they ever had to steward at the crisps bowl, and actually do something constructive. i'm talking about the minority which i always seem to encounter.
But they got them from the club so i suppose they had their hands tied.Whoever the moronic idiot was who decided this was a good idea wants one shoving where the sun dont shine.
i thought that after the world cup the club banned them??? apart from the noise level difference, are they any other differences, i cant see any, so why choose to sell them?
kpb
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by kpb »

I thought that these horns were being sold purely for the HC Quarter Final against Leinster,i hadn't seen them in the shop or online before that game.
POSITIVE MENTAL ATTITUDE.
jamiewilkinson

Post by jamiewilkinson »

kpbates wrote:I thought that these horns were being sold purely for the HC Quarter Final against Leinster,i hadn't seen them in the shop or online before that game.
all the tigers shop "stalls" inside the ground were selling them
G.K
Super User
Super User

Post by G.K »

So the club is actively promoting these stupid things? If so then it's yet another indication that nothing is important to LFC than short term commercial gain. :smt011
Nowadays referees decide matches, players by how much.
kpb
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by kpb »

An easy way to make money as the club knew that all kids would want one to blow.Yes they may be annoying but can't see the club banning them.Maybe if the club give supporters a flag when entering the ground next week then this may take the attention of the horns.Wave the flags instead of blowing the horns!!
POSITIVE MENTAL ATTITUDE.
Snorbins
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Snorbins »

expect them at sarries next season then, with the drums and obnoxious kids with horns, Barnet will become Cape Town! That is if the stadium plans go ahead and there is a lot of local resistance.
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

Snorbins wrote:expect them at sarries next season then, with the drums and obnoxious kids with horns, Barnet will become Cape Town! That is if the stadium plans go ahead and there is a lot of local resistance.
I should have thought the probability of Saffers having Barnet available at the start of the season is close to zero, and the probability of having it available any time next season less that 20%.
Still keeping the faith!
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

Snorbins wrote: That is if the stadium plans go ahead and there is a lot of local resistance.
Maybe the locals prefer to keep the 'Barnet FAIR' link - if Saffas play there Barnet will be anything but FAIR :smt002
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.
tonyw

Post by tonyw »

They have banned them at football grounds so why the hell are Tigers promoting them? Instead of filling the ground they are liable to empty it!
I cannot believe what they will do for a few pounds, how will they stand if they shatter someones eardrum? Where theres a blame theres a claim!!!!!!
Kinoulton
Super User
Super User

Post by Kinoulton »

I am genuinely amazed that these are not only being allowed but are actively being pushed.

They seriously tarnished the experience of billions of people watching what they hoped would be a great South African Football World Cup.

The constant drone was unbearable over the TV broadcasts.
Kicks and scrums and ruck and roll.....Is all my brain and body need!
COWLEY72
Tiger Cub

Post by COWLEY72 »

We were in the CAT stand yesterday and their were 2 particular annoying children blowing the damn things all through the match.

I sincerely hope those children manage to find them again at 5.30am this morning and have driven their parents up the wall ever seen!
Granby
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Granby »

Talking to the stewards really is not an option is it - can you imagine "please help, I am having trouble with a bunch of noisy 5 year olds."
Thanks to the Dads who managed to sit well away from the noisy effers, they were more interested in drinks and food than thinking about the pleasure their little darlings were spreading around the ground.
If I turn up next week and blow one of those things down someone's ear for 80 minutes, will the club think that I am behaving with consideration for fellow spectators?
valerie

Post by valerie »

i think that they are not allowed at welford road . the steward should have known better he should have taken them off them and asked them to collect them back at the end of the game and do not bring them again to welford road :smt013
paula123 wrote:Did any of you speak to the stewards regarding this??

It was bad enough during the football world cup,please not at WR as well!!
tonyw

Post by tonyw »

valerie wrote:i think that they are not allowed at welford road . the steward should have known better he should have taken them off them and asked them to collect them back at the end of the game and do not bring them again to welford road :smt013
paula123 wrote:Did any of you speak to the stewards regarding this??

It was bad enough during the football world cup,please not at WR as well!!
They were bought at welford road, the club are actively selling them!
Jeremy Anderson
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Jeremy Anderson »

I hate the horms with a passion.
They should be banned at WR and withdrawn from sale. Whoever ordered them for sale should be severely reprimanded and be provided an education on rugby traditions and supporters' expectations as clearly needed.
Jez

Only Winners Win!