Vuvuzelas at Welford road

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Rizzo, Tigerbeat, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

tonyw
Senior Member
Senior Member
Posts: 326
Joined: Tue May 12, 2009 11:39 am

Vuvuzelas at Welford road

Post by tonyw » Sun May 08, 2011 2:33 pm

Why are the club selling vuvuzela type horns? We had them blown in our ears all :censored: match yesterday by kids with stupid :censored: adults shouting thats it lads blow them in their ears, completely spoilt the game.
If we had got up to confront the adults and a confrontation had broken out as it would undoubtably done we would have been thrown out and possibly banned but if this happens again its a risk thats going to have to be taken.

Purebob
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 1903
Joined: Thu Dec 10, 2009 5:53 pm
Location: Dudley

Re: Vuvuzelas at Welford road

Post by Purebob » Sun May 08, 2011 2:41 pm

Utterly agree, foul idiotic noise from clueless children and their foul idiotic parents.

Refund the parents and ban the :censored: things.

jamiewilkinson
Senior Member
Senior Member
Posts: 338
Joined: Sat Nov 28, 2009 11:46 pm

Re: Vuvuzelas at Welford road

Post by jamiewilkinson » Sun May 08, 2011 3:12 pm

half time was unbareable, i just hope they blew them in the car all the way home, it helped in the reason i would never choose to sit in the cat stand again, granted it probably doesnt happen every game.

GrumpyDad
Senior Member
Senior Member
Posts: 109
Joined: Tue May 06, 2008 11:23 am
Location: Cambridgeshire

Re: Vuvuzelas at Welford road

Post by GrumpyDad » Sun May 08, 2011 3:16 pm

Blowing the damned things in the Crumbie too, although thank heaven not that close to me, I just had to put up with some bloke in a Tigers shirt singing along with the lIrish trumpeter, now that was annoying.

paula123
Senior Member
Senior Member
Posts: 170
Joined: Fri Apr 01, 2011 7:17 pm

Re: Vuvuzelas at Welford road

Post by paula123 » Sun May 08, 2011 3:21 pm

Did any of you speak to the stewards regarding this??

It was bad enough during the football world cup,please not at WR as well!!
Castro's no.1 fan!!!

fleabane
Super User
Super User
Posts: 5041
Joined: Fri Sep 08, 2006 4:26 pm
Location: Occitanie

Re: Vuvuzelas at Welford road

Post by fleabane » Sun May 08, 2011 3:29 pm

Unfortunately, too many parents are inconsiderate of other people where their own children are concerned.

As a consequence, I have no hesitation in saying vuvuzela type horns should be banned.

I am requesting this is discussed at the Supporters Forum on 19 May.
Valhalla I am coming!

Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User
Posts: 14868
Joined: Sat Sep 12, 2009 6:23 pm
Location: Essex

Re: Vuvuzelas at Welford road

Post by Bill W (2) » Sun May 08, 2011 3:33 pm

fleabane wrote:Unfortunately, too many parents are inconsiderate of other people where their own children are concerned.

As a consequence, I have no hesitation in saying vuvuzela type horns should be banned.

I am requesting this is discussed at the Supporters Forum on 19 May.
Why not ban the parents of the children who blow them?
Still keeping the faith!

DickyP
Super User
Super User
Posts: 2815
Joined: Wed Oct 08, 2008 8:14 pm
Location: Newark

Re: Vuvuzelas at Welford road

Post by DickyP » Sun May 08, 2011 3:37 pm

... and I could suggest an anatomically appropriate place to store them!
For when the One Great Scorer comes to write against your name,
He marks - not that you won or lost - but how you played the Game."

tonyw
Senior Member
Senior Member
Posts: 326
Joined: Tue May 12, 2009 11:39 am

Re: Vuvuzelas at Welford road

Post by tonyw » Sun May 08, 2011 3:41 pm

We were actually in the Alliance and Leicester stand, it was obvious from their conversations that they were normally football supporters.
If the club want to encourage this why dont they put them all in a corner or preferably the crisp bowl.
RE the comment about telling the stewards,have you ever tried disscussing anything with them? :smt017

paula123
Senior Member
Senior Member
Posts: 170
Joined: Fri Apr 01, 2011 7:17 pm

Re: Vuvuzelas at Welford road

Post by paula123 » Sun May 08, 2011 3:45 pm

tonyw wrote:We were actually in the Alliance and Leicester stand, it was obvious from their conversations that they were normally football supporters.
If the club want to encourage this why dont they put them all in a corner or preferably the crisp bowl.
RE the comment about telling the stewards,have you ever tried disscussing anything with them? :smt017

I shall be telling the stewards should i encounter the same next week.Did anyone else seated around you say anything??
Castro's no.1 fan!!!

tonyw
Senior Member
Senior Member
Posts: 326
Joined: Tue May 12, 2009 11:39 am

Re: Vuvuzelas at Welford road

Post by tonyw » Sun May 08, 2011 3:52 pm

paula123 wrote:
tonyw wrote:We were actually in the Alliance and Leicester stand, it was obvious from their conversations that they were normally football supporters.
If the club want to encourage this why dont they put them all in a corner or preferably the crisp bowl.
RE the comment about telling the stewards,have you ever tried disscussing anything with them? :smt017

I shall be telling the stewards should i encounter the same next week.Did anyone else seated around you say anything??
They just shrugged their shoulders :smt013

jamiewilkinson
Senior Member
Senior Member
Posts: 338
Joined: Sat Nov 28, 2009 11:46 pm

Re: Vuvuzelas at Welford road

Post by jamiewilkinson » Sun May 08, 2011 3:56 pm

god help the stewards if they ever had to steward at the crisps bowl, and actually do something constructive. i'm talking about the minority which i always seem to encounter.

paula123
Senior Member
Senior Member
Posts: 170
Joined: Fri Apr 01, 2011 7:17 pm

Re: Vuvuzelas at Welford road

Post by paula123 » Sun May 08, 2011 3:59 pm

Well you know where i shall be shoving them horns should i encounter the same!!

We have four children which we take and i for one wouldn't let them cause a nuisance of themselves,i wouldn't even think about buying them one.Calling the children clueless is a little strong though,buy them a horn and what are they going to do with it!

I agree just ban them.
Castro's no.1 fan!!!

paula123
Senior Member
Senior Member
Posts: 170
Joined: Fri Apr 01, 2011 7:17 pm

Re: Vuvuzelas at Welford road

Post by paula123 » Sun May 08, 2011 4:02 pm

Off the subject for a moment..............

Can you believe i'm actually a TOPCAT now!!!! :smt026 :smt026
(sorry everyone just had to say that,don't take a lot to get me exited!!)
Castro's no.1 fan!!!

tonyw
Senior Member
Senior Member
Posts: 326
Joined: Tue May 12, 2009 11:39 am

Re: Vuvuzelas at Welford road

Post by tonyw » Sun May 08, 2011 4:02 pm

jamiewilkinson wrote:god help the stewards if they ever had to steward at the crisps bowl, and actually do something constructive. i'm talking about the minority which i always seem to encounter.
But they got them from the club so i suppose they had their hands tied.Whoever the moronic idiot was who decided this was a good idea wants one shoving where the sun dont shine.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], grobyman and 2 guests