Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Others see us in a different light.

Post by tigerburnie »

http://www.rugbynetwork.net/boards/read ... 0,12402509

Interesting how others see us,love the last comment,we are relentless,I take that as a huge compliment.Maybe those with the grey, doom tinted glasses need to try a different pair.
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
kpb
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Others see us in a different light.

Post by kpb »

We as Tigers supporters set our standards high and expect a lot from our team,i suppose sometimes we don't realize how lucky we are.Season in season out we are always around the top of the table and look forward to Grand Finals and trophies.How boring would it be if all we had to look forward to was whether or not we could get into the top 6 and even worse having to really on other teams to do so.Many teams/supporters would give there right arm to be in our position,and all we seem to do is moan and grumble!!
POSITIVE MENTAL ATTITUDE.
neilf
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by neilf »

Not all of us moan and grumble, some of us are happy with our situation.
Crumblies
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Crumblies »

Not all of us moan and grumble, some of us are happy with our situation.
What some might refer to as a moan and grumble, others might view as constructive criticism, and still to be happy with the situation when compared to others.
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

KEEP THE FAITH!
Still keeping the faith!
Kinoulton
Super User
Super User

Post by Kinoulton »

The other team I support in the hilariously tagged "wendyball", are the sort that regularly puts 23,000 bums on seats yet struggles to get into the top flight, and indeed hasn't done so for many years.

This year they might scrape the play-offs, where, according to history, we will be thwarted by Newark Street Library Under XIV Girls's second XI. (We have previously been dumped by giants such as Yeovil and Blackpool.) But we live in hope.

By stark contrast, the "constructive criticism" offered on the Tigers site, often after a win, is just rank moaning by people who can't seem to stomach the fact that the opposition are also allowed to put out XV players, many of them very good, with a plan to stop Tigers from doing what we do best.

If Tigers struggle over the line with a win against this determined opposition, then the great spoilt brats that infest this forum will quickly be onto their keyboards bemoaning the lack of "expansive rugby", "European credentials" and will ask if Cockers knows what he's doing.

I wonder if these moaners have ever actually played rugby? The quality of your opposite number is irrelevant at the time he thumps you in the guts and leaves you gasping for air on the floor whilst the ball moves quickly across the field.

You get up, try to breathe, run after the play, and smack your assaulter at the first opportunity. This is rugby. This is what Tigers do best. If you want Swan Lake, go to the ballet.
Kicks and scrums and ruck and roll.....Is all my brain and body need!
Crumblies
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Crumblies »

...then the great spoilt brats that infest this forum..
I for one resent this remark, whether it be directed at me or anyone else on this forum.

I read and contribute to this forum for one reason and one reason only:
I am a passionate supporter of Leicester Tigers home and away, and have been for over 30 years. I figure when I come on here I will enjoy the company and views of others who though their opinions may differ from mine, they are never-the-less likeminded in their support of the Tigers.

However whilst I support the Tigers, I pay my good money to go and watch a Rugby Match played between two teams. I watch the game with a critical eye and try to appreciate the good and bad play of both teams. applauding or offering constructive criticism when appropriate.

Frankly your comparison with ballet, and references to 'thumping' and 'smacking' says more about your ignorance than mine.

As a professional fitness trainer I was fortunate enough to experience a trainer workshop led by a professional female ballet dancer. It was one of the most rewarding and enlightening experiences of my life. Many Professional sports, including Rugby Clubs, have invited ballet dancers along to contribute to their training.
kpb
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by kpb »

I wonder if these moaners have ever actually played rugby? The quality of your opposite number is irrelevant at the time he thumps you in the guts and leaves you gasping for air on the floor whilst the ball moves quickly across the field.

You get up, try to breathe, run after the play, and smack your assaulter at the first opportunity. This is rugby. This is what Tigers do best. If you want Swan Lake, go to the ballet.[/quote]

Blimey after reading that i'm glad i don't play anymore!!! :smt036
POSITIVE MENTAL ATTITUDE.
Old Hob
Super User
Super User

Post by Old Hob »

Kinoulton wrote:The other team I support in the hilariously tagged "wendyball", are the sort that regularly puts 23,000 bums on seats yet struggles to get into the top flight, and indeed hasn't done so for many years.

This year they might scrape the play-offs, where, according to history, we will be thwarted by Newark Street Library Under XIV Girls's second XI. (We have previously been dumped by giants such as Yeovil and Blackpool.) But we live in hope.

By stark contrast, the "constructive criticism" offered on the Tigers site, often after a win, is just rank moaning by people who can't seem to stomach the fact that the opposition are also allowed to put out XV players, many of them very good, with a plan to stop Tigers from doing what we do best.

If Tigers struggle over the line with a win against this determined opposition, then the great spoilt brats that infest this forum will quickly be onto their keyboards bemoaning the lack of "expansive rugby", "European credentials" and will ask if Cockers knows what he's doing.

You get up, try to breathe, run after the play, and smack your assaulter at the first opportunity. This is rugby. This is what Tigers do best. If you want Swan Lake, go to the ballet.
Blimey, somebody got out of bed the wrong side.

Interesting criticism of criticism. Not everyone wants "expansive rugby" for instance. Some like "up the jumper rugby, for an hour or more" and that is one of the reasons for the amount of disagreement and debate on here. Some, like me, are more pessimistic in general than others. The violent imagery and personal slights don't help your case. I love Tigers and desire perfection; 22 games + 2 playoffs played and won in the AP. I know it's not going to happen yet am disappointed when it doesn't. I have ideas and suggestions for why it doesn't happen based on what I see on the pitch and my own playing days. I also learn a lot from this forum. Some posters irritate me, some amuse - just like people in general really. I like it much as it is - warts and all.
Omnia dicta fortiora si dicta Latina
DickyP
Super User
Super User

Post by DickyP »

Old Hob wrote:
Kinoulton wrote:The other team I support in the hilariously tagged "wendyball", are the sort that regularly puts 23,000 bums on seats yet struggles to get into the top flight, and indeed hasn't done so for many years.

Blimey, somebody got out of bed the wrong side.

Interesting criticism of criticism. Not everyone wants "expansive rugby" for instance. Some like "up the jumper rugby, for an hour or more" and that is one of the reasons for the amount of disagreement and debate on here. Some, like me, are more pessimistic in general than others. The violent imagery and personal slights don't help your case. I love Tigers and desire perfection; 22 games + 2 playoffs played and won in the AP. I know it's not going to happen yet am disappointed when it doesn't. I have ideas and suggestions for why it doesn't happen based on what I see on the pitch and my own playing days. I also learn a lot from this forum. Some posters irritate me, some amuse - just like people in general really. I like it much as it is - warts and all.
Excellent reply - couldn't put it better myself so I won't try - have you been reading my mind?
For when the One Great Scorer comes to write against your name,
He marks - not that you won or lost - but how you played the Game."
Kinoulton
Super User
Super User

Post by Kinoulton »

How can I be accused of making personal comments?

I haven't mentioned anyone, and certainly not any of those who have taken my obviously tongue in cheek comments out of context and got all hot and bothered.

If you think my post was directed at you, then I guess it's a case of "If the cap fits, wear it."

(By the way, my wife was a ballet dancer and when I suffered from a tight hamstring she used to put me through a rigorous ballet warm up routing including excrutiating stretching before each game. It used to make me cry.)
Old Hob
Super User
Super User

Post by Old Hob »

I never thought it was directed at me - but it is clearly directed at someone. The back pedalling is unconvincing. Who are these "spoilt brats" of whom you speak?
Omnia dicta fortiora si dicta Latina
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

We all know who they are!!

:smt003 :smt003 :smt003
Still keeping the faith!
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

It's also quite amusing how some took my original post out of context and rose to a bait that wasn't even there :smt003
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
Kinoulton
Super User
Super User

Post by Kinoulton »

Old Hob wrote: it is clearly directed at someone. The back pedalling is unconvincing. Who are these "spoilt brats" of whom you speak?
It was absolutely not directed at anyone.

The only direct person to person insult on this entire thread is from someone who's accused me of not being intelligent.