Semi-Final Ticket Details UPDATED please read.

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

butler8
Top Cat
Top Cat

Re: Semi-Final Ticket Details now up

Post by butler8 »

i dont think the moaning is related to who our opponents will be, more to do with not knowing which of the two match times and dates we will be given. im sure most of us will be free to attend either but some will need to know before they get a ticket so they know there purchase wont be a wasted one.

lovely day out intit :smt003
CJ
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by CJ »

big praise to the club for getting this sorted out so quickly. and great prices as well - well done to all concerned.

Personally I hope we'll be playing on the Saturday but I wouldn't miss a match like this and if the great god Sky TV say we'll play on the Sunday then so be it.
BJ.
Super User
Super User

Post by BJ. »

kingol22 wrote:We will be at home and kick off at either 15:15 on the saturday or 14:30 on the sunday so both are easy enough times to arrange transport for which you will have a week to do. The club should be applauded for getting the tickets out so early and at reasonable prices not moaned at because we dont know who we are playing.
There's a full page ad for ESPN in today's The Rugby Paper saying they have coverage of the second semi on Sun 15 May starting at 13.30.
Whatever you do, don't argue. We might never hear from you again.
arickett

Post by arickett »

Between 12 and 13 thousand Season Ticket holders
CJ
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by CJ »

I was at Saffacens this afternoon (doing a charity event, not from choice, I hasten to add) and at the end they were selling tickets for their home tie in the semis on Sunday 15th. so looks like we are playing on the Saturday afternoon. sorry if this is posted anywhere else: I couldn't see it
kpb
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by kpb »

Saffers website states that tickets for the semi-final are now on sale for Sunday 15th kick off 2.30pm.

http://www.saracens.com/news/view.php?Id=6359
POSITIVE MENTAL ATTITUDE.
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

Press release from a while back:
"The dates and kick off times of the Aviva Premiership Rugby semi-final have been agreed.
Sky Sports have first pick of the semi-final matches. Their selected match will take place on Saturday 14th May and will kick off at 15:15.
ESPN will broadcast the second semi-final and their match will take place on Sunday 15th May and will kick off at 14:30.
The matches will be selected after the conclusion of the final round of Aviva Premiership Rugby matches on Saturday 7th May."

Perhaps Sky have decided they would rather see TIgers than Saracens. Whether it be Northampton or Gloucester at Welford Road, it will be a tough and hard fought game.

:smt023
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
Tiger_in_Birmingham
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Tiger_in_Birmingham »

CJ wrote:I was at Saffacens this afternoon (doing a charity event, not from choice, I hasten to add) and at the end they were selling tickets for their home tie in the semis on Sunday 15th. so looks like we are playing on the Saturday afternoon. sorry if this is posted anywhere else: I couldn't see it
so we're on the Sunday?
BJ.
Super User
Super User

Post by BJ. »

Tiger_in_Birmingham wrote:so we're on the Sunday?
Uh? :smt017 Of course not.

1. The Saffas have already said they are playing on the Sunday.
2. They and the Tigers will finish first and second in the table.
3. Since first plays fourth and second plays third, Saffas and the Tigers will not meet in the semis.
4. Therefore the Tigers' match will be on the Saturday.
Easty

Post by Easty »

Great that the ticket details are out so early, but how come Sarries 'Know' when their game is? (I've had an e-mail selling tickets for the Sunday) and we 'apparently' don't? Something not quite right again.

Does it matter? well yes, I'll be travelling to Greece on Sunday, on Saturday I'll be travelling to Gatwick, hopefully via Welford Road.
Crumblies
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Crumblies »

Once again full marks to the Club. bought our tickets online this morning couldn't have been simpler or quicker.

Credit where credit is due - Well done Tigers!
BJ.
Super User
Super User

Post by BJ. »

Easty wrote:Great that the ticket details are out so early, but how come Sarries 'Know' when their game is? (I've had an e-mail selling tickets for the Sunday) and we 'apparently' don't? Something not quite right again.

Does it matter? well yes, I'll be travelling to Greece on Sunday, on Saturday I'll be travelling to Gatwick, hopefully via Welford Road.
I've just bought our tickets for the semi and the site says the match is on Sat 14 May.
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

BJ. wrote:I've just bought our tickets for the semi and the site says the match is on Sat 14 May.
Just bought my normal ticket too, ST holders can only reserve their normal seat/terrace ticket online today with the option to purchase more, if available, from tomorrow at the ticket office or on the phone. Definitely says match is on Saturday, time TBC.
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.
fentiger
Super User
Super User

Post by fentiger »

Tried to buy our Silver Family ticket which the site wants £50 for instead of the advertised £46. Went through to the checkout to be sure that was the amount and then it ups it to £80! Guess I`ll have to make a phone call tomorrow now!
kpb
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by kpb »

I would have thought it fairer if after season ticket holders had got theirs then members should have next choice then after that they go on sale to the general public.
POSITIVE MENTAL ATTITUDE.