Saints Team v Glaws Tuesday Night

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

drc_007
Super User
Super User

Re: Saints Team v Glaws Tuesday Night

Post by drc_007 »

27-15 win Glos. I suspect Saints thought they could get a LBP, their game away at LI now looks rather more interesting.
Mr_Ben
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Mr_Ben »

Strength in depth...

once again when Stains are forced to select other than their clear 1st choices they struggle.

Well done Glos, will be interesting to see how they fare this weekend
yellow_balaclava_hunter
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by yellow_balaclava_hunter »

London irish are back in it but it still looks a long shot with Northampton playing Leeds on the last day. Nevertheless it could make our game with them trickier on the last day expecially if Leeds are still in with a shout of staying up.

The question is what should we prefer?

Go for top spot and risk playing Northampton (the toughest opponent in the top four) at Welford Road. Would it be better to have home advantage against them rather than get them at Twickenham or is this too much of a risk of going out in the semis?

Finish second and get Gloucester who nearly turned us over last weekend with their second team?
Excuse me. Where do I get a yellow balaclava from?
I asked Gavin Henson if they sold them at Matalan but he said they didn't because they messed his hair up.
pogue3
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by pogue3 »

I am hoping Northampton beat Perpignan. An extra game could tire them out for a visit to Welford Road.
I fancy beating anyone at Welford Road. We are always favourites.
Tigerbob
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Tigerbob »

pogue3 wrote:I am hoping Northampton beat Perpignan. An extra game could tire them out for a visit to Welford Road.
I fancy beating anyone at Welford Road. We are always favourites.
We were 10/1 on favourites on Saturday, then look what happened!

I must say Saints were a tad unlucky not to win last night, but for two misplaced ball placements they would have won, when looking like they were dead and buried until the replacements bench all came on.

I was most impressed with Gloucester's defence though, reminiscent of Tigers defence in the dim and distant past! They certainly looked a different side to the one we played on Saturday, and will definitely be a harder proposition if we get them in the AP semi-final.

On the showing last night either side - Saints OR Gloucester, will be difficult to beat even at Welford Road.

Whoever we get, the defence of yesteryear will need to be seen again if we are to become champions for the third year on the trot.
Old Hob
Super User
Super User

Post by Old Hob »

Whoever we get in the semis I really hope we don't get Saffas in the final. I don't think that club deserves to be anywhere near the top and should not be rewarded for its cynicism.
Omnia dicta fortiora si dicta Latina
Smurphswillgetya
Super User
Super User

Post by Smurphswillgetya »

I think it would be better to have Saints here rather than the wide open spaces of Twickers. Then meet Glos in the final and let Alex loose on them again!
Of course this is my own opinion and other posters may have a different perceived factual viewpoint.
JohnI
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by JohnI »

What everyone seema to have overlooked in the saints team selection for last night was also the fact that all the EPS players have to be rested during this period of 3 games this week and since they all played on friday night then last nights rest actually made some sense.