We ARE on the box this weekend!

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Re: We ARE on the box this weekend!

Post by sam16111986 »

Try doing what Barnes does now and watch/listen with both eyes open rather than doing what you (wrongly) criticise Barnes of doing (ie being one-eyed) and you may be surprised.
I don't hate him for being one eyed I hate him for being a moron. Saying stupid things like you must let a player up once they've dived on the ball or that Tuilagi 'dived' vs Sarries when there was clearly someone holding onto him. He lives in a land of his own and mostly gets on my nerves these days because he basically condones high tackling and ye olde forearm round the throat routine at maul time. He just winds me up and shows no appreciation for anything that isn't free flowing rugby, there are arts of the scrum and lineout etc.

I'm going to stop now otherwise this might go on for some time.
Cape Tiger
Tiger Cub

Post by Cape Tiger »

Afraid my feelings about Sky commentators are too deeply entrenched to be absolutely objective, but had an interesting comment from my SA born son. All the european rugby in SA is screened under the same banner, whether sourced from sky, BBC, ESPN, but mainly from sky. My son was unaware of this, but was moved to say during a non sky broadcast " the commentators are not as biased against Liecester as they usually are"
kingol22
Super User
Super User

Post by kingol22 »

sam16111986 wrote: Saying stupid things like you must let a player up once they've dived on the ball .
How is informing fans of the laws of the game stupid?
BJ.
Super User
Super User

Post by BJ. »

I could have sworn I started this thread to let people know the Tigers v Glaws match was on the box on Saturday. Instead, it's been hijacked by the anti-Stuart Barnes brigade.

If that's the case, then :censored: off the lot of you!
Whatever you do, don't argue. We might never hear from you again.
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

How rude!!

:smt005 :smt005 :smt005
Still keeping the faith!
Old Hob
Super User
Super User

Post by Old Hob »

BJ. wrote:I could have sworn I started this thread to let people know the Tigers v Glaws match was on the box on Saturday. Instead, it's been hijacked by the anti-Stuart Barnes brigade.

Well, as you usually say "Why can't they google/look in the Radio Times"

Petard/hoist/own
Omnia dicta fortiora si dicta Latina
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

Old Hob wrote:
BJ. wrote:I could have sworn I started this thread to let people know the Tigers v Glaws match was on the box on Saturday. Instead, it's been hijacked by the anti-Stuart Barnes brigade.

Well, as you usually say "Why can't they google/look in the Radio Times"

Petard/hoist/own
by
Still keeping the faith!
Old Hob
Super User
Super User

Post by Old Hob »

And "by" means what?
Omnia dicta fortiora si dicta Latina
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

Old Hob wrote:And "by" means what?
"Hoist Petard own"

needs by.

With which one is hoist.

Or by which.

:smt006
Still keeping the faith!
Daveyboy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Daveyboy »

Threads grow organically

It is not entirely possible to predict in which direction they will go.

Apologies to BJ if he feels that this thread has been hi-jacked.
Today is yesterday's tomorrow.
BJ.
Super User
Super User

Post by BJ. »

Old Hob wrote:Well, as you usually say "Why can't they google/look in the Radio Times"

Petard/hoist/own
What? This has nothing to do with seeking information. I'll walk you through it slowly.

1. I assumed the match would not be televised live as it is a Saturday 3pm kick-off, i.e. it hasn't been moved to accommodate TV schedules.
2. I checked the TV listings on my Sky planner to see which games (if any) were being televised in case I fancied recording them and watching them later.
3. To my surprise, I found out the Leicester v Gloucester match is being televised live.
4. I tendered the information on this forum as someone invariably asks this question without bothering to check the listings themselves.
Whatever you do, don't argue. We might never hear from you again.
Kinoulton
Super User
Super User

Post by Kinoulton »

BJ's information that the match was to be televised WAS required because the way the TV companies shcedule their televised rugby games and then publish this information has been notoriously wishy-washy, inconclusive, and inconsistent across various listings.

Many previous threads have born this out.

The information that some of you think Stuart Barnes is stupid and/or anti-Tigers surely does not need to be regurgitated again. The fact that he is neither will not chahnge your views, or those of the rest of us who take what he says at face value.
Kicks and scrums and ruck and roll.....Is all my brain and body need!
thebearisstilldeano
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by thebearisstilldeano »

YAAARGHH!!!!

Avast there landlubbers. I be Capt'n The Bearisstilldeano and I be Hijackin this thread - yarrgh!

You there - Old Hob an BJ - wind in the petard or walk the plank, the choice be yours, yarrrrgh.

Bill W (2) - Barnes be not one of the ugly sisters ye blitherin barnacle - he be both!! Yarrgh.

Sam 123456789 and me2 - don't ye know me hearties - Barnes has one eye a'cos he be a Pirate too and I heard he once had a ship in the Bath (though I will give eee that it might have been Dowi Murris I saw a floatin past - and apologies too to the spellin fellas for me error in the last sentence). Yarrrgh!!

Now lets set sail across the barmy waters of the interweb and take another thread down - there be rich pickins in the Salery cap discussion where there be foreign travellers with deep pockets - yarrrrgh!
I used to sit near a stalker and we want him back "kick for the corner!!!!"
thebearisstilldeano
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by thebearisstilldeano »

And afore anyone thinks I be lettin Kinoulton off...

There be a keel haulin waitin for "Chahnge"

Yarrgh.
I used to sit near a stalker and we want him back "kick for the corner!!!!"
MurphysLaw
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by MurphysLaw »

[quote="thebearisstilldeano"][size=150]YAAARGHH!!!![/size]

Avast there landlubbers. I be Capt'n The Bearisstilldeano and I be Hijackin this thread - yarrgh!

You there - Old Hob an BJ - wind in the petard or walk the plank, the choice be yours, yarrrrgh.

Bill W (2) - Barnes be not one of the ugly sisters ye blitherin barnacle - he be both!! Yarrgh.

Sam 123456789 and me2 - don't ye know me hearties - Barnes has one eye a'cos he be a Pirate too and I heard he once had a ship in the Bath (though I will give eee that it might have been Dowi Murris I saw a floatin past - and apologies too to the spellin fellas for me error in the last sentence). Yarrrgh!!

Now lets set sail across the barmy waters of the interweb and take another thread down - there be rich pickins in the Salery cap discussion where there be foreign travellers with deep pockets - yarrrrgh![/quote]

Avast Cap't B

I hear say there's vast booty to be had in yonder waters of the 12Trees thread.
Hoist the mainsail!