12T on Saturday?

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

12T on Saturday?

Post by Bill W (2) »

Anthony Allen had is ankle in a boot and was on crutches after the game (although he did say it was not as bad as it looked).

Might 12T get a game then?

Oh and Geordan says he is having his plaster off tomorrow!
Still keeping the faith!
PM76
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: 12T on Saturday?

Post by PM76 »

Bill W (2) wrote: Might 12T get a game then?
Staunton has played 12 before :smt003 :smt003 :smt003

If Allen is injured then would expect 12T to play. Would be interesting to see if he took a few long range kicks.
bluntiger
Super User
Super User

Post by bluntiger »

Didn't Newby play centre once when (against Ospreys last season) we were depleted in the back division when Tom Youngs was on the bench as a back replacement. Surely he should be selected ahead of 12T!
Always a Tiger
Norfolk & Goode
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Norfolk & Goode »

Hipkiss and Billy were both taking part in the Leinster pre-match warm-ups, let's hope one or/and the other make an appearance this saturday :smt041
kingol22
Super User
Super User

Post by kingol22 »

a 12 trees manu centre partnership would be great in attack but at the moment we need allen for defense. Imo you can not have both in the centers at the same time as manu needs a guiding hand at the moment a job which allen is doing very well.
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

kingol22 wrote:a 12 trees manu centre partnership would be great in attack but at the moment we need allen for defense. Imo you can not have both in the centers at the same time as manu needs a guiding hand at the moment a job which allen is doing very well.
But not one he can do on crutches!

If you won't plat 12T and Manu in combination then you either drop Manu or play one of Hipkiss/Smith/Manu/Staunton out of position at inside centre.
Still keeping the faith!
kingol22
Super User
Super User

Post by kingol22 »

If allen is ruled out then 12t may well slot into 12 but i think it will leave us vulnerable in defense. What i think may be more likely is manu moving to 12 with hipkiss or smith at 13 but is suppose we need to test the partnership of 12t and manu as it is the future and gloucester may be the time to do it.
G.K
Super User
Super User

Post by G.K »

I doubt Cockers will pick 12T unless half the team goes down with a bug. :smt009
Nowadays referees decide matches, players by how much.
apps

Post by apps »

well i send my lad up to oval park to make sure they get the chicken pots so 12trees can play lol
TIGERS RULE WELFORD ROAD NO MAN CAN STOP THEM IN THERE WAY TO MORE SILVER
westwinds31
Super User
Super User

Post by westwinds31 »

Rugby tournament in Cheltenham yesterday - my lad playing lock for the Under 12s....Simpson-Daniel doing his duty as Gloucester player attending. Had a chat with him about his injury...looks as though they are targeting the Saints game for him to return. I mentioned Tigers and he intimated that perhaps Glaws might have to "take a defeat" at Welford Road and throw everything at the home game with Northampton, to secure a top 4 spot and hope for a losing bonus either at Leicester or Sarries the following week. Redpath certainly has some thinking to do in terms of team selection. From our perspective, some worrying knocks and injuries...Deacs and Allen...we need them for the run in and the play-offs.
AidanMcDowell

Post by AidanMcDowell »

I'm perplexed by these statements that Manu and Billy are a risk defensively yet are also the future for next season. Next season's only half a dozen matches away; if we don't start blooding them now when will we? If Manu is so in need of an experienced guiding hand beside him then Billy will never play for us because I can't see him hanging around warming the bench, or playing for the reserves, for another season. I agree that silverware is the benchmark of success but, at club level, the pinnacle of the sport we all love is the Heineken Cup and to win that in the current era needs a bit more dynamism than we have been capable of producing these past couple of seasons.
Smurphswillgetya
Super User
Super User

Post by Smurphswillgetya »

If Allen is injured then bring 12T's in at 12, put Smith or Hipkiss at 13 and move Manu to the wing and give Agulla a rest.
Of course this is my own opinion and other posters may have a different perceived factual viewpoint.
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

Smurphswillgetya wrote:If Allen is injured then bring 12T's in at 12, put Smith or Hipkiss at 13 and move Manu to the wing and give Agulla a rest.
Now you are just being silly!!

Manu to full back. Hamiliton to IC!

12T on bench!
Still keeping the faith!
kornboy130
Super User
Super User

Post by kornboy130 »

Smurphswillgetya wrote:If Allen is injured then bring 12T's in at 12, put Smith or Hipkiss at 13 and move Manu to the wing and give Agulla a rest.
After yesterday I will be very annoyed of Agulla takes a rest - I thought he was fantastic and as it's the first match i will have got to see live for a while so would like him to be playing...

at 12 if Allen isn't avalable - perhaps a Twelvetrees-Smith partnership is required.
Rizzo

Post by Rizzo »

Bill W (2) wrote:
Oh and Geordan says he is having his plaster off tomorrow!

Geordan has gone to London today to have "the metalwork" removed from his foot, apparently.
Don't waste your time away thinking about yesterday's blues
Demelza - another Mother