12T on Saturday?

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

tb1
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: 12T on Saturday?

Post by tb1 »

The most tedious aspect of this discussion is that if Billy does start at 12 on Saturday then none of Cockers' detractors on this board will have the grace to admit they were wrong.
Granby
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Granby »

What do you expect to be under discussion on a thread entitled "12T on Saturday"?
boon

Post by boon »

tb1 wrote:The most tedious aspect of this discussion is that if Billy does start at 12 on Saturday then none of Cockers' detractors on this board will have the grace to admit they were wrong.
if selected, shouldnt he start at the same time as everyone else - 3pm? :smt016
if you are happy and you know it, you are unusual.
maskedsquid
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by maskedsquid »

Blimey, what will you all do if Billy starts Saturday's match and plays...badly?

Well ok, you'll blame Cockerill for not playing him earlier and therefore him being out of form. And of course you'd be right, because we've only had the players' player and players' young player of the season in the centres this term.

There was an interesting stat from Cockers a couple of week ago too, where he pointed out that Billy has had more game time than either Flood or Jezza this season. Yes that may not be his best position, but it's hardly a dreadful situation for him to be in. And his new contract suggests he's happy enough with the goings on...
It's only cheating if you get caught.
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

maskedsquid wrote:Blimey, what will you all do if Billy starts Saturday's match and plays...badly?
This is not only not likely, it is impossible.

Of course some of his team mates may let him down, Cockers may adopt a stupid game plan, Glaws might cheat, and the ref be a myopic idiot - or all or some of the above.

But if 12T plays he will be brilliant!

:smt027 :smt027 :smt027 :smt027
Still keeping the faith!
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

jgriffin wrote:I think it is wonderful how some people assume, a posteriori, that Cockers is right and we are miserable idiots. Apart from the fact he is human, Cockers has made some awful decisions in the past, some of them anticipated by posters on this forum (e.g. playing injured players, not subbing when clearly a good idea, questionable game plan....). .
I totally agree with you jg. Many on here (myself included) are miserable idiots. And Cockers has made some awful decisions.

:smt016
Still keeping the faith!
tb1
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by tb1 »

jgriffin wrote:I think it is wonderful how some people assume, a posteriori, that Cockers is right and we are miserable idiots.
Doesn't make sense.
Smudge
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Smudge »

This forum is open to all sorts of comments, some you will agree with, some you wont.
Whether the opinions expressed are accurate or not is often subjective.
There is definitely a band wagon growing with respect to Cockers.
A life long Tiger
G.K
Super User
Super User

Post by G.K »

tb1 wrote:The most tedious aspect of this discussion is that if Billy does start at 12 on Saturday then none of Cockers' detractors on this board will have the grace to admit they were wrong.
Perhaps Cockers would care to go first on this?
Nowadays referees decide matches, players by how much.
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

G.K wrote:
Perhaps Cockers would care to go first on this?
And if 12T doesn't start?

:smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003
Still keeping the faith!
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

My prediction is that Billy will start on Saturday and Allen rested.

Chuter also rested, Castro to start.

:smt023
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
daniel

Post by daniel »

hees not the Messiah, hees a very talented boy

what is it with people thinking they know everything and everyone, lets just enjoy the sport, lets face it, being a tigers supporter is hardly un-satisfying, cockers so far has got us into a european final, semi final and won us 2 leagues, and has developed ben youngs and manu very well, ohh and also steve mafia and anthongy allan, ohh and helped make newby become an amazing openside.

our players are briliant, collectively tigers are dangerous, yes cockers may make mistakes, yes i think 12t is amazing and is very talented, but tbh, cockers hasnt done a bad job at all. yes i understand that some of you have watched harrison and 12t, and i understand ur frustration at cockers choice not to use them (i too think grindal lacks talent and harrison should be in, and that 12t is a threat in contrast to staunton) but in reality anyone who is writing on this forumn is not going to be a rugby expert, amazing coach or master tactician, we are all viewers. i may have some tactics iv thort of which could change a game, some of you may have coached a team and got success. but none of you writting on this forumn (including me) have any realy credit to our names as if we did, we would have jobs as head coaches of big clubs. none of you are ian mcGeechan, shaun edwards, jake white or clive woodward, and although it may be frustrating that we believe we can see the solution of an issue, at the end of the day we are not the position to cause change. and thats why we love watching tigers, because we dont know whats going to happen next all the time, we dont know who exaclty is going to be chosen, we enjoy not having to make the decisions so when it goes wrong we can blame someone, similaly we enjoy it when we say "pass it wide" and they do and we score. Cockers isnt bad, billy isnt the mesiah, and we enjoy the lack of controll as much as we despise it. but it could be worse, we could be wasps fans who are finally realising that thier team is rubbish
fentiger
Super User
Super User

Post by fentiger »

Well said Daniel! Reality check everyone :smt001