Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Sherpa2
Gold Member
Gold Member

Youngsy may be cited!

Post by Sherpa2 »

Tom, that is http://www.worcesternews.co.uk/sport/89 ... o_captain/

Seems that posted warnings by hww about the temperament of Tom* certainly have some credence

*see how I avoided using an apostrophe there
I used to be indecisive now I just can't make up my mind
hww27
Silver Member
Silver Member

Re: Youngsy may be cited!

Post by hww27 »

I've already been on the Notts forum about this, wondering if you guys would pick up on it - well done on your sharpness :smt001

As I've said before, his temper is so volatile and unpredictable. Sadly this wasnt the only altercation he was involved in that game either, and I hear he was subbed to stop him getting into any more trouble. I was actually at the game and saw both incidents and still say that maybe something needs doing. He was spoken to about it but I still say he needs the sharp shock of a citing/a ban/a sin-binning or sending off at the time to maybe make him think about the consequences of engaging brain before engaging fists.

Sadly this is detracting from the fact he actually had a good game, he looked really sharp after his injury lay-off and his game is good at the minute but he needs to sort his temper out. Why he is so volatile on the pitch I have no idea (he's not like that off it :smt002 ) but even I find it impossible to keep defending him when he's going to do daft stuff!!!
Proud member of the Tom Youngs Fan Club :)
Hull Fan
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Hull Fan »

I wonder if it is to try and prove he has what it takes in the forwards, after switching from centre. Over compensating from showing that he can't be taken lightly, may be?
The East Yorkshire Branch
Coalville RFC - "It's in the blood"
hww27
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by hww27 »

Good point, Hull Fan. I hadnt thought of that. I know that forwards are expected to be er - tough :smt003 and given some of the stuff I am aware of trying to prove himself in that sense would certainly make sense. Warriors unoffy are being exceptionally nasty about it given what one of their lot did to one of ours and got away with it but hey ho. We shall have to see what happens....
Last edited by hww27 on Tue Apr 05, 2011 12:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Warrior Underdog

Post by Warrior Underdog »

hww27 - do you mean the nastiness in this thread?

http://www.warriors.co.uk/forum/viewtop ... f=1&t=5040

I can't find any nastiness about Tom Youngs on our forum. He threw a stupid punch and got away with it. Seems to happen a lot nowadays and I'm not really that bothered. One day someone will hit him back and he will know about it.
hww27
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by hww27 »

Hi WU, no I wasnt referring to that. Apologies, it was actually a thread on the unofficial forum that I was referring to, am happy to go back and clarify that. Im on my phone at the moment so cant post links but it was pretty vitriolic!
Warrior Underdog

Post by Warrior Underdog »

Fair enough mate. Hope Jackson does get better soon, great player.

Sorry to hijack your boards Tigers fans. Hopefully see you all next season :smt023
old one eye
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by old one eye »

[quote="

Sorry to hijack your boards Tigers fans. Hopefully see you all next season :smt023[/quote]

That looks probable, goode luck.