Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

mol2
Super User
Super User

Re: Quin's vs Tiger's - Todays game!!!

Post by mol2 »

DickyP wrote:
kpbates wrote:I thought that after 4 penalty's the penalty try was supposed to be awarded?? I may be wrong though. :smt017
Penalty try is only supposed to be awarded by Law 9.A.1

"If a player would probably have scored a
try but for foul play by an opponent, a penalty try is
awarded between the goal posts."

and the bit from 10.3.b "Foul Play"

"Repeated infringements by the team. When different players of the same team repeatedly commit the same offence, the referee must decide whether or not this amounts to repeated infringement. If it does, the referee gives a general warning to the team and if they then repeat the offence, the referee cautions and temporarily suspends the guilty player(s). If a player of that same team then repeats the offence the referee sends off the guilty player(s).
Sanction: Penalty kick
A penalty try must be awarded if the offence prevents a try that would probably otherwise have been scored."

Going by this there was absolutely no reason to award one before he did and I think that he was arguably wrong even when he did - Quins weren't actually stopping Tigers scoring and if he'd left it another 5 seconds they would have scored. However, I'm glad he did as it meant the kick was in front of the post.

Clear a mud now, I hope. :smt023
So Harlequins were not repeatedly commiting technical infringements to prevent a pushover try at the scrum?
You could argue that the ref could have awarded the penalty try at the first scrum penalty.
kpb
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by kpb »

[quote="parvacat"]Just noticed this on the Quins forum - along with much other invective!

Re: Chuter and Castro post-match Posted by: Northolt Quin (IP Logged)
Date: 02 April, 2011 21:18

I sit near the Sky lounge where the players wives and others(!) sit, so normally all of the players that circle the ground are in front of us.

Castro, Chuter & I think Crane?? were all giving various V's and yap-yap gestures to the crowd. It had absolutely nothing do with applauding the Tigers fans but all to do with goading the Quins fans.

This is completely out of character for all 3 players,could they face any further action regarding this matter? I'm thinking back to Venter's antics to our supporters at WR.I'm hoping that a tounge lashing from Cockers will be enough. :smt084
POSITIVE MENTAL ATTITUDE.
Broadstaff

Post by Broadstaff »

mol2 wrote:
DickyP wrote:
kpbates wrote:I thought that after 4 penalty's the penalty try was supposed to be awarded?? I may be wrong though. :smt017
Penalty try is only supposed to be awarded by Law 9.A.1

Yer, there could have been 14 penalties and that would still not be reason for a penalty try. Could have been a lot of yellow cards though! A pen try has to stop a probable try and is nothing to do with repeated infringement.
tigerinthestix
Tiger Cub

Post by tigerinthestix »

I have been to the Stoop on several occasions with no adverse effects, but I have to say that many of the Quins yesterday where very aggressive. Our group (oldies and offspring) were accosted by a very irate 'fan' who told us in no uncertain terms that we were a disgrace! Not quit sure why!

:smt043 :smt050
Angelo
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Angelo »

Thanks SKY Italy...a Tigers match at last...i'm really angry. Previous yers two, even three Premiership matches a week, now only one, until playoffs. I have seen it. What a fight....great defence at the end of the match. Both sides forgot that you can advance by kicks too ^^. Players too nervous. It's strange...but there's so much rivalry between Tigers and Quins?. However, my compliments. Tigers are always hard to beat
Broadstaff

Post by Broadstaff »

Castro, Chuter & I think Crane?? were all giving various V's and yap-yap gestures to the crowd. It had absolutely nothing do with applauding the Tigers fans but all to do with goading the Quins fans.

This is completely out of character for all 3 players,could they face any further action regarding this matter? I'm thinking back to Venter's antics to our supporters at WR.I'm hoping that a tounge lashing from Cockers will be enough. :smt084[/quote]

Yes, we were all very righteous when it was Venter in the dock. I love the idea of fans and players all getting along together in a "family atmosphere", but is it realistic? The fans goad the players and the players can't rise above it so they goad the fans. Sad reflection really. Perhaps in rugby the players don't earn enough to feel they should rise above it?
Purebob
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Purebob »

I am struggling to think of the last game I attended where there was crowd abuse of the players or player abuse of the crowd. Youngs' v sign at the Scarlets ?

For whatever reason the Quins fans are still absolutely incensed by yesterday's victory and they expressed this in an uncharacteristically boorish manner.

The Tigers lads , probably still hyped up from a hard match gave some verbals back.

Its not very propitious for the game we love, but its hardly an auld firm riot is it ?

I am glad I was not there. I go with my 13 YO son and would not want him to feel intimidated in any way.
kpb
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by kpb »

Purebob wrote:
I am glad I was not there. I go with my 13 YO son and would not want him to feel intimidated in any way.
Agreed, this sort of aggressive behaviour is deffinately the last thing we want our youngsters to witness,luckily we don't accept this sort of behaviour at WR.
Tiger_in_Birmingham
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Tiger_in_Birmingham »

kpbates wrote:
Purebob wrote:
Agreed, this sort of aggressive behaviour is deffinately the last thing we want our youngsters to witness,luckily we don't accept this sort of behaviour at WR.
Nor should we accept it at any ground or by any team
Cagey Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Cagey Tiger »

Tiger_in_Birmingham wrote: The commentary I was listening to also drew attention to the Tigers pack talking to the ref about alleged eye gouging.
Unfortunately I do not have a recording of it, but right at the end of the match I saw a replay where a Quin's player (Marler I think) had his right hand across a Tigers' (have I got the apostrophe in the right place?) player's face (Ayerza's - again I think) and his fingers were very, very close to the Tigers' player's left eye. Now I am not saying that he was attempting to gouge, more likely trying to push the Tigers' player away - they were both standing up and in full view, not at the bottom of a ruck or maul. However, lack of intent is not seen as a defence by the powers that be so if they see what I saw, he could well be banned for a long time.
paula123

Post by paula123 »

Tiger_in_Birmingham wrote:
kpbates wrote:
Purebob wrote:
Nor should we accept it at any ground or by any team

Agree with all the above as i would'nt have wanted to be put in that sort of environment with my four children.There is absolutely no excuse for this kind of thing in our game.
Castro's no.1 fan!!!
Rizzo

Post by Rizzo »

When Cole came off the field, there was a clear red gouge mark at the top of his nose, near the eye.
Don't waste your time away thinking about yesterday's blues
Demelza - another Mother
divingrob

Post by divingrob »

I think with Bath losing today we have now guaranteed a top 4 position.
:smt041 :smt041 :smt041 :smt041
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

You are correct.

But of course we want to finish top!

:smt027 :smt027 :smt027 :smt027
Still keeping the faith!
kpb
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by kpb »

And can Leeds produce the great escape,a huge match next week against the Falcons.

Leeds 27 Exeter 22.