Final Day Fixture Clash Saturday 7th May

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

zee

Final Day Fixture Clash Saturday 7th May

Post by zee »

The football league have decided to move the games forward for their final day fixtures from Sunday 8th to Saturday 7th May. BBC and SKY will both be showing live games of the final day. Kick offs will be 12:45 across the country at request of the police as in the last few seasons violence has been seen in the stands on the last day at several grounds as emotions run very very high!!

http://www.football-league.co.uk/footba ... 34_2301942

Thing is we play London Irish on the last day of the Premiership same day at 3pm. SAG said they'd never let city and Tigers play on the same day due to health and safety, gridlock traffic/parking, LRI ambulances and 4 sets of fans in the city is unsafe at once. If things are riding on both games I'd expect 32,500+ 24,000 fans in the city.

How is this gonna work?
mightymouse
Super User
Super User

Re: Final Day Fixture Clash Saturday 7th May

Post by mightymouse »

I would say it works like this

Our date and time have been in place for months

They (football people) make an application to Council/police to play at the same time

Council/police say - we a terribly sorry but we cannot allow that

They say - we have TV riding on this

Police say TOUGH ..........get over it

well that is how it should work .. I dare say someone.. ie. US! will probably be bent over and well and truly rogered senseless! ... and ave to capitualte.
peeje

Post by peeje »

As usual, one or the other will be moved - let the TV companies fight it out :smt002 ? But all Premiership rugby fixtures on the final day of the rugby season are always at the same time on the same day so it will be interesting to see the outcome
zee

Post by zee »

true, but if it is left to the media to choose the final day of the championship football or the rugby premiership- there is only ever one option? especially as BBC and SKY are showing games, and all games in the football must kick off at the same time too.

Tigers will inevitably have to move to accommodate as i cant see SAG allowing even staggered kick offs. If there was an incident they would be slaughtered.
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

Silly question.

Whose turn is it to move?
Still keeping the faith!
apps

Post by apps »

youre got the same thing hapening & twickerham as quins are at home then up the road it the ARMY Vs ROYAL NAVY game which i be going to as it a great day out but it not like that game i will not say as there will be old bill round both games but a lot of Navy & RMP'S & a few RAF police to help do twickerham.

come on the army
TIGERS RULE WELFORD ROAD NO MAN CAN STOP THEM IN THERE WAY TO MORE SILVER
BJ.
Super User
Super User

Post by BJ. »

apps wrote:youre got the same thing hapening & twickerham as quins are at home then up the road it the ARMY Vs ROYAL NAVY game which i be going to as it a great day out but it not like that game i will not say as there will be old bill round both games but a lot of Navy & RMP'S & a few RAF police to help do twickerham.

come on the army
Pardon?
Whatever you do, don't argue. We might never hear from you again.
Stu_F
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Stu_F »

We will move to another day on basis that by then we will be uncatchable at the top of the table whereas City will still be fighting relegation and wishing they hadn't sacked Sven!
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

Stu_F wrote:We will move to another day on basis that by then we will be uncatchable at the top of the table whereas City will still be fighting relegation and wishing they hadn't sacked Sven!
And Irish will be out of contention for HC qualification?
Still keeping the faith!
Stu_F
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Stu_F »

Based on current form.... Yes!
chris4xy

Post by chris4xy »

Fingers crossed. I bought our tickets for this game believing it wouldn't be moved because Sky had scheduled it for broadcast.

I can't believe that these fixtures cannot be co-ordinated. Surely whoever brings out their fixture lists first could submit them to the other league who could then feed the relevant fixtures in to their computer and avoid this problem. Especially relevant where the ground is shared between two sports.
daktari
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by daktari »

Don't the Premiership rules state that the last round of matches all have to KO at the same time...could be interesting....
find a better way of life, http://www.marillion.com

marillion 19, coming ....er not sure..
BJ.
Super User
Super User

Post by BJ. »

chris4xy wrote:Fingers crossed. I bought our tickets for this game believing it wouldn't be moved because Sky had scheduled it for broadcast.

I can't believe that these fixtures cannot be co-ordinated. Surely whoever brings out their fixture lists first could submit them to the other league who could then feed the relevant fixtures in to their computer and avoid this problem. Especially relevant where the ground is shared between two sports.
Where have you heard the Tigers v Irish game will be televised?

Everything was fine until very recently, i.e. the Aviva premiership played its last league matches on Sat 7 May (3pm k/o throughout) and the soccer Championship played its final league matches on Sun 8 May (3pm k/o throughout). Now, the football league in conjunction with Sky & BBC have moved the football forward by just over 24 hours to a 12.45 k/o. Surely Sky, if none of the others, are aware we no longer can play a home match on the same day as the football team.
BJ.
Super User
Super User

Post by BJ. »

daktari wrote:Don't the Premiership rules state that the last round of matches all have to KO at the same time...could be interesting....
Yes.

So why is it so vitally important the football now has to be on the Saturday?
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

The football league rules also state that the final round of games should kick off at the same time for the same reasons.
BJ. wrote:daktari wrote:
Don't the Premiership rules state that the last round of matches all have to KO at the same time...could be interesting....