Sale away

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

BJ.
Super User
Super User

Re: Sale away

Post by BJ. »

ATTENTION ANYONE GOING TO EDGELEY PARK ON FRIDAY - Don't ask for black tea from the stalls inside the ground. You might get coffee!
Whatever you do, don't argue. We might never hear from you again.
Purebob
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Purebob »

Rizzo wrote:
Purebob wrote:. Its like flippin' Mordor going to Edgeley park....

as a LOTR geek, at this point I'd add "Don't follow the lights!"

I would hope we can do okay in this game, team selection will be interesting.
I was a LOTR geek before YOU wuz a LOTR geek ! :p Tolkien based Mordor on Dudley castle rising out of the black country. I live in Dudley Castle's grounds :)

Anyway I agree, I wish I could wait to see teams before buying TBH, but I suspect the awful uncovered tenner seats will be available right up to Friday morning.

Tish and fie ! I should go support my team anyway ! Its just that... well... its such a vile journey and a vile ground, and a vile KO time.
Smurphswillgetya
Super User
Super User

Post by Smurphswillgetya »

BJ. wrote:ATTENTION ANYONE GOING TO EDGELEY PARK ON FRIDAY - Don't ask for black tea from the stalls inside the ground. You might get coffee!
Isnt it the same thing? Dirty black water :smt030 :smt030
Of course this is my own opinion and other posters may have a different perceived factual viewpoint.
Purebob
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Purebob »

Bought my tickets last night * sigh *

I must be mad...TIGERS mad...
BJ.
Super User
Super User

Post by BJ. »

Smurphswillgetya wrote:
BJ. wrote:ATTENTION ANYONE GOING TO EDGELEY PARK ON FRIDAY - Don't ask for black tea from the stalls inside the ground. You might get coffee!
Isnt it the same thing? Dirty black water :smt030 :smt030
I can't remember if I've explained this before. We went to Sale two seasons ago and, just before kick-off, I decided to get a cup of tea from the stall behind the stand. The teenage girl behind the counter never asked if I wanted milk in it and served me a ready-milked cardboard cup of PG Tips. I asked her what she would have done if I'd specified black tea. She paused, turned round and brought me a drink with no milk in it. It was coffee!
smalldell
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by smalldell »

Been to this game a few times and only seen us win once - under pat Howard - I just have a feeling about this game that means a losing bonus point will be acceptable.

Cockerill may even change the side so that when we lose he can say he gave them a go..sorry that was very naughty of me.....

The big game is the Saracens one....they have few out and I fear Grindall will get murdered by their 9........

But if we come out of this period with 10 points I would be happy quite frankly......anymore would be a real plus....Watch Alex Goode when Saracens come he looks to be getting back to his former self...
Purebob
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Purebob »

I think points are so hard to come by this season that Tigers should put out our best team and aim to hammer a feeble Sale side. Agreed Saffers is a bigger game, largely cos its a potential ten pointer. But I think we should really give Sale our best go.
Tigerbob
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Tigerbob »

There's something about a match under floodlights in Stockport in pouring rain ( I suspect the weather forecast for Friday night may be wrong, it always rains at Sale on match night, that's what living on the wrong side of the Pennines does for you!) that Tigers don't cope well with.

We have an awful success rate at Sale and I suspect this Friday may be no different.

Any chance of us calling for the pizzas early and playing the 'it's too dangerous to scrum in the puddles" card!? :smt005

TBH we'll have to wait and see what squad Cockers puts out before passing judgement.
BJ.
Super User
Super User

Post by BJ. »

Tigerbob wrote:We have an awful success rate at Sale and I suspect this Friday may be no different.
I've just had a quick look through the fixtures archives and our record away to Sale is W6 L9 D3. TBH, it's not as bad as I thought.
Tigerbob
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Tigerbob »

In recent history (i.e. over the last 7 seven seasons) it's W1 D1 L5
BJ.
Super User
Super User

Post by BJ. »

Tigerbob wrote:In recent history (i.e. over the last 7 seven seasons) it's W1 D1 L5
True. Isn't it amazing what you can do with statistics? Evidently over 78% of them are made up on the spot. :smt002
Purebob
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Purebob »

I wonder why we have this hoodoo with such a poor team as Sale ? I hope to blow them away on Friday !
Ian Cant
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Ian Cant »

We are going to Sale, no doubt for another wet evening of tense rugby. Tigers have to go for a victory here as Saracens at home is a likely loss considering they will have no players out! Croft will play and then go to England!!
Let's make lots of noise at Sale. One day we have to turn up and play well!!!! Hm!!!
brooksey101

Post by brooksey101 »

KEEP THE FAITH!!!!!!!!!!!

Cockers please put out a decent team as me and the family are making the trip up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:D TiGeRs RuLe!!!!:D
Will S
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Will S »

I would be tempted to try and keep Mafi in the side as Hodgson will kick for position and a strong lineout for us will be very important.

I don't expect the below team but this is the one I would like to see turn out:

15. Scott Hamilton
14. Matt Smith
13. Manu Tuilagi
12. Billy Twelvetrees
11. Alesana Tuilagi
10. Jeremy Staunton
9. James Grindal
1. Marcos Ayerza
2. Rob Hawkins
3. Julian White
4. Ed Slater
5. George Skivington
6. Tom Croft
7. Steve Mafi
8. Jordan Crane

I know I've missed out AA and TTT but they have both played a lot of rugby this year and I would give them the week off, or at least on the bench, to try and keep them fresh and their understudies sharp (I know players like Hamilton have also played a lot but IC and number 8 are much more physically demanding positions than being stuck in the back 3).