atmosphere against wasps......

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

bigfoot25

atmosphere against wasps......

Post by bigfoot25 »

anyone else notice that the atmosphere at todays game was poor considering we were playing wasps?! I have been to a few games against wasps and you could always guarantee a firery atmosphere!!
bwightman
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Re: atmosphere against wasps......

Post by bwightman »

The frustration got to the crowd just as much as it did the players! Even in the wet I wouldn't have betted on us spanking a handful of dead cert tries in the 22 with knock ons or poor passing. As for the pushover try that never was...
We could have (and possibly should have) put 40 on Wasps today. Credit to them for putting up the wall in the 2nd half.
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

Where I was sitting the atmosphere was good.

Mr. Small did not help.

All credit to him for pinging line out throws that were not straight - but his off side line was one metre in front of the rearmost foot and he allowed Betson off the scrum almost before the ball was put in!!

That and when we, on our feet, attempted to get the ball from their tackled player who was not releasing got pinged for preventing release!!

I noted that Castro and Newby were not amused.

I also noted that Sedwards has absolutely no rapport whatsoever with his players.
Still keeping the faith!
Gate
Super User
Super User

Post by Gate »

It was noisy enough where I was. I was pleasantly surprised by the reffing performance. Mind you, that's mainly because I was using the end of last season against Sarries as the Small yardstick, and he'd have had to have gone some to have been that bad again.
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

Gate wrote:It was noisy enough where I was. I was pleasantly surprised by the reffing performance. Mind you, that's mainly because I was using the end of last season against Sarries as the Small yardstick, and he'd have had to have gone some to have been that bad again.

He was not as bad as that I grant you. But he was nonetheless pretty poor.

Betson was off the scum almost before the ball was put in.
Still keeping the faith!
Ian Cant
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Ian Cant »

I thought we made quite alot of noise but it wasn't so much Small at fault as the touch judges. They had no idea today and both sides got away with things. Simpson and Betson got away with alot but we still don't go into rucks as hard as we should do. Simpson's kicking out of players on the floor ought to be looked at by the citing comissioner but all my mates said there was no chance as he is needed by England!! Years agu Oz got banned for far less!! Off to Sale where we rarely do well!!! Time for a change!!
RugbyTiger
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by RugbyTiger »

We had quite a noisy bunch of Wasps fans behind us in the Caterpillar stand but they soon got drowned out by the Tigers supporters. The only thing was that they would not shut up when a conversion was being taken and that rattled a few people.
Carole

A REAL RUGBY TIGER IN MORE WAYS THAN ONE !!

ALSO KNOWN AS DORCAS - PART OF THE MOTHERS GANG SO WATCH OUT LADS !!
Luke
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Luke »

From watching on TV (which isn't the same, admittedly), it seemed very quiet and there were only a couple of occassions when the crowd got going.

It was a wet, cold night and I got the impression that the team and the crowd were confident enough of a victory that neither got too excited about it.