Post by Downbathway »

Thanks Bob! wise words indeed.

By the way, how did know that I was ill educated?. Thats uncanny!. :smt017
salcombe bob
Super User
Super User

Re: Tigers v Bath

Post by salcombe bob »

Personally I feel the original posting by Downbathway should be reported and copied to Bath Rugby club. They would not be happy with such language and behaviour. I assume our Moderators will have the relevant e mail address from his registration on the site as a new member.

By the way I always thought Bath was in Europe but I can't find it! :smt031 :smt039
Stu_F
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Stu_F »

Thought both yellow cards to Hawkins in isolation were fair enough but...

Scuffle in 1st minute, I'd have said yellow to both players or a 'calm down or else' from ref.

& I'd hope our medical staff learn from 2nd, why was he allowed to stay on after the clash of heads a couple of minutes earlier? a clumsy tackle like that was always possible when he was obviously in a daze.
Stu_F
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Stu_F »

but decision that 'a severe talking to' sufficed for the shirt tug on Mafi when he had a clear run at ball which seemed to rolling over try line was shocking, cynical professional foul to prevent try scoring opportunity, what is yellow card for? Obviously wouldn't have changed result but awful reffing nevertheless!
jolou
Tiger Cub

Post by jolou »

Poor reffing indeed!
jolou
Downbathway
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by Downbathway »

salcombe bob wrote:Personally I feel the original posting by Downbathway should be reported and copied to Bath Rugby club. They would not be happy with such language and behaviour. I assume our Moderators will have the relevant e mail address from his registration on the site as a new member.

By the way I always thought Bath was in Europe but I can't find it! :smt031 :smt039
Come on Bob!, You're being too hard on me man!. Anyway Bath Rugby already hate me for not being middle-class enough.

All they will do is make me hang up their barbour jackets and tweed caps at the next home game!.....Oh and make me read the Daily Mail!. :smt023
PJ_BECKS
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by PJ_BECKS »

[quote="jolou"]Poor reffing indeed![/quote]

I heard it was James Jones, say no more. How many was there?
Purebob
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Purebob »

DBW
Its been a while since Bath used to expect to beat us. I can understand why some Bath fans feel the need to gloat about today's comprehensive victory.

But you should know that almost every Tigers fan are glad to be out of the useless distracting LV= cup, even at the expense of your seconds beating our thirds.

Enjoy your celebration, feller, and lets all look forward to 26th march when we get to do it for real down your way.
Downbathway
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by Downbathway »

Thank you Purebob!. I was maybe a tad over the top at the end of the game but a Bath victory over Leicester anywhere in any competion has to be celebrated these days.

I'm sure normal service will resume when we meet again, with both teams presumably near full strength.

Apologies to anyone offended by my original post. Including you cockers whom I love dearly really!.

Take it easy now. :smt023
EGM

Post by EGM »

BJ. wrote:
mike wrote:Anyone know why the game has been arranged on a Friday night ? . Does it clash with another game in the same Pool , is there a City game tomorrow, is it on TV ?
You asked the same questions on http://www.leicestertigers.com/forum/vi ... a&start=15 and they are answered there. Alternatively, a 30-second check of, for example, the BBC sports website will tell you if Leicester City are at home tomorrow and a similarly-timed check of the TV listings will let you know if the match is on the box.
How very rude......do you have a lot of time on your hands......to remember previous posts or to scour posts for 'oh that was mentioned before'? this forum is so 'in house' any newbies are scared to post any comments...........
crateman
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by crateman »

Well put EGM, I'm afraid you will get a lot of that from BJ. Just ignore it and join in anyway.
Tyzot
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Tyzot »

Can anyone who was at the game give an estimate of the attendance.
L.F
Tiger Cub

Post by L.F »

Between 6,000 and 8,000, I'd say.
redlakie

Post by redlakie »

I have seen more at the A-League Games, lets put it like that!
Johnnyg

Post by Johnnyg »

EGM wrote:
BJ. wrote:
mike wrote:Anyone know why the game has been arranged on a Friday night ? . Does it clash with another game in the same Pool , is there a City game tomorrow, is it on TV ?
You asked the same questions on http://www.leicestertigers.com/forum/vi ... a&start=15 and they are answered there. Alternatively, a 30-second check of, for example, the BBC sports website will tell you if Leicester City are at home tomorrow and a similarly-timed check of the TV listings will let you know if the match is on the box.
How very rude......do you have a lot of time on your hands......to remember previous posts or to scour posts for 'oh that was mentioned before'? this forum is so 'in house' any newbies are scared to post any comments...........
Absolutely right. The self-appointed headmaster BJ scours the forum for grammatical errors, spelling mistakes and what he perceives to be a lazy, slovenly attitude (he does make a few errors himself but that's different!). Just ignore it, he wouldn't do it to a stranger's face in his local The Pedant's Arms. :smt038