Lammy

England Saxons team for Sat- Manu and 36 start

Post by Lammy »

Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Re: England Saxons team for Sat- Manu and 36 start

Post by Bill W (2) »

It is remarkable that 12T and Manu's first start together should be for Egland!
Still keeping the faith!
Lammy

Post by Lammy »

Starting in their favoured positions too. I think I shall be having a look at this game!
tb1
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by tb1 »

Tony training with the senior squad then?
drc_007
Super User
Super User

Post by drc_007 »

I've been waiting for Manu and Billy to play in their favoured positions, so I've just bought tickets for the match!
mike
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by mike »

Delighted that the England management are giving them a chance . Its a long time since I said that these 2 would be Tigers centre pairing for the future and its a bit sad that we have not seen them together in a Tigers team like this . Still , a good showing and perhaps even Cockerill will be convinced .
bwightman
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by bwightman »

Great news for them!
No Allen? That's a surprise as he's been pushing Waldrom and Youngs very close as our player of the season so far. Hopefully that means he's next in line if Hape or Tinds get injured.

36 and Manu make for a destructive and exciting midfield combo. Let's hope Myler can release them often enough.
BJ.
Super User
Super User

Post by BJ. »

mike wrote:Delighted that the England management are giving them a chance . Its a long time since I said that these 2 would be Tigers centre pairing for the future and its a bit sad that we have not seen them together in a Tigers team like this . Still , a good showing and perhaps even Cockerill will be convinced .
Alternatively, this could be a masterstroke by Cockers. Let them pair up for England first: if it works, then try them together at Leicester; if it doesn't, we've lost nothing and haven't risked losing a game by having an untried centres partnership.
Whatever you do, don't argue. We might never hear from you again.
drc_007
Super User
Super User

Post by drc_007 »

bwightman wrote:Great news for them!
No Allen? That's a surprise as he's been pushing Waldrom and Youngs very close as our player of the season so far. Hopefully that means he's next in line if Hape or Tinds get injured.

36 and Manu make for a destructive and exciting midfield combo. Let's hope Myler can release them often enough.
I wonder if Allen may be called into the full squad?
voice of the crumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by voice of the crumbie »

In my humble opinion based on recent form he should be ahead of both. Tindall is a "has been" and Hape a "never was".
Tigers for the premiership and European Cup. Get behind the team and make some noise!!
Cagey Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Cagey Tiger »

voice of the crumbie wrote:
In my humble opinion based on recent form he should be ahead of both. Tindall is a "has been" and Hape a "never was".
Totally agree Crumbie.
smalldell
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by smalldell »

With all due respect to Italy A they will be one of the weaker 6Nations A teams. I suspect AA may be saved for tougher opponents.

He may of course be needed by the Elite squad and MJ has requested he be kept from getting injured.

12 is a worrying position at the moment for England, Hape is not playing well and Fluety is not on fire. Mind you what alternatives do we have at 13.

Whatever, I am sure AA will appear in a England shirt during the 6Nations, either in the A team or full team.
DickyP
Super User
Super User

Post by DickyP »

voice of the crumbie wrote:
No need to be humble - you're right!

(Mind you I reckon with decent guidance - as he'd get at Tigers - Hape has the potential to be much better than he is.)
For when the One Great Scorer comes to write against your name,
He marks - not that you won or lost - but how you played the Game."
me2
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by me2 »

Bill W (2) wrote:It is remarkable that 12T and Manu's first start together should be for Egland!

It isn't their first start together.

They have both appeared in the same starting line-up on a number of occasions for Tigers Academy for a start.

Also, they both appeared together in the starting line-up for the Tigers game vs Classic All Blacks on 25/5/08. (Manu's 1st XV debut).
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

me2 wrote:
Bill W (2) wrote:It is remarkable that 12T and Manu's first start together should be for Egland!

It isn't their first start together.

They have both appeared in the same starting line-up on a number of occasions for Tigers Academy for a start.

Also, they both appeared together in the starting line-up for the Tigers game vs Classic All Blacks on 25/5/08. (Manu's 1st XV debut).
Appologies. Appearance at a senior level.
Still keeping the faith!