EXETER CHIEFS LV CUP GAME

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Stu_F
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: EXETER CHIEFS LV CUP GAME

Post by Stu_F »

Diabolical, Cockerill must take the blame & consider his position. Clearly we lack strength in depth, we must be looking to win every game by at least 100 points, never miss a tackle, a kick or drop a ball. Anything else is unacceptable and should mean heads roll!

Have a nice day!
Darc Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Darc Tiger »

:smt023
Darc Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Darc Tiger »

From the report, it seems we improved in the second half, and showed flashes of good play. Would like to get an assessment from someone who was at the game.
Stu_F
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Stu_F »

Do you suspect that I didn't attend game?

I nearly went to Leicester Lions but it's a bit cold so I didn't!
Purebob
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Purebob »

Blimey ! Reet proper stuffed. With this team Bath will kill us at home next week.
Crivvens
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Crivvens »

They would indeed. Good job this team won't be playing...
Blimey...
Simmo
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Simmo »

Personally I'm glad we've been beaten again in this nothing tournament. The sooner it bites the dust the better.
What it does show is that in order to compete in 3 tournaments and meet our EPS and Saxons obligations (which are once again growing) we need a bigger squad and for that we need a higher wage cap. I'm not saying I want a higher wage cap (I don't want to pay anymore for my season ticket) but it's no surprise we can no longer consider ourselves capable of winning the treble.

As for suggesting Cockers should go....wash your mouth out. He's doing all he can with the deck he's dealt.

I'm wondering now whether to bother going to the Bath game next Friday or stay at home and watch a good number of our Tigers players stuff Wales.....
Simmo
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

Simmo wrote:I'm wondering now whether to bother going to the Bath game next Friday or stay at home and watch a good number of our Tigers players stuff Wales.....
You can do both! E v W is being shown "as live" at WR after the Bath game!
Still keeping the faith!
EGM

Post by EGM »

Bill W (2) wrote:
Simmo wrote:I'm wondering now whether to bother going to the Bath game next Friday or stay at home and watch a good number of our Tigers players stuff Wales.....
You can do both! E v W is being shown "as live" at WR after the Bath game!
'and your point is?.....why bother with the Barf game which Tigers don't give a stuff about?
cornish tigress
Super User
Super User

Post by cornish tigress »

We went to the game, and normally I can hardly call myself a spot-on analytical critique of the finer points of the game but this time it was flipping impossible as the game was played in the half light with Exeter for some bizarre reason wearing a strip almost exactly the same colour as our away strip. The poor ref. We also had rubbish seats behind the posts and a large strut, so for most of the game it was just a lot of grey people (sorry I mean platinum) dodging either side of the poles. Hard to find any reasons to cheer. I had even taken my flag! I cheered at one run of Dan's. Cheered a monster tackle by Dan. Cheered at a stolen lineout which I think was Ed. Cheered a good high ball taken by Alex Lewington. Joe Cobden took a good mark at one point. Missed Dan's try in a queue for a cocoa, bum. Cheered when Ben Woods came on. The scrum was an embarrassment until then, it did perk up a bit when he joined, until Ed went off! Cheered Stanko's try. Great atmosphere from Chiefs fans, who were kind about our humiliation. Honestly wish I'd gone to Wuss instead and cheered on Manu and 36. Ah well. Hopefully some of the youngsters would have learned some stuff from it all...
http://www.matthampson.co.uk
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

jgriffin wrote:Cockers had no alternative and has taken the correct decisions IMO even though we had to endure Bridgend in the rain for the Ospreys debacle. However Hippo and Robinson IMO have been given the black spot and I would expect them, and Hurrell, to be departing in the summer.

Think Hippo given black spot some months ago.
Still keeping the faith!
kpb
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by kpb »

Show me a team in the top 8 who gives a stuff about the LV cup the sooner it is kicked into touch the better.How can anyone say get rid of cockers??Tigers are top of premiership and through to the QF of the heineken cup what more can we ask for give the bloke a break.Even if he had a full squad of players to choose from i dont think he would have chosen a different team we wouldnt want our star players getting injured....Woukd we??? :smt018
POSITIVE MENTAL ATTITUDE.
butler8
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by butler8 »

can we have a more obvious sarcasm button as some of the things posted on here are getting truly mis-read
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

kpbates wrote:How can anyone say get rid of cockers??
Cockers was in charge when we drew at home to Perpignan.

For this he must answer.

His only salvation is to win in Dublin (I shall be there!) and then lift both HC and AP trophies.

:smt027 :smt027 :smt027
Still keeping the faith!