Courtney Laws

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Old Hob
Super User
Super User

Courtney Laws

Post by Old Hob »

News is that Laws has damaged his cruciate ligament and will miss all the 6N and will not be back for3 months.
Omnia dicta fortiora si dicta Latina
kingol22
Super User
Super User

Re: Courtney Laws

Post by kingol22 »

Would that be the same courtney lawes that plays for england :smt002
It is a big blow for him, england and saints. Who will replace him shaw, deacon, skivington are possibilities.
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

kingol22 wrote:Who will replace him shaw, deacon, skivington are possibilities.
Deacs must be favourite.
Still keeping the faith!
kingol22
Super User
Super User

Post by kingol22 »

Bill W (2) wrote:
kingol22 wrote:Who will replace him shaw, deacon, skivington are possibilities.
Deacs must be favourite.
Maybe but has he been back from injury long enough. Personally i dont think so he should be left at tigers to gain more experience.
Your probably right though he is always reliable and will do a good job for england again if picked.
Moose
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Moose »

I'd go for Skivs personally. Whilst Deacs does the spadework wonderfully Skivington replicates the dynamism of Lawes a bit more and would therefore probably fit into the existing gameplan a bit more easily.

Also I'd rather we keep hold of Deacon for the moment as he's really brought the pack back up to top notch.
GS
Super User
Super User

Post by GS »

A real shame for the lad, and England. Perhaps now we'll see how good Stains are in depth. They really missed him on Saturday. Some of the postings on their board were admitting that you have to have depth to be as good as Tigs and perhaps they aren't there yet.

Of course it does look like Tigers might be dragged in to the rescue, to show how good we are in depth.
Opportunities always look bigger going than coming.
G.K
Super User
Super User

Post by G.K »

No question Deacs should be in the England 2nd row. Just please don't mention it to MJ.
Nowadays referees decide matches, players by how much.
MJ Chairman
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by MJ Chairman »

barson wrote:No question Deacs should be in the England 2nd row. Just please don't mention it to MJ.
But I would suggest not with Palmer as they are too similar.
Great shame for him that Parling is injured
TTRITH
Super User
Super User

Post by TTRITH »

I'd personally bring in Robson and Deacon (need two options as Attwood is banned) and see how they work as a pair.
Richard Burnett
:axe: :smt100
Duncan B
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Duncan B »

I think its a big blow as (i know im being mutinous) but I have never thought Deacon has been particularly impressive for England. He did play very well at the weekend though and I expect he will get picked, lets hope he proves me wrong, sure he will!
johnh

Post by johnh »

Great shame for the lad, I hope he recovers soon. Big blow for Saints and England but based on last Saturdays performance we could loose both Deacs and Skivs (hope not).
Incidently, what news of Geof Parling?
TTRITH
Super User
Super User

Post by TTRITH »

johnh wrote: Incidently, what news of Geof Parling?
He should be back for pre-season, or at least thats what was said when he got injured.
Richard Burnett
:axe: :smt100
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/rugby_union/9351313.stm

BBC (I know I know) thinking either Deacon or Shaw will claim the spot, but also speculating (albeit loosely - I hope so anyway) that Borethwick could be in line for a recall!

Don't shoot the messenger!
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.
mol2
Super User
Super User

Post by mol2 »

Is it his cruciate ligament or his medial ligament? (The press said medical cruciate - which doesn't exist)

Hoperfully it's his medial ligament in which case the recovery is usually much quicker.

I know it was a big game but did Saints play both him and Ashton (who was also strapped up before the game started?) when they were carrying injuries?
g
Super User
Super User

Post by g »

It's funny how nearly everyone on this forum thinks Deacon should be in the England squad, yet on every other clubs forum all the posters think Deacon is absolute :censored: and shouldn't be in the England squad.

Are these people just jealous of Tigers success or is Deacon really not worthy of an England place?

For the record I don't think Shaw or Borewick should be in the squad,that isn't because I'm jealous of Wasps or Sarries success (or lack of it), it's because I think Shaw is too old and should give up international rugby gracefully,and because I don't think Borewick is good enough.