kids standing in the terrace..

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

bigfoot25

kids standing in the terrace..

Post by bigfoot25 »

Every visit to welford road me and my partner always get there hour and half early so we get to stand down at the front whether i take my lad or not... At todays game against saints about 2 min before kick off a young lad came upto me and said i need to stand down at the front!! Im sorry but if you want to stand at the front then get there earlier...

Whats your views on this??
tb1
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: kids standing in the terrace..

Post by tb1 »

There are a certain amount of people on the terrace who take offence if you stand in "their" spot. Unfortunately the concept of unreserved spaces, seems lost on them. Refusing to move will sometimes results in a few elbows to the ribs during the game. If people of this mentality have succeeded to breed then it is unfortunate for the rest of us.
tig1
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by tig1 »

My view is that he is a child and you should let him stand in front of you.
bigfoot25

Post by bigfoot25 »

but if i was to take my lad down i would make sure i went early enough to get to the front!! I dont enjoy standing down there so early but if i want to get at the front its something you have to do.. I would never turn up 5 min before kick off and expect people to move out the way because i have my lad with me
Maximus66

Post by Maximus66 »

Being a person of short stature, I gave up standing on the terrace, because, even if I did manage to get a reasonable spot where the view was ok, taller people would just stand in front of me anyway blocking my view. :smt011
I've never had an issue with my height, but I do have issues with people with bad manners. I wouldn't turn up ridiculously early either just to get the best spot, but that is my choice. However, I personally don't see what is wrong with letting children go nearer to the front.

I now sit in the CAT stand where the atmosphere isn't quite the same, the view however is glorious. :smt001
kingol22
Super User
Super User

Post by kingol22 »

Let the kid in front you can probably see over him any way if they ask politely then whats the problem as long as the parents dont expect to follow him.
bluehumber
Tiger Cub

Post by bluehumber »

I agree that if you want to take a child on to the terrace you should get there early enough for the child to see. A friend of mine and his son both S T holders, travel from Norfolk and always get there early enough for the youngster to see clearly. We need the youngsters (the S T's of tomorrow) but their parents should ensure that they arrive in sufficient time for them to be able to enjoy the game.
RugbyTiger
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by RugbyTiger »

I too have the same problem as Maximus66 and find that sitting in the seats is a much better option for me. However if I was in the standing area and a child smaller than me (if that is possible) wanted to stand in front of me then I would have no problem with it at all. I dont see the problem to be honest - if you get there early to get a certain spot fair enough, but think of it if that was you - how would you feel ?

Carole
Carole

A REAL RUGBY TIGER IN MORE WAYS THAN ONE !!

ALSO KNOWN AS DORCAS - PART OF THE MOTHERS GANG SO WATCH OUT LADS !!
bigfoot25

Post by bigfoot25 »

but it wouldnt be me as i would get there early enough to get a space!! i have been a season ticket holder for 5 years now and have always got there early enough no matter what.. by all means if there is a space for them to squeeze in then yes i would let the kids in but the likes of todays game which was a sell out and was a pretty tight squeeze on the terrace then i cant jus move out the way for a child to get at the front because then i am having to move back which upsets the people behind as they then have to move!!
Rizzo

Post by Rizzo »

In my experience over many years on the terrace, this does happen quite often. Generally I am okay with squishing up and letting child alongside me, I don't let them in front as I need to have the barrier to lean on - which is why I get there before the gates open to be able to get a barrier place. I do, however, get annoyed when the parent then clears off out of sight and leaves the child. Many times the child gets obviously worried when they can't see their parent and I am not there to be a child-minder. I've even had a man ask if his lad can stand in the (small) space beside me, then say "there you are, the lady will look after you..." and promptly disappear from view!

I think if they ask politely and they don't kick, push or shove (all of which I've experienced with bored small children at games) then I haven't got a problem with them standing beside me, and I am happy to squish up to let them in. I won't let them in front though.
Don't waste your time away thinking about yesterday's blues
Demelza - another Mother
tigers fan
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by tigers fan »

Before I had a season ticket I managed to get tkts for the terraces and got there early. In the queue in front of me was a dad with a child and he said I always get here early so that I can get a place at the barrier for my son and I stand behind him and I know that they still do that. I don't stand but in my opnion, parents with children should get there early if they want them to stand at the front.
The prob is that it isn't the childrens fault it's the fault of the parents and I suppose that if they get there late and say can my little jimmy or whoever go to the front and people say yes they are never going to get there early as they know that people will let their child go to the front.
fleabane
Super User
Super User

Post by fleabane »

I have had the same experiences as Rizzo.

The only thing to do, if you want to stand at the front, is to queueand get in early.

If a child is left, call a steward, and get them to take the child to the security office. To leave a child in a crowd is totally irresponsible.
Valhalla I am coming!
el trombono
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by el trombono »

tb1 wrote: If people of this mentality have succeeded to breed then it is unfortunate for the rest of us.
IS THIS QUOTE FOR REAL???

This is about people coming to see a game of rugby. For goodness sake, wise up. I can remember going to matches when children got lifted over the turnstile, when passing kids down the front over heads was absolutely standard practice.

You sad people.... why not just bar kids from attending - or just ban kids!.

If people of this mentality have succeeded to breed then it is unfortunate for the rest of us.... Honestly. I have never read anything so offensive.

Should there be an income bar on parenting? An ethnic bar?

Yours faithfully from Saffron Lane - with seven children.

DO not insult me and Leicester Tigers by suggesting that I or anyone else should have succeeded to breed

That is offensive in the highest degree.
Behind You!