It feels like an undeserved privilege

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

adamv6
Gold Member
Gold Member

It feels like an undeserved privilege

Post by adamv6 »

Don't get me wrong (I have a been a Tigers fan since the day I started taking an interest in Rugby about <cough> years ago), but I really feel like our position in the league is really undeserved.

I also feel that it is covering over the cracks.

There haven't been many stand out teams so far this season, and a lot of teams have played much better than us and are getting nowhere fast.

Anybody else feel this way or should I just be greatful we aren't at the bottom!
JGriffin - "The outright winner was the ref who blew himself inside out."
http://incoherenttwaddle.blogspot.com/
tb1
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: It feels like an undeserved privilege

Post by tb1 »

I dont agree that a lot of teams have played better than us. The only team who have arguably played consistently better are Saints.

Unless some dramatic shift happens a Saints/Tigers final seems nailed on.

The standard in the league however is often mediocre, when compared with the French league.
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

The biggest threat to rugby in England and us in particular, is being forced to play games when a huge chunk of our players are away on international duty.In football the premiership and championship games are cancelled when England are playing.If the same was done in rugby union we could pick from our best players and acheive the consistency we all desire.
In the mean time our squad of players have done us proud and we are exactly where we belong..............AT THE TOP

Stop moaning.
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
drc_007
Super User
Super User

Post by drc_007 »

The sign of a good side is the ability to accumulate points when not playing at the best.
Smurphswillgetya
Super User
Super User

Post by Smurphswillgetya »

Well it seems the season of good cheer is at an end and the misery guts are back. :smt003

The glass is not even half empty with some people. Considering the injuries and International call up's I think the Tigers deserve to be at the top. For crying out loud we have scored more points than any other team in the premiership by a mile. What more do you want? We have even played entertaining rugby by allowing the opponents to score more points than last season.

I understand that alcohol leads to depression sometimes so lay off it if you cant handle it.

Beat Saints on Saturday and I will be in a very happy place. Lose and I will still be in a happy place because we are the LEICESTER TIGERS!
Of course this is my own opinion and other posters may have a different perceived factual viewpoint.
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

Smurphswillgetya wrote:Well it seems the season of good cheer is at an end and the misery guts are back. :smt003

The glass is not even half empty with some people. Considering the injuries and International call up's I think the Tigers deserve to be at the top. For crying out loud we have scored more points than any other team in the premiership by a mile. What more do you want? We have even played entertaining rugby by allowing the opponents to score more points than last season.

I understand that alcohol leads to depression sometimes so lay off it if you cant handle it.

Beat Saints on Saturday and I will be in a very happy place. Lose and I will still be in a happy place because we are the LEICESTER TIGERS!
Well said.
If people have a feeling that we are not performing in certain areas of play,point them out so we can debate them.Please don't come on and say we don't deserve to be where we are,our players/coaches have done everything they can to get us there.BE PROUD OF YOUR TEAMS ACHIEVEMENTS and support them.
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

tigerburnie wrote:
Smurphswillgetya wrote:Well it seems the season of good cheer is at an end and the misery guts are back. :smt003

Well said.
If people have a feeling that we are not performing in certain areas of play,point them out so we can debate them.Please don't come on and say we don't deserve to be where we are,our players/coaches have done everything they can to get us there.BE PROUD OF YOUR TEAMS ACHIEVEMENTS and support them.
:smt038 :smt038 :smt038 :smt038

I can only add KEEP THE FAITH!
Still keeping the faith!
physiodan
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by physiodan »

Ifs and Buts...

If we had taken the points this season which we gave away - Wasps and Gloucester - then we would be sat pretty with 9 more points and 11 above Saints (yes they have 2 games in hand). However, a few silly mistakes means we are by default above Saints but we are starting to piece together some good hard rugby and getting results. We need to win every game but losses will come but with an injury ravaged season what can be expected. 3 appearances from our starting 10, few more from 2nd choice and many excellent from our 3rd choice who is a centre. Saints on the other hand have had the rub of the green injurywise and thus only lost one game. Just wish I could be wearing a beard at the game on saturday to support the "save Castro plea".

As Bill says...

Keep the faith
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

physiodan wrote: Just wish I could be wearing a beard at the game on saturday to support the "save Castro plea".

As Bill says...

Keep the faith
I have not shaved my beard off and will therefore still be sporting it!!!
Still keeping the faith!
Smurphswillgetya
Super User
Super User

Now I am getting depressed, the happy brigade are out supporting the Tigers. Take your red, white and green tinted glasses off. Saints are the best team in England. They and Saracens were the best two teams in England last season and the season before it was Bath and London Irish and before that.... Tigers have to face reality. We are not the best team in England and never will be because teams like Bath, LI, Wasps, Saints, Glos, Sale and Saracens have more flair than us. :smt030 :smt030 :smt030
Of course this is my own opinion and other posters may have a different perceived factual viewpoint.
Cagey Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Cagey Tiger »

Is it very difficult typing while your tongue is firmly anchored in one cheek?
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

Cagey Tiger wrote:Is it very difficult typing while your tongue is firmly anchored in one cheek?

He speaks with forked tongue. Anchored in both cheeks!!!
Still keeping the faith!
Cagey Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Cagey Tiger »

That must be even more difficult :smt003 My respect knows no bounds.
Smurphswillgetya
Super User
Super User

Cagey Tiger wrote:That must be even more difficult :smt003 My respect knows no bounds.
Cagey T I can assure you and Bill that I dont think my tongue is long enough to be anchored to my 'cheeks' and neither would I wish to try to reach my cheeks! Anyway that would all be behind me! :smt003 :smt003 :smt003
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

Smurphswillgetya wrote:
Cagey Tiger wrote:That must be even more difficult :smt003 My respect knows no bounds.
Cagey T I can assure you and Bill that I dont think my tongue is long enough to be anchored to my 'cheeks' and neither would I wish to try to reach my cheeks! Anyway that would all be behind me! :smt003 :smt003 :smt003

:smt005 :smt005 :smt005 :smt005 Surely that depends on where your head is located? :smt016 :smt016 :smt016 :smt016
Still keeping the faith!