Post by Don.Reid »

I don't beleive it!
I just fancy an up and under!
kingol22
Super User
Super User

Re: Glaws pegged back by Leeds

Post by kingol22 »

If leeds can start winning it may just send sale down. Things are not looking good for that club
McScotty
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by McScotty »

What was the score?
Don.Reid

Post by Don.Reid »

15-13 to Leeds
I just fancy an up and under!
g
Super User
Super User

Post by g »

Still think Leeds will go down. It won't be the great escape for them this season like it was for them last season.

Think Sale and Falcons will survive. By the skin of there teeth.

I don't think Leeds are a Premiership quality side,they are a Nat Div 1 side,so are Sale and Falcons. I just think Leeds have left it too late this season to start winning games to survive.I don't think the Premiership needs teams like Leeds, Sale or Newcastle as none are good enough to grace the Premiership.
Jay C
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Jay C »

g wrote:I don't think the Premiership needs teams like Leeds, Sale or Newcastle as none are good enough to grace the Premiership.
But then we'd only have Quins and Barf to take out our 8 try demolitions on !! :smt005
Cliffeclimber
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Cliffeclimber »

"I don't think the Premiership needs teams like Leeds, Sale or Newcastle " from the Little Book of g's Wisdom.

A tantalising and thought-provoking observation which makes me wonder, g, how you think the Prem could be organised and funded with only 9 teams.

Or do you know of three better teams who are playing somewhere in England? I must admit my knowledge of the current quality of teams outside the Prem is very poor. I'd be very interested in your advice about which clubs I ought to be keeping an eye on for promotion.
Jay C
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Jay C »

Cliffeclimber wrote:"I don't think the Premiership needs teams like Leeds, Sale or Newcastle " from the Little Book of g's Wisdom.

A tantalising and thought-provoking observation which makes me wonder, g, how you think the Prem could be organised and funded with only 9 teams.

Or do you know of three better teams who are playing somewhere in England? I must admit my knowledge of the current quality of teams outside the Prem is very poor. I'd be very interested in your advice about which clubs I ought to be keeping an eye on for promotion.
Ignoring the sarcasm, I don't see why 3 down & 1 up (that'll be Worcester, Cliff) would be a bad idea - reduce the Prem to 10 (more competitive) teams = less games (smaller squad required), similar revenue (for most sides) and therefore an opportunity to increase the salary cap interms of size and available cash per person required. Better quality matches, more chance of competing in Europe and happy fans - result !!

In fact, make it a closed shop and then clubs will be much happier to raise the salary cap and Tigers will be in prime position to dominate both Prem and Europe ! ===> Bring it on !! :smt026 :smt026 :smt026
Mr Bean
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Mr Bean »

Cliffeclimber wrote:"I don't think the Premiership needs teams like Leeds, Sale or Newcastle " from the Little Book of g's Wisdom.

Well if clubs outside the premiership had anything near a decent funding from the RFU they might do a little better. With your clubs pushing for promotion you have worcester, bedford are very close behind now and they are doing very well considering there still a semi proffesional side, cornish pirates also have a very strong side and a wealthy backer behind them and within a couple of years I feel they may well be in the same position as exeter. London welsh are a tidy outfit but they have monetary problems but last year they had a 10 point deduction and they still finished 3rd if they had not had that deduction then they may have been in the premiership instead of exeter.