Exeter v Tigers

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Re: Exeter v Tigers

Post by Bill W (2) »

jgriffin wrote:My bro got two at cost from 'a contact'- he avoided eBay! But they are like gold dust down Exeter way. I hope we show up!
Show up???

We shall start like the very devil incarnate; prisoners will not be taken. We shall murder them in the set piece; masacre them in the loose; make inroads through the centre and run havoc out wide!

Apart from that we will have a quiet game.

KEEP THE FAITH!
Still keeping the faith!
SaltyJackTar
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by SaltyJackTar »

Bill W (2) wrote: masacre them in the loose; make inroads through the centre and run havoc out wide!
Poor spelling again Bill! You must be having another off night. Should be massacre. :smt002
Sponsorship deals may come and go but the CRUMBIE stand will always remain.
Smurphswillgetya
Super User
Super User

Post by Smurphswillgetya »

jgriffin wrote:My bro got two at cost from 'a contact'- he avoided eBay! But they are like gold dust down Exeter way. I hope we show up!
I hope we turn up, otherwise there wont be a game :smt017
Of course this is my own opinion and other posters may have a different perceived factual viewpoint.
susieblue

Post by susieblue »

How manyTigers' supporters are going??

Four of us have rented a thatched cottage nearby for New Year's weekend and, after last week's match, are really excited about the whole trip.

Even taking the flags!!! :smt003
SaltyJackTar
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by SaltyJackTar »

susieblue wrote:How manyTigers' supporters are going??

Four of us have rented a thatched cottage nearby for New Year's weekend and, after last week's match, are really excited about the whole trip.

Even taking the flags!!! :smt003
I will be travelling down with Mrs SJT on Sunday and staying over until Tuesday.

Will be taking flags plus a furry Tigers' hat!!!!! :smt026 :smt026 :smt026
Sponsorship deals may come and go but the CRUMBIE stand will always remain.
pogue3
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by pogue3 »

16 of us going. Unfortunately only 2 of us are tigers fans. Will be making as much noise as possible after lubricating my voicebix with otter ale.
fentiger
Super User
Super User

Post by fentiger »

We`re going (4 of us), staying from Fri to Tues with friends at Silverton. About 20 of us going to the match, all the others are Exeter fans!
Can recommend the pubs in Silverton either the Tuns or the Lamb are brilliant if anyone fancies it!
cornish tigress
Super User
Super User

Post by cornish tigress »

We're going :smt026 :smt026 It'll be great to have a whole bunch of Tigers fans there. I think you'll be pleasantly surprised by Sandy Park, it is quite swish considering. Looks like Stalag Luft Rugby from the M5!
http://www.matthampson.co.uk
cornish tigress
Super User
Super User

Post by cornish tigress »

Here's what the chiefs unoffy are predicting!

Exeter Chiefs v Leicester Tigers Jan 2nd 2011

Well with the Bath game at the Rec postponed, this match brings the chiefs to the halfway point of our inaugural Premiership season.
It’s been a long hard fought battle, but there is as hard, if not harder a half still to come. We are in a good position at the half way point, hopefully this result will take us to where no-one had really dreamt we would be when we started the season back against Gloucester.
With 3 weeks off for most of the first team, come about as a result of 2 Amlin cup games, where most first team members were rested for at least 1 if not both matches, and that postponed game at Bath, the guys should be well and truly rested, and had a little time to enjoy the festivities. Hopefully by now, the guys will have reverted to their pre match build up and will be feeling as match hardened as they would have, had they not had 3 weeks off. I’m sure that whilst their bodies might have enjoyed the lay-off, most will be wishing that the break had not been so long. The Bath game would have been an ideal opportunity to get back into the swing of things.
Leicester have just come away from their break, having given strugglers Sale a good drubbing, even without their full team, due to having to rest some of their England squad players. The Tiggers still showed areas of weakness in that game, which I am sure Rob and Co will be working on this week, together with some other new weapons of their own up their sleeves. They might be in second place in the Prem, but they are definitely not firing on all cylinders, in all areas.
Although it is a hard one to call, I believe that Rob will announce a team very similar to the Sharks squad, but with the possible inclusion of Clarkie, if fit, Steeno and Phillips on the bench.
With Sandy Park packed to the gunnels I am hoping for the 16th man to come into play, from the moment the guys leave the pitch after their warm up, and follow on throughout the match. This should be the finest atmosphere that we have experienced to date at Sandy Park. If we can scale up the noise we made at the Memorial stadium on the last day of last season, we’ll be heard across Exeter, and if we can link the ETS with the ETN, the North terrace, the Karrimor terrace, the West Grandstand, the Southwest terrace and the SW Telecoms stand, the Tiggas will have no where to hide.
The weather is expected to start to cool; down again for the 2nd January, so you will all need to wrap up warm, but make sure you have lubricated your voice boxes because we need your voices.

Prediction:
Noisy, very noisy, tense and very very close. But I believe we can make up for the disappointment that we came away from Welford Road with, Sandy Park will remain a fortress, battered but not destroyed.

Chiefs! Chiefs! Chiefs!
http://www.matthampson.co.uk
kingol22
Super User
Super User

Post by kingol22 »

i'll go for tigers by 20. With the possibility of flood being back and youngs we could really tear them apart.
salcombe bob
Super User
Super User

Post by salcombe bob »

just don't let them believe and get any real momentum. Keep the crowd quiet and they'll never really get going. I think we play beat them at their own game, that is make them play under constant, intense pressure. Our scrum could just give them a pasting, we are so much more battle hardened with Castro etc than them. :smt038
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

Much will be down to Mr. Doyle.

Isn't he another sevens expert?

So likely he does not understrand scrummaging!
Still keeping the faith!
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

jgriffin wrote:Oh, JP Doyle? Not the best call for us, a game for a Pearson, Richards or even a White.
The same JP Doyle. I am becoming apprehensive.
Still keeping the faith!